AOW - Armored Berserk & Fire Dragon

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
DirectDK said:
AOW EMAILED ME AND SOMEONE CANCELLED SO I NOW HAVE AN ORDER FOR THIS STATUE. THANK YOU FOR READING, HAVE A GOOD DAY!

:guts: :guts: :guts:

That's good news! :serpico:

They emailed me yesterday too that someone cancelled his Guts on Horse order and that I'm next in line, maybe it's the same guy. :guts:

I just wonder how someone can cancel his order that late, thought that only works 2 weeks after confirming it.

Chiba said:
That's good news! :serpico:

They emailed me yesterday too that someone cancelled his Guts on Horse order and that I'm next in line, maybe it's the same guy. :guts:

Yay, good news for the both of us!

Haha, the release date is approaching !
The Gurunberd bust (called "Fire Dragon" :???: ) will be perfect near the recent Guts Berserker (wolf face) bust.

I really hope that it will be 1/10 scalled (and there is an high degree of possibility regarding the dimensions of the diorama and the position of Guts). Art of War japanese website quotes "non scale" and I don't like it very much. Bah, we will see... quite soon

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kenji-kun said:
The Gurunberd bust (called "Fire Dragon" :???: )

What part confuses you exactly? Grunberd is a fire dragon. It's not really a bust either, just his head.

Kenji-kun said:
I really hope that it will be 1/10 scalled (and there is an high degree of possibility regarding the dimensions of the diorama and the position of Guts). Art of War japanese website quotes "non scale" and I don't like it very much.

Well if we are to believe AOW about the "non-scale" it shouldn't be scaled at 1/10. I'd expect something around 1/12 if I were you, like for the Guts: Kingdom of Falconia diorama. All of that being part of AOW's "scene collection." I thought that matter had been settled months ago.

Yeah, it can be a statue classified in the AoW "scene collection", but why would they not state it on their descriptions ?
Guts Falconia is really really small, I can't imagine this Berserker on rock statue could be 30 cm high with such a small Guts on the top of it, crouchig like that.
...But I know deep in myself that you are probably right :judo: ("like always" I want to say).
I still keep (a little) hope anyway (obstinate I am, sorry)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kenji-kun said:
Yeah, it can be a statue classified in the AoW "scene collection", but why would they not state it on their descriptions ?

Well they never mentioned the "scene collection" anywhere but in a reply to an e-mail DirectDK sent them. Don't ask me why, I don't know anything more than you do. It's just how they do things at AOW, not always very logically. They don't even specify anything about Guts: Kingdom of Falconia's scale on their site, that means people could mistakingly assume that it's 1/10 like the majority of their other statues.

Kenji-kun said:
...But I know deep in myself that you are probably right :judo: ("like always" I want to say).
I still keep (a little) hope anyway (obstinate I am, sorry)

Well I can't blame you for having hopes man... I even wish it'd be as big as possible for the customers' sake, but I'm afraid you'll be disappointed if you put too much faith in it.

I agree : Art of War is really weird sometimes...

Ok, if Derek was answered by mail that this statue is a part of the "scene collection", the scale would probably be something like 1/12...

Too bad.
Can't wait to see it anyway :guts: this looks awesome !

I don't have seen online photographies of the statue yet.
Quite strange !
Art of War has just sent me a mail telling me that mine is on the way to my house :carcus:

I will post pics as soon as I have it ;)
We will be fixed concerning the scale (even if I am quite certain now that is it indeed 1/12 scaled... like Aazealh always said) !

Chiba

Yeah, they shopped mine too! And it's currently in Chiba. XD
Who cares about the scale, it's freaking awesome! :guts:

Picked up mine from the post office this morning. It is a very nice statue. One of my favorites, it sucks it isnt 1/10 but at the same time it doesnt take away from how great it is.

Well based on the Grunbeld picture it'll fit in my case at least.

Finally got my credit card to work yesterday so I should have this and the Guts on horse early next week.

Thanks a lot Aazeahl ;)
Great pics indeed.

I will receive the statue tomorrow.
Argh, I had already lost hope concerning the scale.
Huuuum, it gives me an idea (concerning the displaying). I can imagine how great it would be if I place Griffith and Guts Horse Riding Sculptures near each other, with this Berserker on Rock right behind them, in the middle.
I will try ^^

Hopla ;)
A pure beauty !
Too bad for the 1/15 scale. It would have probably been the BEST STATUE EVER if it was 1/10 scaled.

769_3.jpg

779_3.jpg

771_3.jpg

http://img.gkblogger.com/blog/imgdb/000/000/053/776_3.jpg
http://img.gkblogger.com/blog/imgdb/000/000/053/775_3.jpg
http://img.gkblogger.com/blog/imgdb/000/000/053/765_3.jpg

Just got this piece and I must say it is bitter sweet.

I love the concept and the overall sculpt is great. God it is SMALL though like people say. When comparing it to the original Berserker a few more flaws become apparent. There is way less detail in the cape and the face isn't sculpted under the helm.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Chiba said:
I don't think that Guts' face is ever visible in this form.

It is, especially in recent episodes. As for this particular shot, taken from the cover of Vol. 28, Guts' face is not visible. That sucks about the lack of detail, though. Maybe I'll wait a while before trying to pick this one up on eBay or Yahoo Japan Auctions.

Chiba

From what I remember it has never been visible, not during the fight at Flora's house nor during the fight at the beach. I haven't read past volume 30 yet though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chiba said:
From what I remember it has never been visible

You don't remember well then, because it was visible during the fight at Flora's mansion. In any case it doesn't really matter IMO, since Maiku's point is that you can see it on the statue, and that it's not sculpted. They could have roughly sculpted a face so it wouldn't be awkward to look under the helmet.

Chiba

It's visible when Guts is brought back by Schierke, but it's never visible when he is fully under the influence of the Beast. That's also how I interpret the statue.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chiba said:
It's visible when Guts is brought back by Schierke, but it's never visible when he is fully under the influence of the Beast.

He's not under the influence of the Beast but under the influence of the armor (the fact it manifests itself as the Beast is only a reflection of Guts' mind), and the amount of control he has over himself is irrelevant here as far as I can tell. Same for how you personally "interpret" the statue, I don't think it matters much in this case considering how AOW chose to make a head inside of the helmet instead of having it filled with black material (which is what you are/should be advocating?). What Maiku's saying is that roughly shaping that head and giving it a face would have been a nice touch (like what they did with the first "Armored Berserk"). You can interpret that however you want but I'm not sure there's a lot to be argued on... Especially since you can distinguish the silhouette of Guts' head inside the helmet on the cover of volume 28, which is what this statue is based on. Besides, it's not like he has no face when he wears his helmet, whether we see it or not in the manga (for dramatic and symbolic purposes) doesn't change this fact.

Top Bottom