Author Topic: Episode 188  (Read 8394 times)

Offline White Hawk

• Of the Interstice
  • The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Re: Episode 188
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2001, 06:16:38 AM »
Well it is just amazing how Miura evades the previsions we fans make. I would never have guessed something like a possession might happen to Guts. It's so discouraging, but also intriguing.
I think, connecting to fishbomb's comment about Guts possible apostle form, that he would be something really close to that beast. After all, the beast took Guts's shape when it first appeared. Like a darkside. But isn't Guts already dark enough?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by 1031209200 »
Sometimes the wings of fallen dragons refuse to give up the sky.

Offline Fishbomb

• Of the Nexus
  • Fear the slightly white swordsman!
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2001, 06:42:02 AM »

But isn't Guts already dark enough?

In a way... but he is also light, he loves, he cares, he worries about people. No matter how much he has tried to shut it out, to smash it down.

He has started facing his fears again... and a lot of his guilt as well I guess. He might have conquered the beast back at Godo's place, but things have changed since then, and things like that never rests or stays buried. More than likely this beast is (or feeeds on) Guts darker sides, his guilt over the hawks death, his guilt over Casca's rape, his guilt for leaving Griffith and being the indirect cause of  his capture and torture.

Yeah, I think that whatever might have happened between them Griffith is still one of Guts biggest emotional issues, and not just in a hate way. Just look at Guts reaction after finding Griffith in his cell, one of the more touching reunions in the book. Guts might hate Griffith the demon (femto) but can he hate Griffith the man? And speaking of which... is Griffith demon or man? Are Miura going to suprise us yet another time?

I think yes... I have stopped trying to second guess him by now. No use, I'm mostly wrong anyway *grins*.

Damn I love this comic....
Visit the home of the Skaven!

The UnderEmpire always welcomes new rats into the warm comfy tunnels. Join the online campaign, trade painting tips or find that perfect sneaky tactic to defeat your opponent.

Rattsu, Member of the Council of Thirteen

http://s6.invisionfree.com/The_UnderEmpire/

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2001, 04:15:35 PM »
I would never have guessed something like a possession might happen to Guts. It's so discouraging, but also intriguing.

but he _has_ been possessed...

and it is the ultimate irony that the person who seems to be devine (Griffith), is in fact a devil leading the blind white sheep.  While the one who looks the most like a demon (Guts) is actually one of the more noble characters.

...I just kinda like that...
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Narumi

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2001, 08:36:08 PM »
It's actually common in literature to flip black and white for meanings..."Heart of Darkness" (which I think is a terrible book) is a good example of this.

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2001, 09:39:44 PM »

It's actually common in literature to flip black and white for meanings..."Heart of Darkness" (which I think is a terrible book) is a good example of this.

never read it... but I see your point
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Fishbomb

• Of the Nexus
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2001, 11:59:53 PM »

But it made a wonderful film (and here I'm talking about Apocalypse now...)

I find it rather amusing that so many 'classics' really are not that good at all. Oh well, I'm probably picky I guess... or I've read too much...

The UnderEmpire always welcomes new rats into the warm comfy tunnels. Join the online campaign, trade painting tips or find that perfect sneaky tactic to defeat your opponent.

Offline White Hawk

• Of the Interstice
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2001, 03:55:48 AM »
My theory is that Guts , inn the end, will be revealed as the Hawk of Light, as the whole prophecy deal is a fraud by Idea to fool the people. Griffis, instead, will be the hawk of darkness (in femto form). Boh, who knows...

Offline Fishbomb

• Of the Nexus
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2001, 07:06:49 AM »
Or what if Griffith really IS the hawk of light. And Guts really is the hawk of darkness....

wouldn't that throw us for a spin? Would not put it past Miura

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2001, 09:07:23 AM »

My theory is that Guts , inn the end, will be revealed as the Hawk of Light, as the whole prophecy deal is a fraud by Idea to fool the people. Griffis, instead, will be the hawk of darkness (in femto form). Boh, who knows...

So far, Griff is doing a damned good job of saving the people from oppression...I think the real shit will go down after hes attained his kingdom. Oh, and Femto is dead, did you forget?  ;)
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline White Hawk

• Of the Interstice
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2001, 10:59:21 AM »

So far, Griff is doing a damned good job of saving the people from oppression...I think the real shit will go down after hes attained his kingdom. Oh, and Femto is dead, did you forget?  ;)

I didn't forget, I kinda don't believe it... (yup, I'm a tough nut to crack)...
Anyway, there's really no need to go into that loong discussion we had so many times before. I almost agree with your theory Walter, it's just that there's something that keeps telling me there's a part missing... :P
Nevertheless, chapter 189 should bring forth new revelations...

Offline Nadiaska

• Of the Interstice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2002, 04:04:46 PM »
I think Guts will be possessed again by the beast becoming a monster, he could have like this some chance against Griffith, that in spite of having the same appearance always, he is still a demon. But for that it will be that he will need to eliminate your lover Casca? Won't Casca be a sacrifice that the beast indirectly forces Guts to accomplish, so that the beast possesses him completely? Your attack against her worsened a lot the situation, tends that you tie her, for she doesn't get lost, in the state in that her one find I found normal your reaction, although it doesn't agree, because I twist that she recovers! ???

Nadiaska

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2002, 05:19:25 PM »
Good call, but...whyd you post that here? This thread has been dead since October.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Nadiaska

• Of the Interstice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2002, 03:56:21 PM »
Does believe that nor did I notice? But....it was the most appropriate place. Besides..... served for resuscitating this topic!!!  :P

Nadiaska!