AVP round 2

Aazealh said:
Yeah, SCIV is basically a retelling of Castlevania 1. Don't know what you mean by "sans American version" though. And as far as the story being really simple, wait a minute and think about it, is this a bad thing? I don't think whatever treatment the movie will go through will do justice to the story, so we might as well just go with the minimum and focus on the action. Dracula is ruining the land, we see 5 minutes of misery and then it's Simon Belmont at the gates of the castle, slapping his whip furiously. Then 6 themed levels (a little more if they're ambitious) with regular memorable "bosses" that depart from more common disposable enemies.

It could work with very little tweaking, would make for a fine action summer flick, and if done correctly would even satisfy the fans. No need for a retarded, convoluted "story" going against half the series' mythology and ending up being just confusing and useless. And I'm absolutely sure there's no way the story of Castlevania III could be correctly pulled off. Same for the origin of Dracula, that just sounds like a really really bad idea.

Well I haven't played CV IV in ages, but I do remember the north american "translation" kind of wording things in a way that made it seem like Simon was "back to kill Dracula...Again", making it his "second" time battling Dracula and not his first. Maybe I just am remembering it wrong. Anyways, I do agree with the whole "they won't get the story right/won't matter, might as well be all action" but just as my personal preference, I think something like Rondo of Blood or III has the quickest "no brain story" that could cut straight to the action and actually have a decent shot at being a good live action VG movie...of which, we have...maybe one or two decent attempts...THE FUTURE IS BLEAK!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Manji said:
Well I haven't played CV IV in ages, but I do remember the north american "translation" kind of wording things in a way that made it seem like Simon was "back to kill Dracula...Again", making it his "second" time battling Dracula and not his first.

Oh, haha I see, the kind of stuff that's in the handling book. I don't remember if they said anything about it in my version, but it doesn't matter much anyway. We know the truth. :guts:

Manji said:
Anyways, I do agree with the whole "they won't get the story right/won't matter, might as well be all action" but just as my personal preference, I think something like Rondo of Blood or III has the quickest "no brain story" that could cut straight to the action and actually have a decent shot at being a good live action VG movie...of which, we have...maybe one or two decent attempts...THE FUTURE IS BLEAK!

Well I don't know man, it doesn't get much straighter than "guy in front of gate with thunderclaps in the background". :guts: Though Rondo would do as well I guess, a side-kick for the main character could be useful. I'm afraid Castlevania III would be too complicated, too many characters and not enough time for development. The sad thing is that I could enjoy it if it where well done... But I mustn't think like that, it'll only make it more painful in the end.

CnC

Ad Oculos
handsome rakshas said:
I salute you both for making two non-Castlevania related threads about Castlevania.

lol... I was gonna say that...

...unless the predator is also dracula - in which case the thread tangent is perfectly reasonable.

CnC said:
lol... I was gonna say that...

...unless the predator is also dracula - in which case the thread tangent is perfectly reasonable.
Oh shit.
Well that and maybe the Belmonts replace the Marines. Hey, if they can find a way to think of putting Ash in a Freddy vs Jason movie, they can find a way to throw Dracula into AVP.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Manji said:
Oh shit.
Well that and maybe the Belmonts replace the Marines. Hey, if they can find a way to think of putting Ash in a Freddy vs Jason movie, they can find a way to throw Dracula into AVP.

HEY! I am still waiting to see Ash vs Freddy vs Jason! :ganishka:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=125014 *cough*

Anyways Dracula is already signed to be in AVP 3 and 4 as the hero. "One face hugger... Two face huggers... Three! Three face huggers hahaha"

Well things are looking up for the Castlevania movie. First bit of good news was the Paul wouldn't be directing, but his script would still be used. Now, not even his script is being used. Good news indeed. That man sucks at his job:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/816/816932p1.html

in AVP2 the black chick returns from AVP and kill 100 aliens with her alien head shield and whip alien tail.. oh yea you know its true.

Then she have tea with the pred's and they all live happy ever after.. thats how lame this movie is gonna be, I just know it :judo:

"The previous version was written by Paul W.S. Anderson, who dropped out to helm the Death Race remake instead."

Noooooooooooo!!! Why does Anderson always have to ruin these classic franchises, I mean, I know Death Race isn't as big as AVP, RE, or Castlevania, but come on! When will this madness stop?

Wow, its nice to know Paul's script isn't being accepted. What's not nice to know?
It was so terrible they decide to rewrite the whole thing

..wow. That reminds me on Kevin Smith's "pitch" he got for his Superman script[see it on youtube fyi]. GIGANTIC SPIDERS.

I hope one day they leak it over the net (or what Paul had) just to see how terrible it was in contrast to what we get, assuming its not the lesser of two evils.

For AVP, I hated the main chick in that. Come to think of it, I hated everyone in AVP and everything except for the brief 2 seconds of the Queen looking nice and dandy.

As for Ash, I liked how that article ended. The reason Bruce Campbell said he wouldn't do it was only because Ash would -have- to win. Nice to see the comic writers agree.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
aufond said:
"The previous version was written by Paul W.S. Anderson, who dropped out to helm the Death Race remake instead."

Ohhh, i bet it would contain such novel elements like an antarctic underground hive and spastic undead walking by the camera rather unmotivated. I bet it's PG 6 or 0, so that it can be fun for the whole family. Not a single casualty, no bad language..just sterile, braindead "entertainment", which seems to be Pauls forte.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
LOL, a Joust movie! Ahh, it's times like these that actually make me all fuzzy for the intended Thundercats movie.
Now i'm just waiting for a Pong movie. After that, i can die in pure bliss.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Just picked up the alien and predator comics. Dark Horse has these great Omnibus sets which include most the main arcs in the alien and predator comic series, as well as the original AvP comics. I don't really read comics (just manga) but they are seriously awesome, definitely better than the last couple of movies in the franchise. If your thinking the aliens versus predator idea sounds cool but the movies just suck, and you wish for some alternative, well I think this is your best bet. It's actually cool!

Abul-Abbas said:
Maybe she tried to prevent the aliens from reaching earth because she knew how much havoc they had caused in the past there... :carcus: :troll:

I dun remember Ripley mention that she knew the Aliens has invaded the Earth in the past. In fact the setting of all the aliens movie never showed any record of aliens setting foot on earth, especially in the beginning of "aliens", if not those jokers at the conference table wouldn't laugh at her when she mention about a foreign organism having the blood of an acid.

Aazealh said:
You're setting yourself up for another disappointment.

Well i am not thinking this way? Guess why?

Because I am taking these as predator 3 instead, the predator return back to earth in the very same way as the first 2 movie (First the jungle, den the concrete). These predators are killing the human in cities just like the first 2 movie, except that another species which they brought to earth in the species clashes with them.

Den again, it doesn't sound convincing, and it doesn't matter because i am just seeing it for the sake of thrills on the battle that all.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oberi said:
If your thinking the aliens versus predator idea sounds cool but the movies just suck, and you wish for some alternative, well I think this is your best bet. It's actually cool!

I also recommend the games for those that haven't played them yet. They've aged decently IMHO, and they're plain awesome for fans of the franchises.

Smith said:
I dun remember Ripley mention that she knew the Aliens has invaded the Earth in the past. In fact the setting of all the aliens movie never showed any record of aliens setting foot on earth, especially in the beginning of "aliens", if not those jokers at the conference table wouldn't laugh at her when she mention about a foreign organism having the blood of an acid.

Abul-Abbas was making a joke, hence the troll emoticon he used.

Smith said:
Well i am not thinking this way? Guess why? Because I am taking these as predator 3 instead, the predator return back to earth in the very same way as the first 2 movie (First the jungle, den the concrete). These predators are killing the human in cities just like the first 2 movie, except that another species which they brought to earth in the species clashes with them. Den again, it doesn't sound convincing, and it doesn't matter because i am just seeing it for the sake of thrills on the battle that all.

What you say is in direct contradiction with the first AvP's scenario. Then you acknowledge that, and go on to say you don't care anyway because you just want to see the battle scenes. I could understand if AvP's battle scenes weren't lame and didn't cheapen both the Aliens and the Predators.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Trench said:
This film sucked balls!

What a surprise! But thanks for confirming, at least those that still had some hope can save money. What they're doing to this franchise is really sad.

Oburi

All praise Grail
This film sucked balls!

Did it really! I'm seeing it this afternoon so I'll post what I think later tonight. I'm very excited about though.

What they're doing to this franchise is really sad.

Well I just don't know. I really wasn't a huge Alien fan, I mean liked the first three films but I never felt the urge to buy the dvd's. I already had Predator but as for Predator 2, I remember hating it. But honestly all this Alien VERSUS Predator stuff has reinvented my enthusiasm for both series. Now I have all the movies and comics. BUT I don't take the sequels seriously anymore, more like popcorn movies since they don't touch originals. If you watch them with that in mind, you can have fun with them, least I can. Alien 4 Resurrection still sucked though, that was just really hard to watch. It's like they already ruined the franchises long ago, so let's make the best of it.

Top Bottom