Abstraction Colors

Abstraction

Darkness is looking back at you
CnC said:
I'm glad to hear ya did some research :)

Oh yeah man... Every good Graphic Designer should know research is very important.

CnC said:
I think why it stands out as wierd to me is the colors seem to radiate from warm to cool within a very short distance. As for the clouds need some highlights and a bit more subtle gradation between the black and the white (if you are, indeed, intending to keep the black). You can see that in the photo you posted.

I made a couple little changes...

In all fareness, I never intended to make it look exactly like those examples I posted.

If you'll look at the way Miura drew the clouds.

Clouds_278.jpg

I think the small, (spaced out) dot hashing on the outside of the clouds was intended to be the outside edge, of the white part of the clouds, while the dark part is the shadows created by the sun. So I didn't want to go too far in or outside of his original artwork. Unless of course that's not what that is...lol.

I think you're right about the colors though. But with some sunsets I've seen, the change in hue can be very drastic at times. But I ended up taking your thoughtfull advice there, and cleaned that up a little bit. Along with Griffith's face. But I still have a problem getting the skin tones right. But hey practice makes perfect. :guts:

Top Bottom