Any Firefly Fans 'Round These Here Parts?

Just seen Serenity. The Whedonator's finest work to date, and the best science fiction film I've seen this year. A must-see for fans and newbies alike.

Also for anyone who might laugh at Buffy, it's actually quite good and you should give it a chance. (Hell, it went on for 7 seasons)

Season 6 was a fucking joke. A waste of 23 episodes (or however many there were).

I enjoyed Angel more. Season 4 of that show was really good, as was season 5. I mean who would have thought making Angel into a muppet (season 5) would have been soo entertaining?

Season five was Angel at it's best - brutal, moving, funny and 90% percent Connor-free.

Angel: "This may sound pretentious, but... one of you will betray me."
Spike: [raises his hand]
Angel: "Wesley."
Spike: "Aww. Can I deny you three times?"

Back on Serenity: River is god.
smiley69pf.gif

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Great movie. I'd heard of but never watched Firefly, so I was going into Serenity cold basically. I was really impressed. :serpico:

my buddy told me i should watch the 1 firefly so me and my girl watched the 1st episode and i wasnt at all into it... some lines were humorous... then my girl wanted to watch more, so we did... by the time i was on epi 4 or 5 i was totally hooked... i am now on epi 13 of 14 and wishing there was more to this... i cant wait to see the movie, probably will friday...

I guess even as a Universal movie, Serenity couldn't quite escape the Friday Night Sci-Fi Curse that befell it's TV predecessor and other genre shows on Fox. :judo:

The DVD will probably sell like gangbusters, though, hopefully enough to fund a few more adventures in the 'verse.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Wow, just saw the movie last night. It was increadible. It even creeped me out at times, and nothing in Berserk even makes me flinch. I haven't seen Firefly, except for a little bit of one episode, and I have to say the movie was much more interesting to me. I probably have to atch it all the way through though. Now I can actually name the last good Sci-fi movie I've seen.

Top Bottom