Berserk TV Series - Second season

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Achuwie, I wouldn't mind seeing Guts get pounded in the ass anime-style. Its worth it when you see Guts shoot Donovan in the mouth (eye?) and beat his ass down. (And yes, flashback = stupid, since its super cheap and corny)

dwarfkicker said:
Wasn't Guts encounter with the hawks all the way up till he got the dragon slayer a flashback? Are you saying that's corny and cheap?
_The kind of flashback you're suggesting_ (about the Skull Knight) would be totally stupid.
We never saw the guy before, but he saves the day and the main characters. He's at least as powerful as Zoddo.
And then, Guts has a flashback about him.
"Oh, you're _that_ guy! I met you last year, but it really didn't seem important at all back then! And you also saved Rickert? Cool!"
Stupid.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
If they make a new series and decide to have it linked to the first one,they'll have to use that flashback thing.Sure,the idea may sound kinda stupid but who knows,there are several ways to tell a story,I'm thinking somebody talented could probably tell that one appropriately.
But after all,who said the hypothetic 2nd series absolutely had to be linked to the first one??If that series ends up being a new TV series,well then it would probably make sense,but much less so in the event of a series of ovas.
Implementing Donovan and Skully would be much easier within an ova series than within a tv series though.Oh well...

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Heheheh. I'm picturing some sort of Clamp's 'X - The Destiny War' style flick, introducing and killing cool apostle after cool apostle with badass animation and a scrap of plot holding them together - all of which only the fans of the comics will particularly understand.

Forget trying to actually do the manga as an anime but I must admit I'd check in for an hour and a half of really expensive animation that was just Guts and his lil crew versus a couple of apostles.

Of course... any desire I have for some new badass animation will probably be completely satisfied by the cutscenes of that upcoming PS2 game.

Pyotr

It is my destiny to lead
I personally think that they should omit the first meeting with Skullknight (I know, I know, its heresy, but this is the only way, in my opinion).
When guts is rescued by Skullknight the second time, and SK mentions that it is the second time Guts has been on his horse (or was rescued by him or whatever it was he said), Guts could start wondering when the first time was, in which case, he either has a faint memory of being rescued at the eclipse OR SK tells him what happened with a very brief summary (SK would not talk about something in the past like that more than just a sentence or two, IMO)
Puck, on the other hand, would just have to come into the story some other way.

I know this all changes the manga, and that really sucks, but if they are going to make a 2nd season that follows the manga at all, I think they will have to do something that blends the flashback in with the story seamlessly and not just a:
"Hi, Im Guts, remember last time when the shit hit the fan, well after that a big scary skeleton saved Caska and me. Now Im hunting the bad guys"

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I actually do think, if a second series were made, the SkullKnight and Puck's omission wouldn't really be much of a problem.

I never liked puck's introduction in the manga. I thought that scene was much more fitting with the girl. The the manga, the girl and the old man give Guts passage through the forest. As shitty and contrived a plot device as it would be, Puck could easily be introduced as the girl's 'pet', hiding in her napsack or whatever like he hides in Guts'. He could just as easily be a specimen in captive Vargas' study.

Sure, it wouldn't fit the manga exactly, but it would work just as well as any other of the changes the anime made (in other words, not very well).

As for the SkullKnight, as the poster above said, his first encounter with Guts could simply be omitted, making him appear for the first time at the occultation.

Rickert's fate is pretty much left open ended, there's no reason a second season couldn't start off with him being saved.

That being said. I'm still very much against the production of another season of Berserk. The first season was good enough to get me, and many other people interested in the manga, and as far as I'm concerned, that's all it was good for (well, that and introducing me to that funky Japanese techno).

B

BloodyDead

the best way of doing it with it not being edited imo, would be putting it on showtime beyond..IF it were to be on tv that is...

I agree with you Wereallmad on what you said about Puck and Skullknight being introduce easily the way you said it. :)

People here are just making shitty excuses for not wanting a second season of Berserk. 5 years well soon 6 years have passed since the first season was made. I'm sure that production values will be higher plus adding the fact that Media Blasters also wants to co-produce a second season.

Oh I say yes to a second season. :p

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
manga/novel/comic book has ever been adapted for tv/movie/animation EXACTLY?

Naruto anime seems to be almost to a T with the manga.

As for second Berserk season, sure I'd like to see it. I understand that in 99.9999% likelihood that it would probably be a drop compared to the manga.

If it doesn't come out, awell, doesn't matter to me either, 'cause the manga is just so good IMO and it doesn't seem that Muira is stopping his work anytime soon.
Now if it concerned Muira continuing that would be another story which I would participate in encouraging him and his amnga vehemently.

So again, for a second season, if it comes I'd watch it. If it doesn't, no big loss.

Concerning the gap between the previous series. Look at Tenchi Muyo Ryo-ohki, based on the original OAV/story/concept from its original creator, who stopped around 1993-94. Yet as of this year they are continuing it, in much more up to date animation. Which would benefit a 2nd Berserk season. (The animation quality was the biggest gripe to those that've seen the first season IMO)
However even with all the advancement, Muira's detail in the manga is just so exquisite that any animation quality would probably fall short yet again.

Now the biggest reason is the funding, it all depends on whoever's willing to produce. TM was a sort of big hit in the US but it still took about a decade for some1 to agree to produce the next installment.

All I can say to a 2nd series is good luck.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
I would love to see a 2nd season of berserk, but i just hope they dont leave out a bunch of shit this time. Whats berserk with out skully and puck? I dont even think they can have a 2nd season without those 2 charecters this time.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
ZODDGUTS said:
I agree with you Wereallmad on what you said about Puck and Skullknight being introduce easily the way you said it. :)

People here are just making shitty excuses for not wanting a second season of Berserk. 5 years well soon 6 years have passed since the first season was made. I'm sure that production values will be higher plus adding the fact that Media Blasters also wants to co-produce a second season.

Oh I say yes to a second season. :p

Uh, that post wasn't suggesting that they SHOULD do a second season. It was suggesting that the omission of those characters was a moot point, and that a second season should not be attempted regardless.

I know what you wrote I said that I agree with you on how the characters Skully and Puck can be put in if there was a 2nd season that's it. The second part I wrote about the "shitty excuses" was my opinionalone and was not a continueation about me agreeing with you about what you wrote.

Can someone give me some official info saying that there isnt currently a second season in production.

Becuase this kid keeps brining this up saying there is already a second season in the works.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/archives/news/cons/2002/acen/industry.php

Lauralana

That's Hot
When i think of converting books/manga to anime/movies, i generally look at Lord of the Rings as an example. There is no way that the movies could every compare to the books in anyway. Books allow the author to go soo much more indepth in all his ideas and concepts that a 2hr movie can't. But yet the LOTR trilogy was amazing and i am still glad they made a movie out of it.

That may have made no sense but this is what i am trying to say: There is no way that a second season anime could be as good as the manga. But still, that does not mean that one should not be made. I am all for it, IF AND ONLY IF Muira puts his heart and soul into it and sees a need for it. I see a need for it b/c i loved the first season and was heartbroken by the ending. I feel that if the original author is not backing the production, then it won't be good.

I want a second season only if it does justice to the series. If it turns out to be something that is edited, chopped up, and ruined ( like how Funimation did DBZ) then i think the world would be better without it. I'll just buy the US versions of the manga.

something is not always better than nothing.

Me too would really want a second season... Basically Guts in his "Black Swordsman" is much more better than compare to his childhood, secondly it help the first anime to reduce the confusion caused by the ending...

Yes the first anime was good, but the ending really leaves some of the ppl pissed, just like my brother, he actually like the anime at first but eventually he hates it and swore he will never watch the manga (too bad he didnt even try :'()

If there was really a 2nd season, i would prefer it starting with Ricket that part and suddenly SK rescue him -a good way of introducing him-, before it switch back to Guts finding the Count (and like Weremall said Puck was briefly introduced), and from there it continue all the way until vol 22, with Guts leaving Godo place and Griffith first invasion on Kushan... Only that would prompt ppl more to find out more (compare to 1st anime) on wat happen after that...

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Smith said:
Me too would really want a second season... Basically Guts in his "Black Swordsman" is much more better than compare to his childhood, secondly it help the first anime to reduce the confusion caused by the ending...

Yes the first anime was good, but the ending really leaves some of the ppl pissed, just like my brother, he actually like the anime at first but eventually he hates it and swore he will never watch the manga (too bad he didnt even try :'()

If there was really a 2nd season, i would prefer it starting with Ricket that part and suddenly SK rescue him -a good way of introducing him-, before it switch back to Guts finding the Count (and like Weremall said Puck was briefly introduced), and from there it continue all the way until vol 22, with Guts leaving Godo place and Griffith first invasion on Kushan... Only that would prompt ppl more to find out more (compare to 1st anime) on wat happen after that...

I think they could do a pretty good job of incorporating the missing elements in a second Berserk series. Where Guts sees Caska being raped and is viciously fighting the demons, the second series could show Skullknight rescuing him, explaining thus why he survived that horrible occultation.

One thing that did sort of make me wonder...is there going to be a second series? The part where Rickert encounters the bugs and Roshina. Why would they show just such a brief glimpse of Roshina in the first anime like that....I mean why bother to show her at all if they're not going to somehow continue her storyline? Maybe in the anime series you're supposed to assume she is the 'leader' of those bugs and assume Rickert dies like the others?

And of course you never get to see Guts actually enacting his revenge on Griffith. The first anime series definitely left some loose ends.

Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
I think they could do a pretty good job of incorporating the missing elements in a second Berserk series. Where Guts sees Caska being raped and is viciously fighting the demons, the second series could show Skullknight rescuing him, explaining thus why he survived that horrible occultation.

One thing that did sort of make me wonder...is there going to be a second series? The part where Rickert encounters the bugs and Roshina. Why would they show just such a brief glimpse of Roshina in the first anime like that....I mean why bother to show her at all if they're not going to somehow continue her storyline? Maybe in the anime series you're supposed to assume she is the 'leader' of those bugs and assume Rickert dies like the others?

And of course you never get to see Guts actually enacting his revenge on Griffith. The first anime series definitely left some loose ends.

More like to show that Roshina will be one of Guts main enemies later on and about Rickert we know he survies in the manga why won't he in the 2nd anime series. Without him how will the people doing the 2nd season (assuming they do a 2nd season) explain how Guts got all those Gadgets bombs,fast cross arrow thingy etc.

N

Nasferatu Zodd

Look there probably isn't going to be a second season. If there is its probably gonna be either a spin off, or it's going to be almost an entirely different anime.

Top Bottom