Casca's memories

Shaughn

What can you tell me about Voodoo?
I still think that Casca reacts to Griffith before not out of love, but out of respect. While she was still sane, she made numerous references to how she was a solider before she was a woman.

Her reactions to Griffith/Gatts strike me as more evidence for this theory. She may very well love Gatts as much as she can love any man. Nevertheless, she still puts Griffith first. not out of love for Griffith in the romantic sense, but for her dedication and respect for him as a soldier.

~Shaughn

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
I still think that Casca reacts to Griffith before not out of love, but out of respect.  While she was still sane, she made numerous references to how she was a solider before she was a woman.

Her reactions to Griffith/Gatts strike me as more evidence for this theory.  She may very well love Gatts as much as she can love any man.
yep that might be alright but...
 Nevertheless, she still puts Griffith first.  not out of love for Griffith in the romantic sense, but for her dedication and respect for him as a soldier.
...griffith lost caskas first place a long time ago!
Besides feelings like respect or dedication can never ever overcome true feelings of love!

Shaughn

What can you tell me about Voodoo?
Besides feelings like respect or dedication can never ever overcome true feelings of love!

Aaah, I would agree with you, but you have to remember... a soldier WILL put loyalty before love, and Casca has made it clear that she's a warrior before she's a woman. If she had to choose between saving the leader of the Hawks and saving a love, she'll always pick the Hawks.

She puts duty before her heart, which is part of what makes her a good soldier.

~Shaughn

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
Aaah, I would agree with you, but you have to remember... a soldier WILL put loyalty before love, and Casca has made it clear that she's a warrior before she's a woman.  If she had to choose between saving the leader of the Hawks and saving a love, she'll always pick the Hawks.

She puts duty before her heart, which is part of what makes her a good soldier.

~Shaughn
yep...no doubt, i totally agree!
however i was refering to her decision between griffith and guts.

yet, job and love did never really fit together...
if u got love and job in common u gotta get rid of one of them cause if it comes to decisions, everytime u ll be unfair to one of them...
if we regard caska in this connection i think she can t really just turn her luv towards guts off like turning the lights out...
but i guess she d always try to get both, the hawks and her true love in common....
if now there ever d be a desicion for her to make between them she d be really desperate and eventually can t choose right.
she might than choose the hawks because of certain reasons u mentioned but she really suffer then loosing guts...

Top Bottom