Chances of 2nd TV anime?

Vandal

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Er....i know this sounds quite dumb but do you think if we write mail to the offcial website of berserk asking for a continuation of the berserk TV anime,i mean...what do you think are the chances?

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Er....i know this sounds quite dumb but do you think if we write mail to the offcial website of berserk asking for a continuation of the berserk TV anime,i mean...what do you think are the chances?
well, to be honest: i don't think that's gonna help. :)

I'd say... zero?

First of all, there is no official Berserk website. Not any more, anyway.

Then, the TV series did well enough when you think about its timeslot, and probably turned a not-that-well-known manga into a best seller, but it wasn't well-received by a lot of readers and it doesn't look like Miura really wanted it to be made in the first place.

Why would they make a new TV series, anyway?

It would be difficult.
There's a lot of action in the Danzai Hen and that would shorten the overall length of an anime adaptation.
Also, there's a lot of gore/sex in plot-wise important scenes (especially in the Seitansai no Shô) and the first series was already borderline ('noticed how they never actually showed any severed body parts, just blood?).
More importantly, several major characters weren't introduced in the first series (how do you explain that Guts and Casca survived the Occultation? by introducing the Skull Knight _now_? 'talk about bad storytelling...).

It would be kind of useless.
The first series was a hit mostly because a lot of people didn't know about the manga. Now, they do.

It would be expensive.
You'd have to satisfy the manga readers, especially now that there's a lot more of them. That means better quality. That means more money. For a series I wouldn't call "mainstream anime".
Also, it would probably end with Griffith's incarnation, IE _yet another_ cliffhanger, and following the same logic, they would have to make a _third_ series (and there isn't enough material for that yet).
The only way to get past this problem would be to write original stories. And...

... it would be awful.

Movies or OVAs _could_ be another way...
But is another anime adaptation really necessary anyway? Anime isn't "better" than manga. They're two different media, and Berserk was created for the later, so...

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
The only way to get past this problem would be to write original stories. And...

... it would be awful.
how many seris did that?

Movies or OVAs _could_ be another way...
But is another anime adaptation really necessary anyway?

If Miura wanted to get more fans he could make a movie, about what though?

how many seris did that?
A lot. These days, TV series are shorter, so the problem is kinda solved, but in the 80s, for example...
If Miura wanted to get more fans he could make a movie
But like I said, it looks like he wasn't that thrilled by the TV series project in the first place, even when his manga wasn't really well-known (and deserved to be), so...

The_Stick

"Shoot for the moon. That way, if you miss it
Also, it would probably end with Griffith's incarnation, IE _yet another_ cliffhanger, and following the same logic, they would have to make a _third_ series (and there isn't enough material for that yet).

Well, it always is possible for the Berserk manga to become extremely popular and "strike rich" to make a second anime that would combine both Danzai and Millenium Falcon into one long arc probably spinning out 50 eps or more.....or less.
::)

Well, it always is possible for the Berserk manga to become extremely popular and "strike rich"
It already did. I don't think it can become a lot more successful as a seinen manga...
to make a second anime that would combine both Danzai and Millenium Falcon into one long arc probably spinning out 50 eps or more.....or less.
That would probably be in 4 or 5 years from now, then... ^^;

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
*ponders* Unfortunately I doubt they will care...

I remember when we had out big petition a couple of years back... our goal was just to try to convince the japanese LD companies to re-release Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 on LD again, since they had been pressed in so small numbers in japan, and where not available in uncut versions in the west. We got together over 40 000 people who had pledged to buy the discs when they were released...

But nothing happened *grins*

So... chances are slim I think...

Top Bottom