Cheapest AOW statue ever...

[sarcasm]This has got to be the cheapest Art of War statue EVER![/sarcasm]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1345&item=5983369786&rd=1

conan

Until next time...
I actually have that statue...

paid $21.oo dlvd for it and it's a great desk top piece...

don't want your spendy statues on your desk...
Afraid they'll break?

This is the one for you...

I replaced the sword with one of the action figure swords and touched up the paint application, making him "bloody"-

not bad if you aren't afraid of some work ;)

Caldus said:
[sarcasm]This has got to be the cheapest Art of War statue EVER![/sarcasm]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1345&item=5983369786&rd=1

Haha, well that actually isn't an Art Of War statue at all. It's a knock off of a really nice and rare garage kit, by Field. There are a TON of thai recasts on ebay of that exact same figure (unassembled and unpainted of course), however thai recasts are notorious for their horrible resin quality. However, the original one is quite nice =)

Here are some various paint jobs on original ones:

sideangle.jpg

front.jpg

and

gutsfield1.jpg

gutsfield2.jpg

I myself, have the knock off that you posted about (I got it mainly to hold me off until I find an original which I wasn't sure if I ever could), but then fortunately a few months back I won one of the originals on YJ. I have not gotten John to paint mine up yet, but I think it should turn out to be a really nice piece. =)

DirectDK said:
Haha, well that actually isn't an Art Of War statue at all.
*laughs* Well, I was being facetious. I kinda figured it wasn't an AOW statue when I noticed that the quality was well under par with the rest of their statues, and that I couldn't find any reference to it on the AOW website. I just thought it was funny that the person that is auctioning that statue is telling people that it IS an Art Of War statue, when it actually is not.

Caldus said:
I just thought it was funny that the person that is auctioning that statue is telling people that it IS an Art Of War statue, when it actually is not.

Ohhh shit, I didn't even notice that the seller was advertising it as an AOW statue. What a sneaky bastard! Well... I think most people would know not to believe that it's a real one. People SHOULD be smart enough =P.

DirectDK said:
Ohhh shit, I didn't even notice that the seller was advertising it as an AOW statue.  What a sneaky bastard!  Well... I think most people would know not to believe that it's a real one.  People SHOULD be smart enough =P.
I guess I wasn't successful in emphasising the "Art of War" in my sarcasm note. *sighs* I tried! Honest! ;) ;D

I like the non-bloody one much better in this case...maybe it's just the quality of the photos though. Looks like an excellent sculpt.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
DirectDK said:
Ohhh shit, I didn't even notice that the seller was advertising it as an AOW statue. What a sneaky bastard! Well... I think most people would know not to believe that it's a real one. People SHOULD be smart enough =P.
We can only hope they're smart enough. So many people get taken in by things far more noticable. :-\

Headless Death said:
We can only hope they're smart enough.  So many people get taken in by things far more noticable. :-\
Like going to the French Quarter in New Orleans KNOWING that there are shysters out there to con you out of your money... and you still get conned. ::) *laughs*

Top Bottom