DAVIS, YOU’RE TERMINATED!

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Griffith said:
Oltobaz, you want to throw a fucking feel good convention; hold hands, listen to records of Yoko Ono screaming, smoke crack, hug a rainbow, and push your viewpoints on others, make your own thread about it.

-Griffith

Sounds good,maybe I'll do that...

H

Herald of Galactor

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the California legislature still controlled by the Democrats? How is Governor Schwarzenager(sic) going to make any of his proposed changes when the legislature is opposed to him?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Herald of Galactor said:
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the California legislature still controlled by the Democrats? How is Governor Schwarzenager(sic) going to make any of his proposed changes when the legislature is opposed to him?

Well, you have to actually know something about government besides “ARNOLD SUX D00D!” to bring up that point. Thus, it hasn’t occurred to many that Arnold is going to have to work with a Democratic (as in, the party =) legislature.

-Griffith

M

medievald00d

Griffith said:
Well, you have to actually know something about government besides “ARNOLD SUX D00D!” to bring up that point. Thus, it hasn’t occurred to many that Arnold is going to have to work with a Democratic (as in, the party =) legislature.

-Griffith

Arnold is democratic in every way but the title. He has liberal views, and the only reason why he probably didnt go democrats is because he probably wouldnt have been supported by them. If you notice, one of the first things he claimed on his campaign was that he had liberal democratic ideals. I doubt theres gonna be too much friction between the legislation and Arnold.

Xans-Griffith

Everything changes.
Well, he's been dealing with one for some 20 odd years:

Maria and I deal with our political differences simply; We agree to disagree, but the truth is we're not so far apart on many issues, and you have to remember that when you love someone, you love the whole person, so even when you disagree, you can always work to find a common ground on which to communicate.

And on those days when Maria and I can't find a common ground, I think about how much I love her and try to remember... "Nobody's perfect." ;-)

Aww.. he'll get along just fine with those Democrat legislators. :)

Seriously though, he seems to have the charisma and leadership skills to steer them in a bipartisan direction. And he'll be forced to work together with the legislature to find a common ground. I don't think the Democrats would grudgingly oppose every one of his initiatives. It'd be extremely counterproductive and one of them will eventually have to give. And if the silly politicians decide to play their silly little games.. Arny'll kill em.

Top Bottom