Devil Kings (capcom)

saw this game the other day looked interesting. Im a big fan of japanese culture, what with the samurai and ninja thing and all :p.... but i was curious is this game worth buying? anyone play it yet?

I know its suppose to be just like dynasty warriors really but kinda more arcadish style i think. Let me know what you guys think i might pick this one up.

Darkadien Zurel said:
saw this game the other day looked interesting.  Im a big fan of japanese culture, what with the samurai and ninja thing and all :p.... but i was curious is this game worth buying? anyone play it yet?

I know its suppose to be just like dynasty warriors really but kinda more arcadish style i think.  Let me know what you guys think i might pick this one up.

How could a game be more arcadish than DW?

well they said its not so tied to the japanese history like the DW series is to chinese history and all.

Gamespot said "Actually, it pretty much is Dynasty Warriors, if Dynasty Warriors decided to abandon its ancient Chinese roots and go all crazy fantasy-action on everybody."

so take that as what you will hehe, im going after work to pick up Shadow of the Colossus, so while im there i might pick this one up too.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Darkadien Zurel said:
so take that as what you will hehe, im going after work to pick up Shadow of the Colossus, so while im there i might pick this one up too.

CALL FIRST!!! I went across town yesterday thinking it was already in stores and low and behold, nothing. Apparently the places it would be stocked aren't getting it till Thursday (there are some exceptions that said it COULD be on shelves today).
That was a complete waste of gas money, on my part.

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
Do yourself a favor. Rent Devil Kings, and buy Shadow of the Colossus. Devil Kings isn't horrible, but it's not worth $50 or even $40 bucks. Person opinion, of course. Very similar to Dynasty Warrios but with horrible dubbing, and an awkward cast of characters. Several based on Zodiac signs or other random things. The CG cinema's are funny at times, even though some aren't suppose to be. :guts: Devil Kings is not horrible beyond belief, again, but do yourself a favor and put that $40-$50 on one of several other games out or about to come out that are a helluva lot better.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I heard that the Japanese voices were really good, except for a character who spoke English...

"Get your guns on!"

That game is very tempting, but I don't have a PS2 to play it on right now (I left it at home going to college). I'd say, instead of buying wither Devil Kings or even Dynasty Warriors, mod your PS2 and get Drakengard 2.

it was only 40 bucks so i went ahead and bought it with shadows of the colossus. Both games are good, shadows of the colossus is more impressive on its visual scale and the fact that its you this little flee vs the colossi. interesting boss battles :p hehe

As for Devil kings its nifty kinda like a devil may cry/Dynasty warriors kinda thing, pretty fun... but its basically dynasty warriors Capcom style, only thing im disapointed in today is i cant find my Onimusha 3 :( opened the case and no CD /sob...

Let the search begin.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
One of the characters, Scorpio, can actually get twin Sparda swords, while the blue dragon guy can get Alastor, the DMC1 electric sword. Also, I think Lady butterfly can get Ebony and Ivory, but don't quote me on that.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Vaxillus said:
Also, I think Lady butterfly can get Ebony and Ivory, but don't quote me on that.

HAH! :troll:

I can't wait to get shadow of the colossus, myself. Its supposed to arrive tomorrow...

looks to be in the area of meh to next please. it's DW in japan oh yeah that was already done with Samuria warriors. also alot of the fans of the japanese version are pretty mad becuase devil kings in quite heavly changed from the original ie names, stage and charecter's and what not but I think the creator of Devil Kings said the they made one version for japan and one version for the US (devil kings) and took some charecters and stages out so they could make an expsansion disc.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
WHAAT?! It features no actual Devil Kings?! :SK: I wanted to be able to play as Barney, arguably the most hideous Devil King ever to walk the Earth. Or at least some rendition of Cthulhu.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
That's exactly what I'm getting at. Nobunaga has been demonized by J-Pop for too long now. Why they made him into Hideyoshi's scapegoat is totally beyond me. Unless its just a bunch of guys that failed history class making all the manga, anime, and video games over in Japan. :chomp:

the time period and war's nobunaga was involved in that and him using guns made it a big part of history. But yes he is portrayed as a demon and villan always. Actually almost any game that comes to americal lately thats got a japanese story line losely based on history and such is going to have nobunaga in it.

hes just a good bad guy i guess :D

also in japanese history i believe he was nicknamed the demon.

I like Nobunaga Oda, he's a very interesting person although in anime, games and the like he's always portrayed as some evil mad man or something like that, most likey because he brought ownage with this "Evil weapons from the west" or Guns.

Top Bottom