his human form was ok,

but after a minute or two he sounded like he was eating,

"you cant, munch munch,

escape munch your fa- munch -te!!!!!"

i really like all the rest though  ;D

- c

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Yes, I think the charecter english voices fit them very well, even considering that I saw the anime first. But yea, I hated Zodd's apostle voice, especially that line when he said

"YOU CANNOT ESCAPE YOUURRR FAAAATTTEEEE!!!"

It sounded kinda corny to me. I also HATED with a passion conrads voice. That must have been one of the stupidest anime voices (cool animes, not dbz or pokemon) that I have ever heard of. I just wanted to fast forward it to the part when hes done talking.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Personally, I think the dub for Berserk was superb. Having listened to my fair share of cruddy english VAs, I can tell you that the Berserk VAs are a step above. They actually seemed to enjoy the dubbing of the series unlike most animes. If you don't believe me, check out the outtakes. Of course, some VAs always sound a bit awkward. In the case of Berserk, Rickert's voice just irked me. Way too whiny. As for Zodd, didn't hear enough of his voice to really sway my opinion one way or another.

I thought Guts' voice sounded fuckin awsome when he screamed. Especially "GRIFFITH!!!" I thought he sounded horrible on the DC game. (And don't even get me started with the actor they picked for Puck's voice.) Griffith's voice fit him perfectly. but yeah sometimes they overdid it with the effects on the demon's voices..

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
I think the dub is outstanding. The voices all have so much character and personality.. it really makes you grow attatched to the characters. My personal favorites are Griffith and Jeudo.. their voices were absolutly perfect.

luciferhawk

Better To Reign In Hell, Than To Serve In Heaven!
Macrosso said:
i think the dub is awesome i really love gutts voice its really good. i like jap berserk voice sometimes though sounds like a kid and remembers me alot about basara from Macross 7 since he did both i believe.all the others are great to and yeah Zodd voice its ok little annoying with the growling with it.

I think the dubbed version is a lot more better than the Japanese sub version. I don't speak a bit of Japanese and I know most people on this forum doesn't either.

The english voice actors on Berserk did a wonderful job and they had a lot of fun doing it (Just watch the blooper takes and you'll see).

aufond said:
I thought Guts' voice sounded fuckin awsome when he screamed.  Especially "GRIFFITH!!!"  I thought he sounded horrible on the DC game. 

I have no idea what you're talking about, the Japanese Guts dub could do a way better angry "GRIFFITHS!" than the English dub Guts (among other things).

It makes me laugh somtimes at how with almost every anime the fans hate the dub. Granted that quite a few are shit but even the good ones are dismissed as crap.

Anyway i loved this paticular dub, just rickett and corkus that bothered me a bit. And the use of traditional english didnt bug me, in fact im gald they used it because its in a medievil setting, phrases like "ready the next volley" and "I will bear you no ill will" are more apropriate.

i prefered the english guts because to me the jap one sounds a bity too nazal.

Top Bottom