Dreamcast Question

Because the almighty dollar is fucking strong in Japan I will be purchasing a Sega Dreamcast and I was wondering if it would work with American games via a boot disc.

It should work with a Gameshark or DC-X disk. Utopia boot disks made on CD-Rs are hit and miss. My DC was manufactured in August 2000 but it apparently has CD-R protection. I don't blame Sega for this it's just something you should know. If you're fond of the pink Sakura Taisen DC try not to get it because I've read that it's really is picky about non-GD-ROM disks. And in case you haven't noticed I love the DC! It is a shame casual American gamers never gave it a chance. Alas, I will have fun playing Shenmue 2 and Headhunter soon.

CnC

Ad Oculos
i've ordered a powercable (since i lost it) and am getting back into my DC.
...i have no clue when mine was made... but i did buy it around the end of 2000 (y'know, a mere month before it was announced sega was dumping it and it plumeted in price ::) )
but i have no clue when it was manufactured.. i'm hoping it will boot my cd-r's
...heres to hoping

Churn

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Here is a site it has the supported and non supported DC's it is pretty much all luck if you get one that does or doesnt. I picked mine up after the price drop and according to this site it should run CDR's it does run burned music but i havent tried anything else yet due to not having my burner yet :p anyway check out the site if you want to be sure http://www.dcemulation.com/article-supported.htm

EDIT: Oh yeah check the botom of your DC for all the info and stuff

CnC

Ad Oculos
wow... my DC isn't on either list...
its got letters UD.. number 1 in the circle... made in Japan and is HKT-3020

i dunno if this is a bad sign or a good sign...
but i guess all will be revealed once those bastards get off their lazy asses and send me that cable!!!

Top Bottom