[FS]: Berserk PS2 game brand new sealed (and much more!)

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Hey fellas! I'm sellin some Berserk stuff to help cover a friend's vet bills, and one of them I'm not sure how to price cause I don't see anyone else selling one: A brand new copy of the Berserk PS2 game, still in the factory wrapper. All the copies I see on Ebay and YJA are unwrapped with photos of the inside and the game disc. Is this actually a rare thing to have, or is a wrapped game just not a premium item?

I've got a Branded Box to put up as well, but the game in that one has been played a ton. I'm thinking about doing that one as a package deal with a japanese PS2 - or would that be better to bundle with the new game?

Then I've got a bunch of the old AOW action figures, all with missing or broken stuff. Hawks Griffith, Hawks Guts, Mercenary Guts, Caska and Judaeu, if anybody is interested. Griff & Caska's swords are missing.

Then I've got that cute Gacha set with Slan and Void etc, which I'm breaking up cause I want to keep Conrad, Ubik and beast Zodd.

I'll probably put em up on Ebay after y'all get a crack at it.

Cheers!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Lith!

Hmm, good question. I don't use eBay so I can't speak for that, but I do however check Japanese websites regularly. An opened copy of the PS2 game will usually run for $20 to $35 in Japan. Unopened copies are obviously much more expensive, especially in today's market where people have become crazy about collecting games. Currently, there's only one shrink-wrapped copy for sale that I can find and it's priced at around $200. Seems to have been put online a while back and still hasn't sold, though.

Given that the game was only released in Japan, selling it in the US on eBay should command a premium. Especially since there must not be many in existence that are still unopened. So I'd say you could aim at $200-$300 easy. You could always try higher of course, but I'm not sure there are many people who are both big enough Berserk fans and big enough game collectors to fork that sort of money.

For the Branded Box, that's too bad because if that one had still been wrapped, it'd have been worth more (and they aren't interchangeable). But if it's in good condition and if the figure is still unopened, I think you should also be able to sell it for $250-$350 on Ebay. I see some crazy prices for it on there ($600, $800...) but I don't know if these get sold at all. They definitely feel unreasonable to me so I'm guessing they don't.

Bundling the Branded Box with a Japanese PS2 makes sense on its face and could bump up the price, but I'm not sure by how much. What you need to consider however is that the buyer may just want it for collecting purposes. That's also why it makes no sense to bundle the PS2 with the shrink-wrapped game: whoever buys it will most likely not be opening it up.

For damaged action figures and other trinkets, I'd say they probably aren't worth much, but that might vary on a case by case basis.

heres what im curious about
how come people really believe these people that they were unsealed
they coulda just made another seal simple as that to boost the price
the wholle collection thing in my opinion is far too overblow, same as kentaro miura's signature being sold at ebay for thousands upon thousands of dollars as if his art isnt also something he personally partook in...no...somehow him writing his own name holds more value? how? explain this to me, i dont get it

Lithrael

Hi Aaz!

Makes sense. It looks like everyone else selling the game related stuff is in Japan, so at least I can get a premium out of being able to ship local in USA. Guess I'll do a console bundle separate and just cross-promote it.

Yeah the figures are non-premium in this shape! But someone will enjoy them, and I'll make a couple bucks. SK and Femto will stay on my shelf :rakshas:

Nobody sells the gatcha individually tho so who knows how they'll do. Mystery!!

Lithrael

heres what im curious about
how come people really believe these people that they were unsealed
they coulda just made another seal simple as that to boost the price
the wholle collection thing in my opinion is far too overblow, same as kentaro miura's signature being sold at ebay for thousands upon thousands of dollars as if his art isnt also something he personally partook in...no...somehow him writing his own name holds more value? how? explain this to me, i dont get it
Yeah, the collectibles market is its own thing. A buyer would just have to take my word for it, the best they could do would be to examine it and show there was zero wear or fingerprints etc on the case under the factory wrap.

As far as autographs, yeah, people collect those things for their own sake. At the end of the day all value is just what people in a particular community feel is a fair exchange, just like all words are just what noises everyone in a community agreed meant something. Sometimes it makes more sense, other times less.

TheItCrOw

Knight without Title
his art isnt also something he personally partook in...no...somehow him writing his own name holds more value? how? explain this to me, i dont get it
Berserk is something anyone can buy, its mass fabricated and its personality is, in general, equally distributed to anyone who has 15 dollars and buys one volume.

An Autograph, especially with a dedication, is something that he wrote specifically to you. This autograph exists exactly once in the world. It is way more personal to the receiver. There are of course also printed autographs, but I'm talking about hand-signed.

I believe the SK community wrote a letter to Mister Miura himself in 2009, which "only" a personal assistant of him the editor in charge of Berserk responded to (answers were provided by Miura I believe) and I'd still bet that this letter is one of the most precious items @Walter owns (for himself).

Last edited:

Lithrael

Ah, dang!! I went to spin up the game for some screen shots, and turns out both of my Playstations' DVD lasers are shot. They'll play CDs and PS1 games but none of my PS2 games (besides the blue ones) or DVDs will play. Cleaned em, did the troubleshooting... I even tried the potentiometer trick, no luck. Deadsville. I might try replacing the laser units but apparantly the replacements are also all old and people regularly have to buy five to get one that works.

Bummer!!

Top Bottom