Guts' Armor

well i dont think that the armor make Guts more powerful. It only force him to fight like a beast until he dies.
Now we saw a few episodes with Guts and his armor, we can say that he's not more powerful... in 228 when he cut in half apostles isnt something he couldnt do before (when he's not wounded i mean). Also he's fighting like an animal, dont even dodge ennemies attacks and seems to not be able to use his brain in battles. He can use his cannon, but cant throw his knives or use his small bombs anymore. It's basically jumping and slashing.
Maybe it's because of the wounds, but i dont think that Guts in good shape would have been easily beaten by Grunbeld...
Armor is cool and a nice addition, but i still want my smart-battling Guts back! ;)

I think the real power of Berserk´s armor is the freedom for battle without the limits of the brain. When Guts is defeating Grunbeld, we can see that he uses the Dragon Slayer speeder and stronger than before. Unfortunatelly, his body is hurting anymore too, like his arm when he got Grunbeld´s sholder.

yeah he can use more strength with the armor, but i think that doesnt mean he's stronger. As i said, there's no battle strategies of any kind, and it's basically jumping like a beast and slash as much as possible. I think it's a great part of the story, but still i think the way Guts' fighting without armor was better.

Scarred

I am the apostle of Samson. FEAR ME!
According to the manga, the armor has at least these powers:

1. Guts' pain does not hurt anymore.
2. Needles inside hold his bones together, so his body is unbreakable overall (like Wolverine from X-men), although the actual flesh will be trashed.
3. It phases out the mind's control over the body. The user regresses to his animal instincts. Guts has a serious bloodlust, so he flips out and kills everything.

The berserker armor is pretty much perfect for fighting Grunbeld. He fights with smashing, but every time Gut's gets smashed, he comes back together. I'm pretty sure he broke all of Guts' ribs, TWICE, and Guts just got back up.

i dunno when schierke brought guts conscious back, he still had a great ability over his fighting, just look at episode 229. he threw his sword to kill two apostles and caught it only to kill a third just after. It seems he may have more control over this new power with his awareness than with the beast.

Top Bottom