Hello everyone

@Aazealh I don’t know if you understand Chinese. This is the berserk fan I mentioned in the email who quit the forum. He and his team have a lot of information related to berserk and Miura.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
@Aazealh I don’t know if you understand Chinese. This is the berserk fan I mentioned in the email who quit the forum. He and his team have a lot of information related to berserk and Miura.

Sorry, I don't speak Mandarin at all unfortunately, other than to say "hi", "thank you" and "I love you" (the essentials :iva:). We do have forum members who speak it however.

Sorry, I am correcting a mistake. One of his videos is not posted on YouTube and can only be seen on the bilibili website. (I'm not sure if you can log in to the bilibili website, but I personally don't recommend that you do so. We have too many Internet trolls in China, and there are many who are extremely hateful to you Westerners, and their bad behavior can exceed your imagination). The title is Berserk re-serialization, the real purpose of Hakusensha, whether Mori and Studio Gaga are up to the task. After the release of this video, he received a lot of online attacks, and finally he left tieba (which can be understood as the Chinese version of Reddit), but it turns out that he was right, and I can personally speak about the important details in the video.

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I can personally speak about the important details in the video.

Sure, if you want. It's always interesting to get a glimpse into other communities. That being said, we are quite knowledgeable about this whole topic ourselves, as you can imagine.

Sure, if you want. It's always interesting to get a glimpse into other communities. That being said, we are quite knowledgeable about this whole topic ourselves, as you can imagine.
When hakusensha announces that he will reserialize berserk, remember that he is not doing it for berserk fans, but just to make money and squeeze out the last bit of value from berserk. At the same time, it also forcibly stopped serializing another Miura legacy, Duranki, because Hakusensha was unwilling to spend time cultivating this work. And Duranki was what Miura most wanted studio gaga's assistants to do during his lifetime. Duranki was a work that Miura himself specially prepared for them to improve their abilities and experience. It is easier to continue writing, and the original outline setting is more detailed. Duranki can be infinitely extended through studio gaga story.Because Miura has not established a clear main line for Duranki, it can continue as a road drama or historical drama, and there is basically no possibility of being criticized. If you are lucky, you can get good reputation and sales.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
At the same time, it also forcibly stopped serializing another Miura legacy, Duranki, because Hakusensha was unwilling to spend time cultivating this work. And Duranki was what Miura most wanted studio gaga's assistants to do during his lifetime. Duranki was a work that Miura himself specially prepared for them to improve their abilities and experience. It is easier to continue writing, and the original outline setting is more detailed. Duranki can be infinitely extended through studio gaga story. Because Miura has not established a clear main line for Duranki, it can continue as a road drama or historical drama, and there is basically no possibility of being criticized. If you are lucky, you can get good reputation and sales.

That's a mischaracterization of what happened with Dur-An-Ki. It wasn't just created by Kentarou Miura, he did the writing and storyboarding for each episode. What his assistants did was the "inking" part, meaning the final drawing you see on the page, only... Miura also touched it up after they were done. So saying it could have continued fine without him is simply false. It just shows a lack of care for Dur-An-Ki.

With Berserk, the Continuation was deemed possible because Mori said he knew how the story was supposed to end. But Dur-An-Ki was only just beginning, and as such the characters weren't even fully established yet. Not just that, but we know that Miura intended for Usumgallu to eventually participate in the Trojan War, facing off against mythological Greek heroes and gods. That implies a change of settings, a time jump, many new characters... It's definitely not something that could have been done with ease after he passed away.

That aside, I find it an oversimplification to blame Hakusensha for everything. They're a corporation and their objective is to make money, that's a given. But Mori and the assistants weren't coerced into participating. According to Mori, it's the assistants who asked him to let them continue Berserk, and he was happy to oblige. They're the ones producing the Continuation, and it's Mori who said he would guarantee its faithfulness. As far as I'm concerned, they fully share the blame.

That's a mischaracterization of what happened with Dur-An-Ki. It wasn't just created by Kentarou Miura, he did the writing and storyboarding for each episode. What his assistants did was the "inking" part, meaning the final drawing you see on the page, only... Miura also touched it up after they were done. So saying it could have continued fine without him is simply false. It just shows a lack of care for Dur-An-Ki.
Like I said before, these are the views of the Chinese fan in a video he didn't post to YouTube (I haven't finished posting yet). And he knows very well what Hakusensha is like.

That aside, I find it an oversimplification to blame Hakusensha for everything. They're a corporation and their objective is to make money, that's a given. But Mori and the assistants weren't coerced into participating. According to Mori, it's the assistants who asked him to let them continue Berserk, and he was happy to oblige. They're the ones producing the Continuation, and it's Mori who said he would guarantee its faithfulness. As far as I'm concerned, they fully share the blame.
Let me first introduce the situation in China. Conservative fans here disapprove or dislike Mori and Studio Gaga's approach to the sequel. But for Hakusensha, none of us hate him. Miura hoped to expand Berserk's influence during his lifetime, but instead of adopting Miura's opinions, they continued to drag him down. In this way, Hakusensha missed the best opportunity. If berserk does not serialize YA, but operates it as a magazine and jump-start marketing and promotion model, sales will be better. Hakusensha owes Miura a lot. Without Miura, Hakusensha would be a waste. As for Mori and Studio Gaga, they are not only puppets of Hakusensha, but also scapegoats.

Although I am also a conservative fan of berserk, I have not been watching it as long as them. I have been watching berserk since 19 years. I witnessed the last few chapters of berserk, Miura's death, and the complete division of the fandom when it was reserialized. In 2022-23, those conservative fans and I thought we were fighting alone, until I met all of you here at skullknight.net. To be honest, I really feel powerless during this period. I envy you people for having a fan website that has been operating for at least 24 years, but we don’t. berserk is a niche work in China, and The most popular Japanese comics in China are: Attack on Titan, Demon Slayer, Sword Art Online and other commercial comics. (Not many people here care about works of high artistic value)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Miura hoped to expand Berserk's influence during his lifetime, but instead of adopting Miura's opinions, they continued to drag him down. In this way, Hakusensha missed the best opportunity. If berserk does not serialize YA, but operates it as a magazine and jump-start marketing and promotion model, sales will be better. Hakusensha owes Miura a lot. Without Miura, Hakusensha would be a waste. As for Mori and Studio Gaga, they are not only puppets of Hakusensha, but also scapegoats.

Maybe something's lost in translation here but this sounds like uninformed nonsense to me.

In 2022-23, those conservative fans and I thought we were fighting alone, until I met all of you here at skullknight.net. To be honest, I really feel powerless during this period. I envy you people for having a fan website that has been operating for at least 24 years, but we don’t.

I sympathize with you, although there's not much to be done. We just look at the continuation objectively, sifting through to see if there's anything of worth among the chaff.

Maybe something's lost in translation here but this sounds like uninformed nonsense to me.
This is very strange. You think the main responsibility lies with Mori and Studio Gaga, but we think the main responsibility lies with Hakusensha. But no matter what, I respect your decision.

I sympathize with you, although there's not much to be done. We just look at the continuation objectively, sifting through to see if there's anything of worth among the chaff.
Another thing, berserk is actually a banned comic here. Because of the sexual and violent elements in it, berserk animation resources and comic resources are difficult to find. You can’t see berserk animations on major video platforms. Even if you can, those violent and bloody clips and sexual clips have either been deleted. Or it will be mosaic. (If you want to find resources, you have to find your own way. In order to read berserk comics, I can only connect to a VPN and use Google Chrome) What’s even more ridiculous is that if the Chinese translation of Japanese comics in China also involves violence or nudity, it will also Prohibited. This is China’s very ridiculous review system.

Another key point of China’s censorship system is that no matter whether it is an author or a work, as long as there is a plot that is very unfavorable to China (or rather, the CCP), the work or author will be completely blocked. For example: My Hero Academia and Fullmetal Alchemist author Hiromu Arakawa. They said that My Hero Academia was banned because they were suspected of whitewashing Japan’s Unit 731 in World War II (I personally wonder if this is really the case), and Hiromu Arakawa. The reason why the CCP banned her was because she insulted Mao Zedong.

Last edited:
Aaz,The person you should sympathize with the most is not me, but those Berserk fans who are older than me. In fact, they feel more uncomfortable than me. Seeing their beloved works being tarnished is equivalent to their most cherished treasure being tarnished.

Last edited:
Don’t use TikTok. That stuff has poisoned the minds of many young people, and some young people in Taiwan have also fallen victim to it.
Because most short videos distort facts, take them out of context, are meaningless, and confuse right and wrong.

Except that pretty much everyone here aren't "young people", pretty sure we know our right from wrong, were not toddlers.:sweatdrop:
That's great, that proves that your ability to think independently has not been affected by the weapons produced by the CCP.(Because I have seen that many young people are affected by this thing, especially some young people in my country and Taiwan. I originally thought that someone on your website was affected, but it turns out that no one was affected.)

I personally refuse to use FM Radio, I don't trust these newfangled technologies.
It’s great that you haven’t been affected by TikTok. Anyway, my parents were affected and said I didn't keep up with the times. (I know exactly what tiktok is like)
PS:There are many netizens on TikTok who insult berserk. If you have one such situation in the West, we can have ten or a hundred here.

Last edited:
I don’t know if there are any WH 40K fans among you who like Berserk. If there is any, can you tell me what they think of Berserk’s latest serial?
In China, as far as I know WH 40K fans, none of them were optimistic about the re-serialization announcement in 2022. In their hearts, they only recognize Miura's Berserk. Without Miura's Berserk, it is not real Berserk. Even a friend of mine who is a fan of WH 40K has only read a few chapters of Berserk, and he also said that he only recognizes Miura's Berserk. Moreover, they have also helped fans who truly love Berserk speak out and angrily criticize those trolls who are helping others. As far as Berserk is concerned, I am very grateful to them.

I should add something. In addition to sharing some views of Chinese berserk fans, I may also talk about the crimes committed by the CCP and the few good people and good deeds in China (I will use Google Translate to translate these into English, try my best to let you all understand).

@Aazealh @Walter
After Miura's death, I once imagined a scene: Guts, who is no longer affected by the berserker armor, and Casca, who has overcome his psychological shadow, embrace each other again.
I don't know what the two of you think of this idea of mine, and I don't know if Miura ever thought of such a scene in his lifetime. I'm thinking that if Miura did design it this way, it would have been a very touching scene.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
After Miura's death, I once imagined a scene: Guts, who is no longer affected by the berserker armor, and Casca, who has overcome his psychological shadow, embrace each other again.
I don't know what the two of you think of this idea of mine, and I don't know if Miura ever thought of such a scene in his lifetime. I'm thinking that if Miura did design it this way, it would have been a very touching scene.

I don't think the berserk's armor is the big problem in this specific case, but yes I think Miura intended for both Guts and Casca to overcome their trauma and find themselves again eventually.

Top Bottom