help!!!

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
help!

i wanna watch my HK dvd-set (berserk, of course) on my european pal PS2. The dvd's are in ntsc format, so the image is only displayed in black and white on my tv set.
is there some ntsc/pal converter tool for PS2?
i thought probably some of you are familiar with this problem.

i need any help i can get!

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
*smiles*

As I said.. sorry, but I have no idea when it comes to modifying the PS2 though....

good luck!

I'm not sure about modding a ps2 but PAL-NTSC converters cost alot generally. You can do a search for them on google. The best option price-wise, would probably be to pick up a DVD-ROM ($70 or less) for your computer because VGA monitors won't have any compatiblility problems.

hmmm I always thought that berserk HK DVD's were regionless well silly me

Yes, they are. The problem is the display standard and the different refresh rates. PAL is 50 Hz, while NTSC is 60 Hz. There are probably other conflicts as well.  :-/

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
*smiles*

As I said.. sorry, but I have no idea when it comes to modifying the PS2 though....
good luck!
yeah, i know fishbomb. thanks, you've helped me a lot already. :)
I'm not sure about modding a ps2 but PAL-NTSC converters cost alot generally. You can do a search for them on google. The best option price-wise, would probably be to pick up a DVD-ROM ($70 or less) for your computer because VGA monitors won't have any compatiblility problems.
well, i have a dvd-rom drive on my pc... but you know i'd really like to watch them on my TV (which is huge compared to computer monitor)
PAL is 50 Hz, while NTSC is 60 Hz. There are probably other conflicts as well.
there are indeed other conflicts. pal has 576 active lines, while ntsc has 525... :p
sorry to be the lucky man trapped_soul but i have an europeen ps2 and can read berserk dvd b/c they are in zone 2
well do you have the HK DVD set, or the japanese official one? or is it because of the SECAM system you use in France? Please answer, 'cause since you're in europe as well and your dvd's work, you're probably the only one on this board who can help me!

another question:
do you think it helps to chip the ps2 with a modchip?
does anyone know if you're able to play import games with that one installed as well? (i know you can play backups).
well the U.S. ps2 games are in NTSC as well, aren't they?
???

thanks 4 your time and help everyone! :)

Top Bottom