How are you guys playing Berserk? (PS2)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Berserk PS2 game... Should I?

If money's a problem, just get yourself a slide card and a swap magic booting disc... There are threads all over the board talking about that anyway, a simple search should provide you the answers you seek.

Actually I'll merge this to a similar thread, that should help a bit.

Okay, sorry to revive the topic (and probably ask an old question), but I need some help running the game.

I have the game disk (finally imported it) but didn't have enough money left to buy the swap disk, so I downloaded the disks from Limewire (so I've got swap magics on my computer, but not on a disk). Right now I'm having problems putting the swap magic ISO's onto a CD/DVD, has anyone had any experience with this method?

Once I actually get the disks I'll buy a flip top since I've got the cash for it, but right now my main focus is getting the disks to work.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Draco said:
Right now I'm having problems putting the swap magic ISO's onto a CD/DVD, has anyone had any experience with this method?

You need to burn the ISOs on DVDs. I can't tell you anything else if you're not more specific. Also, there are places more appropriate for this kind of questions on the Internet (read: that are specialized into modchips, swapping and all that, or even into ISO burning in general).

I may be wrong here, but wouldnt you needed a modded PS2 to run a CDR or DVDR even if it is a swap disk. The swap disk you buy come pressed and work on a non modded ps2, but if you burn it I dont think it would work without a modchip (kinda defeating the purpose).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
grendelrt said:
I may be wrong here, but wouldnt you needed a modded PS2 to run a CDR or DVDR even if it is a swap disk.

No, actually I think you're right. I've heard people claiming they got burned swap disks to work before (several), but as far as I know, these disks use a special printing technique to trick the system that can't be replicated by copying them with a simple DVD-burner. Might work if you boot them from a HDD, but I'm not going to go there. We're not a modchip forum anyway, like I said there are other places on the Internet more fitted for this kind of questions, with tutorials and all.

Top Bottom