How many more volumes you think Berserk will last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nomad said:
Doesn't know, or  won't say?

He wouldnt question Saiki if he didnt want to say...

Anyway I still DBZ sucks is because the power is far too strong for them... If you did read the sequel Dragonball GT... You should know both Vegeta and Goku can go all the up to super saiya 4 which more ridiculous than any manga i have seen... 3 alone can fight with enemy capable of destroy an entire planet, let alone 4? Goku is even more powerful than GH if Berserk merged with DBZ... the only think good about DBZ is hilarious than all...

Unlike DBZ, Berserk had a clear protagonist and antagonist (which prevail even after so long)... Powerful enemy does not pop out as often as DBZ and old character reappearing again after many many volumes... One thing for sure Guts does not have an army of friends and aid around him like Goku in DBZ... He fight on his won for the sight of survival... Especially with human ability

Smith said:
Unlike DBZ, Berserk had a clear protagonist and antagonist (which prevail even after so long)..

I think that the whole rebirth of Griffith saga is something that was not a part of the initial storyline. I think that Miura realized that the whole series works because of that protagonist and antagonist relationship of two equally strong people...

Anyway... I wonder why the Godhand want to get reincarnated as humans because if anything it makes them weaker... and POWER is such a strong theme in Berserk that it sort of goes against it.

(Rambling.... )

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
DBZ will not cross this blue line for the rest of the thread. Please.

MaN said:
Anyway... I wonder why the Godhand want to get reincarnated as humans because if anything it makes them weaker... and POWER is such a strong theme in Berserk that it sort of goes against it.

(Rambling....  )

Well, who said it makes them weaker? They will also be gods to mortals and apostles alike, and I doubt there is anything or anyone that can stop griffith or any other godshand (if they had a body) right now, even guts.

IMO, first and most important to evolve in the story is Caska
We have been through Caska's current phase and now time has come for it to change
We have the Moonchild of course and Elfhelm...
Anyway, I believe the Moonchild will be the most critical one
The next Caska stage will have to take it's time and I believe after that the final stage will come

I believe we have past the middle of the manga

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
xechnao said:
IMO, first and most important to evolve in the story is Caska
We have been through Caska's current phase and now time has come for it to change
We have the Moonchild of course and Elfhelm...
Anyway, I believe the Moonchild will be the most critical one
The next Caska stage will have to take it's time and I believe after that the final stage will come

I believe we have past the middle of the manga

Well dont say we are past the middle. Caska might be used as a huge upset. If she dies, just think of what it will do to Guts? Lets just say the whole story could be pulled inside out, all over again, and probably have the same effect on us (well most of us) as the first eclipes.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Oh yeah, well I heard the story is only 3% complete and that it will be up to Miura's distant grand children to finish it.

i myself am hoping there is 50,

that would cap it all off and give guts plenty of time to shove his boot up griffiths ass  :),

and be one of the best works of fiction EVER created, (which in my opinion already is ;D),

- c

"Griffith No More!" said:
Oh yeah, well I heard the story is only 3% complete and that it will be up to Miura's distant grand children to finish it.

well i guess Saiki couldnt make a mistake could she?

More or less i believe in what she had said... Berserk has the potential to continue past 100 volumes if all the detail in most of the major character were laid out (not including new character that is yet to introduce)

Currently we need background of character such as

All the 5 GH
Guts parent (MHO)
Griffith
SK* and/or Flora
Silatt and his relationship with the royal blood of bakaira (whatever its called)
King Gaiseric* and the ancient past
King hanafubuku*
Azan
Top 5 commander of the hawks (Zodd* especially)
Sonia
Ganishka*
Child of moonlight*

Note: * denotes character character which I (and many of you out there) really hope Muira will elaborate on

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I wasn't dissin Saiki or his info, I'm actually curious to hear more from him on this. That was just general humor, remember HUMOR guys?

Smith said:
Currently we need background of character such as

All the 5 GH
Guts parent (MHO)
Griffith
SK* and/or Flora
Silatt and his relationship with the royal blood of bakaira (whatever its called)
King Gaiseric* and the ancient past
King hanafubuku*
Azan
Top 5 commander of the hawks (Zodd* especially)
Sonia
Ganishka*
Child of moonlight*

Personally i really don't care enough to have more volumes just to have elaborations on azan or silat or even guts parents... I think its distracting to go off on a tanget and we are talking about tangets that run for a few episodes at least.. but i agree it would be cool to find out about zodd or SK and all of the GH.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
If the story were always "important stuff", it wouldn't be as important to me/you as it is. What I mean is secondary characters have a grand importance in a book/manga; fallowing a directive line with only major plot would be kinda irrelevant imho.
For example, do you think it'd be wasted time to see what happens to Rickert because the story has to be centered around Guts and Griffith ? I for one do not think so, as they're all part of the same thing.
Guil

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
Guil-BANNED! said:
If the story were always "important stuff", it wouldn't be as important to me/you as it is. What I mean is secondary characters have a grand importance in a book/manga; fallowing a directive line with only major plot would be kinda irrelevant imho.
For example, do you think it'd be wasted time to see what happens to Rickert because the story has to be centered around Guts and Griffith ? I for one do not think so, as they're all part of the same thing.
Guil

Personally, I'm always interested in how Miura constantly manages to recast the story into something different than it was before. I mean, this was happening right from the beginning. Based on the first 2.5 volumes, who would've expected him to leap back to Guts' birth and to spend the next 11 or so volumes telling us the story of his entire life leading up to the Eclipse? Or that the Lost Children Arc would give us such a long and sensitive look at what drove Roshinu to become an Apostle? I'm sort of wondering if we're not going to get the same sort of thing when/if Guts & co manage to make it off-shore and on their way to Elfheim. Maybe a leap back 1000 years and some time spent looking at the life and times of characters like Skullknight, Flora, and (theoretically) Void. Even if we dodge aside to see what Rickert and Erica are doing, it will certainly be to illuminate what Miura considers the ultimate point of the story he's telling. In the end, I'm sure that Miura has some crazy narrative twists in store for us, and look forward to another arc as out-of-left-field as the Golden Age must've seemed to people that'd been reading the manga when it was first being published.

BiQ_

" ... "
I'd also be very interested to know how much of the overall story of Berserk Miura has already written beforehand. IIRC Miura stated in some interview that at the beginning, the most of the story was "we'll see where it goes" -like. Now, that some kind of basis of actually writing the story to the end is in place, how much of the future is already set? (Either in written form scripts put away in a safe or just in Miura's head)

I have no idea what kind of approach Miura has into writing plotlines, so all of this is pure conjencture. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

btw, how old is the Guin Saga author guy? IIRC (probably that same interview) even that was still going on, and Miura still reads every one of them. If the Guin Saga author kicked the bucket before finishing his (her?) work, would that have any kind of impact in how Miura creates Berserk?

Just a thought.

Its good to have a secondary or even unimportant character to become a major character in the future story... It would be a huge twist... For eg Silatt... Who will expect him to come back again after being defeated by Guts back in vol10...? And his role from vol17 onward... it seem to be getting more and more significant

Azan could be another one i suppose... maybe its not his time yet...

And yes... Guts need more allies to get his revenge, or at least to resist the whole army of extraordinary beings

mahlernut said:
Personally, I'm always interested in how Miura constantly manages to recast the story into something different than it was before. 

He did it once before... The atmosphere of Berserk was totally different before and after vol 12/13... Do you guys realised?

Guts original quest -to become the ultimate strong warrior so that he can be on par with Griffith- also vanished the moment Griffith become the GH...

im going to dismiss the fact that berserk will go to 100 volumes, that's not relaistic IMO.

not many manga have gone over 100 vol. and berserk, im 99% sure isn't. it would have to include everything in the book to keep interesting.

i stick by my earlier prediction of about 48, maybe 50, but that's it.

muira will not spend his whole life on this i think.

i think berserk is now half done, it should have one chapter with the final battle (if there is one) and then a farewell vol. or few chapters.

hey maybe that's not how it goes, maybe it's not going to be a happy ending, from what i have seen, it's 50:50 whether it's a happy/sad ending.

Freddy C said:
muira will not spend his whole life on this i think.

That the only one i agree why Muira wouldnt want to make it past 100 volume... However that might changed if he decided to speed up his process in his near future... (Hire more manga artists to help him draw would also help)

Freddy C said:
it should have one chapter with the final battle (if there is one)

Only 1 chapter... That would kinda be disappointing isnt it? But then i wonder if Muira even plan to have a final battle...

I think it'll end around the volume 40.
Dragging the story to volume 100 or something would be pretty stupid. Every good story needs a good ending and if the story drags for too long no one cares about the ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom