I finally went ahead :)

Sofus

I serve the God Hand
Finally got my sorry ass around to ordering all the Berserk manga volumes, 1-21. Damn scared me when the shipping and handling costed almost as much as the volumes themselves, but what do you do, I live in sweden.
I did not buy from aclimate though, but from animaxis. 4.15$ per volume is NOT much. And the Aclimate translations costs 3.50$ per damn volume and still suck so that's a "no thank you" from me.

Some volumes were out of stock tho, let's see how long it'll take...

Isaac

"and when king alexander saw the breadth of h
Are the Animaxis ones translated to english? If so is it a descent translation?

Isaac

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
There are no 'official' english translated volumes. Berserk is/or will be officially translated into German, Italian, French and a few other languages, but not english yet. The reason for this is because American publishers are frightened off by the heavy adult content(you know, all the sex, violence, sex, demon worshiping, harsh language and sex). Whereas, the europeans are a bit more accepting of that stuff and more lenient.

At one point the new chapters were found here, and translation followed shortly after. But that came to an end because someone informed Hakusensha of our 'evil doings'. If you look hard enough, you will find various chapters translated and posted throughout the net. Some scanned and some just text translations. But no one site has the entire series scanned and translated.

Aclimate Solutions provides summaries of the volumes. Many here have voiced that they are utter crap, but somewhat informative.

Thats all for now. In short...."no soup for you!" ;)

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
*grins* So, Sofus... you're a fellow swede too?

Hejsan på dig! Nu utnumrerar vi iallafall danskarna... tror jag *flin* ;D

Isaac

"and when king alexander saw the breadth of h
Christ, nothing like living in America land of the free and home of the opressive censors. Our culture is soo fucking uptight about sex it makes me ashamed to be an american. I don't understand it.

Maybe they should serialize them in like playboy or something.

Isaac

Sofus

I serve the God Hand
Hehe, japp Fishbomb, från Luleå! Finns det ens nån dansk här? :)

Sorry, think it's best if we revert to english so the other freaks can hear us :)

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
*grins* Yeah, I'll speak english... after some of the language issues I think that might be best. *snickers* Sorry, private joke. Yeah, there's a dane here, we got into a fight about who the biggest vikings was... ;)

I'm a smålänning to begin with, but right now I live in Linköping... boring but safe...

Sofus

I serve the God Hand
Hehe, half of my family tree still lives in Linköping, I go there every summer to meet my grandma and party with my cousins! Nice place :)

Vampire_hunter_Bob, I was sincere when I asked if there were no danes, I apparently had missed the discussion you guys had. I didn't know there were any danes here :)

Sofus

I serve the God Hand
I got the volumes three days ago, and they managed to slip through customs! I was a little worried I might have to pay extra for them since the package was quite big, but they slipped past :)

Volumes themselves look great, and none were harmed during the shipping. I must say I'm impressed at which the speed animaxis sent them out, took less than a week to get them, and I live in sweden! Apparently that "out of stock" notice on most of the volumes weren't true, I was prepared to wait a month or so. :)

Now it's just a matter of the translations, thanks to the existing translations here (thanks Namhirra for the complete 2 volumes, and the others for the other chapters!) and Yong's retouched scans I'm able to read vol 1-7. Now it's just the problem of attaining more translations, maybe I will have to buy them from aclimate solutions, but that will be my last resort. I'm starting two japaneese classes after newyears, and next summer I might have *some* little understanding of it, and I plan to continue learning japaneese after that, but it's still a long time away... :)

Top Bottom