Is it me?

Is it me and my friends, or is smash brothers the greatest game ever made. And im not talkin about your high tech gamecube version for those that couldnt beat their friends on the N64 version. Im talkin old school N64 smash. All these high graphic games out there and the yearly madden and mlb releases with thousands if not millions of dollars spent on programming dont have any sort of gameplay that the old games do. I played that activision anthology game on PS2, and shit man, those games actually took skill. These games today are just constant knockoffs of one another and anyone can beat them. If you played bond, you played halo. if you played madden 94, you played madden 2009. Im not an 80's generation kid, but marble madness and NES play action football are still fuckin hard and entertaining. Smash for N64 is so simple in nature yet people can play it for years (with other people of course), I dont think any game in this new millenium can boast that.

nir085

Horse and Armor
I love both games, but a fighting game should not be compared to an RPG/action game.

Super Smash Bros. IS awesome. I've probably put more hours into that game than any other N64 game, even though it's the only N64 game I like that I don't own. I kind of wish things were a little bit more difficult though. After adapting to the game after a day or two, you're pretty much a master on any level, at least with certain characters (e.g. Luigi).

P.S. Today sets the record for the most amount of topics in this forum.

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
ocarina of time remains in my heart as the best game ever and smash brothers was a master piece. the new one i never bought. I know somewere in new grounds there is a video that explains how new games just dont cut it like they use to. If i find the link ill post it.

Malf said:
ocarina of time remains in my heart as the best game ever and smash brothers was a master piece. the new one i never bought.

Yeah that game is my favirote game too. It had a dark story and tight boss battles. I was a bit dissapointed in Wind Waker the game was short way too easy and the story was a bit light hearted. :-\

Smash Bros. is a favirote also. The N64 game was fun but I liked the Gamecube better better. It's fun to play that game with four playerS. The character I used was either Falcon or Luigi and I got all the trophies in that game. 8)

man you cant play smash 1 player, thats not fun at all. The fun is playing against other people because the controls are so simple and yet can become so complex that most people can control their characters easily so then its like a battle of brains, who can control their character better or impose their will and traps.

And man, luigi is not easy to master, and ill give you one reason, the fonz (the fonz is the thing me and my friends call his up B move). you would not beleive how many times or how many positions or how annoying and effective that move is. it is absolutely ridiculous and that takes a lot of time to get everything down. The kid i know who is unreal at it practiced getting good at it by doing one player mode and defeating everyone only using the fonz. including large DK and metal mario. insanity.

I have a question that i think is not enough important to me to make a search on internet so i'll ask it here...

Where does Falcon comes from ? From wich game ? I tought every characters comes from other games (like Fox, Samus...) but i never saw Falcon.. maybe i just never played that game and never heard from..

Thanks

nir085

Horse and Armor
I think he is from one, if not multiple, F-Zero games. I didn't know the answer to that question also when I first played Super Smash Bros.

at first i didnt know all the characters had to be nintendo liscenced. heres another question for you fellers, why is the donkey in donkey kong. i see the kong part from king kong, but donkey? i told my roomate to change the channel off animal planet because i didnt want to see donkeys picking fleas off eachothers. its completely monopolized the word ape, baboon, and monkey for me.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
elhinnaw said:
at first i didnt know all the characters had to be nintendo liscenced. heres another question for you fellers, why is the donkey in donkey kong. i see the kong part from king kong, but donkey?
Because mentally he's a donkey.

Schwabe

*cough*
What the hell....n64 is oldschool? Since when...99...damn....comon...like, atari....one must fall on the pc....games like....with ASCII graphics....

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Schwabe said:
What the hell....n64 is oldschool? Since when...99...damn....comon...like, atari....one must fall on the pc....games like....with ASCII graphics....
haha, you're my age. atari is not of your generation. your generation's systems are PSX, SEGA CD, SEGA SATURN, and N64 really. If you strech it, you could say super nintendo too.

compared to the nonsense out there today, N64 is old school. Programmers today wipe their ass with 64 bit toilet paper. atari is ancient, but fucking hard. I spent a million years trying to beat HERO

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
I still play nintendo, sega genesis, and snes. some of the best games came out for those systems. they totally blow away many games that are more modern. It seems like graphics and more spiffy opions dominate todays games. Graphics no doubt make a game nice eye candy but gameplay and storyline are more important imo.

Cronotrigger > all ;D

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
The_Fetus_Ninja said:
I still play nintendo, sega genesis, and snes. some of the best games came out for those systems. they totally blow away many games that are more modern. It seems like graphics and more spiffy opions dominate todays games. Graphics no doubt make a game nice eye candy but gameplay and storyline are more important imo.

Cronotrigger > all ;D

thats true... My favorite nintendo game has always been "Ninja Gaiden" and for SNES... Actraiser (dont know if spelled it right :-\)

heh the other day I was having a party @ my house... and for some reason somebody popped my nintendo emulator, and everybody I mean EVERYBODY started playing punch out for the whole frikkin party... including the girls... weird.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

The best game ever was Chrono Trigger.

I currently now play, unreal tournament 2004 :d it owns all :D.

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
i grew up on super nintendo. Thats the best system i dont care what people think. It had all the best games like joe and mac, Mega man x, street fighter, and every other begging game that would eventualy lead to sequals on these new systems. I remember having the original nintendo too but i dont have to many memories of that except for mario.

Top Bottom