I've got some seriously good music for you

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
So,
I don't post much around here but here's something from my repertoire. I DJ here and there so I wish to share some wisdom with berserk fans, this was my first forum, after all, so I wish to give something back. It's not normal music you'll find here, it's very moody and deep, often dark but it is also very meaningful to many people, so if you're up for a trip into the unknown and feel drained of good sounds and interesting atmospheres, check this out.

The first band I wish to introduce to you is called Derniere Volonte, they play an exquisite blend of military pop and neofolk, very popular in these parts of Europe. Their latest album is an erotic military pop blast and has gained many fans since it's release. We're talking REALLY underground music here so bear in mind it is rare, but that goes for most precious things.
For those sensitive to experimental I'd suggest the poppy Devant Le Miroir album with Nos Chairs being a true masterpiece of heroism and uplifting tunes. People already into dark/ambient and neofolk music can start with the album Les Blessures De L'ombre, their official switch from ambient ww2 marching tunes to a more fluent, epic and martial sound.
I'd definetly suggest the following songs: Le Poison, Mon Mercenaire, L'eau pure, En Avant, La foudre et la tonnere, Soldat, A Speer...

Do not be fooled by the looks and superficial nazi insinuations, if your heart is open to nice music you will find it is not political but very introspective mature music. They played in our capital last weekend and it was a blast, they're real nice blokes.

http://www.dernierevolonte.com/
http://www.myspace.com/dernirevolont

Untill some other unpredicted beer night, I salute you people of the Western World.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
If Stream is into them I'll check it out when I get out of work. We have similiar tastes in music, although I'm not too much into Darkwave.

hmm not too bad... Though I'm sure I'm not listning to their best song. But nothing beat Hatebeak!
yea, I'm just kidding of course.

Suggest me what you think if the best of their best. I like what I hear so far

White_Hawk

Production wise I'd go for something from their latest album "Devant Le Miroir", so I'd have to say Nos Chairs or L'eau pure, even tough L'ombre des reverbes is like a brain shot of mysthic pop in a uniform.
However, there are two basic phases in their career so far, the ambient/martial one and the erotic militarypop one, which is their current style.

A rather nice one is coeur de legionnaire, which you can download here from Tesco Germany, their distributors (it's a legal link, you can follow it throught their main page). If you're there I'd suggest downloading the others too, really neat pre pop phase, with Mon Mercenaire being a mini turning point in styles.

I mention all this because the music reminds me of Hirasawa's works on a few segments, so if you liked Philosopher's Propeller you may find this enjoyable.

The songs I liked were:
i'm bad baby (I think I'd prefer without the singing though)
only get turned on when I get the money out
many enemies bring much honour
disobey ends
track 2 and 5 of Der Blutharsch
the smell of her neck (sounded like something I'd hear off a Silent Hill soundtrack)
Inner Glory Overture (I really liked)

And that's about where I stopped trying them out because there were a lot of samples up @_@

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
spineylamb said:
The songs I liked were:
i'm bad baby (I think I'd prefer without the singing though)
only get turned on when I get the money out
many enemies bring much honour
disobey ends
track 2 and 5 of Der Blutharsch
the smell of her neck (sounded like something I'd hear off a Silent Hill soundtrack)
Inner Glory Overture (I really liked)

And that's about where I stopped trying them out because there were a lot of samples up @_@

These aren't from the band White Hawk is talking about though, you need to scroll down to "Derniere Volonte" to listen to them on Tesco-Germany's download page.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Very different but I think I like it. I think that Soldat is my favorite out of the samples, the military air combined with modern industrial music styles gives their music a very unusual atmosphere.

White_Hawk

That is very ok spineylamb, you just had your first brush with neofolk/post industrial/military something music. Is your brain on fire? :guts:

Well, I'm very glad somebody took the time to listen to this. Hopefully you get to like it which is a better way of me getting something across than 100 lousy posts. Speaking of which,have you noticed how the writing differs between continents? I may be extra silly, but in general I noticed the various styles of writing posts on international forums and how the jokes and phrases vary. Why I'm saying this is for readers to take in consideration these slight differences in communication.

Anyway, this week I present another band. It's much much darker than Derniere Volonte and not of the same genre, but music explorers will recognize the uncharted audio spheres this project has to offer.

BOHREN UND DER CLUB OF GORE is the name, and those familiar with Angelo Badalamenti, Lynch fav composer, will find familiar glimpses of deep and gloom jazz pieces within the truly multicolored creational opus of this band.

On their webpage you can find everything you need for a quick introduction into a foggy world of "constant fear".
http://www.bohrenundderclubofgore.de/html/index.html
I would suggest the albums Black earth and Midnight Radio. I developed a strange habit of driving the interstate and listening to these albums. Eerie.

When you turn on all the lights, let me know what you think.

White_Hawk

I won't write too much about this guy...
combichrist.jpg

But I can seriously advise you to check out the following songs by Combichrist:
This Shit Will Fuck You Up
Blut Royale
Happy Fucking Birthday
God Bless
Lying Sack Of Shit
This Is My Rifle
Electrohead
What the fuck is wrong with you people
Shut up and swallow

NIce eh?
Those are actuially song titles.
www.combichrist.com

If you're into more industrial sounds he has a side project called Panzer AG that made a sweet debut album called This Is My Battlefield. If you're into electroclash then his OTHER side project Scandy may do the trick - 13 ways to masturbate is a great album. Finally, his original band Icon Of Coil offers some really nice albums Machines Are Us being one of them if you like futurepop with some nice vocals.

What I love about spinning Combichrist is the people.

COMBICHRIST_2006_US_TOUR.jpg

Top Bottom