Life span of Berserk?

The Dragon Reborn said:
He needs to work faster....I mean Miura isn't exactly getting any younger. ::)

Like i said, 1 month per vol

It can be achieve anyway, just hire more comic artists

Well, he aint getting younger thats for sure. At a rate he's going, if he gets into some sort of accident or some shit, it will never get done

Why is everyone acting as if Miura is going to die soon. Sheesh, the guy's only 37. (11th of July 1966)

He's hardly ancient.

Exactly, he could continue Berserk for 20 more years if he really wanted to... as good as it would be I dont think it will go for that long but death of old age isnt a issue.

I think those who pray on this forum should every once in a while put in a good word for Miura not do die anytime soon though just in case...

Sparnage said:
He isnt very old so unless he gets cancer or something Im not too worried.

I know, but cancer is still not that bad at least he can hand the job over to someone else when he (and if) he pass away

What i am afraid is that he had a car accident etc he goes suddenly and the story will be left open...

Of coz i sincerely hope that neither of these will happen ;D

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I think that there could have been a lot more story before Griffith was reborn, it seemed to happen a little too quickly. Maybe another encounter with Femto and the other GH would have been appropriate. ???

KazigluBey said:
I think that there could have been a lot more story before Griffith was reborn, it seemed to happen a little too quickly. Maybe another encounter with Femto and the other GH would have been appropriate. ???

Well to me it seem good enough, i mean how long you want to drag Berserk?

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Well to me it seem good enough, i mean how long you want to drag Berserk?

Lol, well as long as there is a good story to tell he can go on as long as he wants.

I understand that it is hard to start a project and then predict many years down the road how it's going to play itself out. At this point I agree with others that 50 or so volumes will probably be plenty to resolve it all, but It definately could have stretched out much more than that if the pacing had been different earlier on, but that's just being a monday morning quarterback. ;)

KazigluBey said:
Lol, well as long as there is a good story to tell he can go on as long as he wants.

Not to dampen your mood but dragging is the story isnt easy, especially to maintain the intriguing storyline of berserk

I just hope it doesnt deteroriate if he does drag very long

he doesnt really need to do any dragging,

he has put so many interesting characters and perspectives into the story

that even at a normal pace it would take a while to finish everything,

which would be the greatest while we could see!

just my thoughts ;D

- c

10-4 said:
he doesnt really need to do any dragging,

he has put so many interesting characters and perspectives into the story

that even at a normal pace it would take a while to finish everything,

which would be the greatest while we could see!

just my thoughts ;D

- c

Well yeah in the long run I want to be able to absorb and enjoy every little part I can rather then have it rushed. However what comes with being fans like us (particularly for the ones who are impatient, I know I am) waiting once every 2 weeks for a chapter that seems to move slowly means countless time of waiting before you find out something the characters have managed to get to a turning part in the story..... and what happens then? it turns out they are about to do something bigger that you have to hold out for leaving you back to square one waiting for a year or more!!!!

I'm sure alot of people here are used to that, but I find that really hard because I only started reading when volume 25 came out and read them all in a row, night after night for week!
By volume 15 during the lost children I was hoping they would move on quicker. Certainly not because I wasn't enjoying it any less than the rest, but rather because I knew when I get to the end that would be one step less that the story would be up to when I got to the end, and that sucked for me!

I know in the long run it will be worth it but still....

well sparnage i agree,

but at the same time i am very happy and anxious on the day we get to see it so i can get off work, fly home, and see what happens!!

if he makes it shorter just for convience it will only lessen the quality and warm fuzzy feeling you get when you start to read it and lose yourself in the Berserk world,

but you will live my friend,

if for no other reason than to read Berserk ;D

- c

Top Bottom