Live Action Mangas and Animes

List what Mangas or Animes you'd like to see made into real movies. This what you'd like to see and how you'd like to see it. So leave that "It'll never be done" stuff behind. This isn't for saying "It's gonna happen." It's just what you would like to see if done right.

My list:
Vampire Hunter D - I would like to see a live action movie based off one of the other books and not a remake of the first two animated movies.

Berserk - LOTR was cool and epic, it'd be cool to see Berserk like this.

Hellsing - That would make for a cool movie.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
dwarfkicker said:
My list:
Vampire Hunter D - I would like to see a live action movie based off one of the other books and not a remake of the first two animated movies.

If I had to kill people to stop that from happening I would do it.

I think we'd see another animated one before a live action one. You're a big "D" fan, do you know if the novels are being translated.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I would not entrust an anime converted into a action movie, specially if its a big budget one... The American Films have too many regulations and prefernces regarding movies like that... unless someone is determined to risk much...perfect example "The Matrix"

Berserk - an epic this great deserves to be made into a movie. Alot of you "true fans" may be against it, but I say if it is handled properly it could be one of the greatest films ever made. As long as it's given a fair production budget and compotent actors who fit their roles it will be great. The big thing would be deciding which arc to use. It just wouldn't work with a totally new plotline created specifically for the movie. I think the Kuroi Kenshi arc would be perfect to set the mood for a first movie and would make room for a sequel.

GTO - I know that there's already a live-action GTO movie and TV-series, but I'd like to see an American production with an entirely black cast. An urban vision of the greatest teacher who ever lived ... Dr. Dre as Ekichi Onizuka, Beyonce as his main love interest Fuyutsuki, and Jamie Kennedy as his wigger student Kunio Murai. You can criticize all you want, but I think it would be really fun to watch.

That's all I can think of for now...

Renegade said:
GTO - I know that there's already a live-action GTO movie and TV-series, but I'd like to see an American production with an entirely black cast. An urban vision of the greatest teacher who ever lived ... Dr. Dre as Ekichi Onizuka, Beyonce as his main love interest Fuyutsuki, and Jamie Kennedy as his wigger student Kunio Murai. You can criticize all you want, but I think it would be really fun to watch.

Oh GOD NO!!! >:(

Renegade said:

That's all I can think of for now...

Yeah that is the most terrible idea I have heard for a few days. If those bastards dare to dilute the name of Onizuka I will be pissed about that. He is Japanese, he cant be from the hood!!!

I think.... and hope with with every ounce of my body that it is just a rumour.

Berserk - LOTR was cool and epic, it'd be cool to see Berserk like this

If you like LOTR then you would want Record of Lodoss War to be live action. I think a great live action anime would be the Rourini Kenshin prelude OVA's.

Membrax

Some beast eating its heart in the desert
elhinnaw said:
I think a great live action anime would be the Rourini Kenshin prelude OVA's.

seconded... but I can't help thinking it'd be butchered :-\

I would laugh my ass off if some insane guys would make a live action "Ebichu" ;D

Nomad said:
how about Akira???... Clishe I know...

Whether it will happen or not I dont know but a live action Akira has been talked about for a while.

http://anime.futurizmo.com/news/EpFyFupAZkbNuxsQHu.php

Sounds fucking stupid to me! If I remember hearing correctly I think Tetsuo was going to be made to be Kaneda's younger brother or something rather than friend.

Besides its going to be done by westerners, anime and manga based live action shouldnt ever be done by westerners! I wouldnt be surprised if they change the name akira to michael or something, along with the rest of the cast. :p

I even heard one of the guys who made blade is going to be involved in it, now blade might have fans here but I dont think a guy who was involved in a try hard vampire movie should take part in a classic like Akira.

Also a live action ninja scroll is being planned by the mortal kombat production company.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
good point... whay about the Wachosky Brothers? (my spelling is horrible...sorry ;D)

GreatDoobieMan

I CANT FEEL MY FACE!
they already made a gundam live action movie and it sucked ass.
Dont know about yal but a live action Cowboy bebop movie will be awsome and can be done quite well if u asked me.
and yeah i think they will start picking animes to make live action movies from cause the way there are picking comic book heros to make movies of im sure pretty soon there going to run out of good comics to use and soon go to animes for ideas. dont know about yal but ive heard that they are thinking of making a live action Dragon ball movie. :(

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
ZODDGUTS said:
Wasn't that just a Jay Leno joke which I saw two days ago on his show.

Not a joke:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/zwecker/cst-ftr-zp29.html

Top Bottom