Mythological transformations

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
TheSkyTraveller said:
My first thought was cyclops too, because of the eye, but Irvine is so svelte and limber. :-*
A cyclops is usually a giant, muscular, one-eyed, ugly freak. Irvine also gives me the impression of being birdlike, but I'm really not sure what that could translate into in apostle form to keep with the mythology theme, and still match Irvine. Can anyone think of any mythological creatures or figures that are blind?

Thanks for the link to the old topic on this. Sorry for the rerun, but it's interesting to discuss now that we know what Locus is.

My thoughts exactly as to what Irvine's apostle form might look like. I'm betting on some kind of archer mythological creature, maybe it will have ONE eye, like the Cyclops, only be a magnificently graceful creature at that.

2Rivers1Dragon

I'm worse than a llama!
I've been thinking about Irvine's possible transformation for a while now. I don't think that the cyclops fits his physique at all. Seems more likely that he'll turn into something similar to the Gorgons of Greek myth (everyone remembers Medusa). The gorgons were known for there powerful gaze which could turn any man to stone. Medusa, herself, was known to where a ceremonial mask (mask of Hecate) which her wide unblinking eyes hid behind. This could explain the unblinking stare of Irvine. I also distinctly remember Medusa being well known for her archery. Course that was in a very old movie (Clash of the Titans ;D). Only problem with this concept is that the Gorgons were purely a female group. Irvine is obviously male. However, this transformation comes the closest to Irvine's characteristics, and Miura does have a habit of using monster designs from Greek mythology.

Got my info from this site btwhttp://www.perseus.tufts.edu/classes/finALp.html

Top Bottom