New anime series: Samurai 7

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
After doing some searching on this site and finding that there is no topic on it... I have just watched the first 8 episodes of this series...

With me never seeing the real movie "The 7 Samurai", im not really sure how parallel it is, but I like it so far. The samurai that they introduce have very different personalities and very different reasons of why they help the woman who's village is in danger.

So if you have some time, look it up and buy/download it.

Saiyajin No Ouji approved

UPDATE: Here is a little more info about it, it is set in the future, how far? I dont know, but its far enough that theyhave huge fucking samurai mechs. The intro to the series is of a massive battle... dont want to spoil it but I thought it was a little bit more then... "neat" :-*

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
With me never seeing the real movie "The 7 Samurai"
This is a horrible crime. The authorities have been informed and have ordered you to stop whatever the fuck it is you are doing, right now, and go buy it, RIGHT NOW.

tsk tsk tsk.... im just so disappointed... :-\

SaiyajinNoOuji

ranemaka13 said:
This is a horrible crime. The authorities have been informed and have ordered you to stop whatever the fuck it is you are doing, right now, and go buy it, RIGHT NOW.

tsk tsk tsk.... im just so disappointed... :-\

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Since your downloading anime right now check out Elfen Lied. From what I 've read and heard Elfen Lied is as violent as Gantz was. I think there's only 4 episodes right now to download since it's airing in japan right now and it hasn't finished. Here's some screens.

http://www.jascii.net/newanime/jascii.php?jascii_view=162

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
ZODDGUTSU said:
Since your downloading anime right now check out Elfen Lied. From what I 've read and heard Elfen Lied is as violent as Gantz was.
Voilence alone isn't all that interesting... got any other reasons to look into it? (violence + nudity isn't much of an improvement)

Majin Tenshi said:
Voilence alone isn't all that interesting... got any other reasons to look into it?  (violence + nudity isn't much of an improvement)

I've haven't seen the series I don't have DSL nor the right computer to be able to dowload stuff from the internet. It's up to you if you want to download it but it does look interesting. I mean come mon it had vioence + nudity how can you NOT lose from watching that. ;) :p ;D

I can't make any accurate assumptions but I did see a trailer on it, it didn't look overly promising. Well anything is worth a try I suppose, and if it has a reputation then it gets a few more points.

SaiyajinNoOuji

ZODDGUTSU said:
Since your downloading anime right now check out Elfen Lied. From what I 've read and heard Elfen Lied is as violent as Gantz was. I think there's only 4 episodes right now to download since it's airing in japan right now and it hasn't finished. Here's some screens.

http://www.jascii.net/newanime/jascii.php?jascii_view=162

"Checking it out" right now. Will let you all know how it is. ;D

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Hate it, the last Ep. they tried to use "Furi Curi" style animation and horribly failed (I'm talking really bad).

In addition I just think that 90% of the characters are just lame.

Never saw Samurai 7 or ever heard of it but the 7 Samurai movie by Akira Kurosawa pwned all, seriously if you get a chance watch that it's like the origins of anime and in my book its right up there with Berserk (except its much more realistic)

Soul Blader

My blade seeks vengeance!!
NeoBerserker said:
Never saw Samurai 7 or ever heard of it but the 7 Samurai movie by Akira Kurosawa pwned all, seriously if you get a chance watch that it's like the origins of anime and in my book its right up there with Berserk (except its much more realistic)

WORD! My favorite Kurosawa movie.

NeoBerserker said:
astro-boy.jpg

But what about me??

NeoBerserker said:
Akira Kurosawa was pre-Astro Boy
You're right, since Kurosawa did make Seven Samurai almost 10 years before Astro-boy, or any other animated series in Japan, he should be credited with the creation of anime. I mean, who the fuck does this "Osamu Tezuka" think he is? The "Father of Anime"?
Total bullshit! I'm glad we cleared this up.
It's blatantly obvious that Tezuka was so inspired by Kurosawa and his awesome samurai that he made a cartoon about a little boy robot and his adventures in the 21st Century, it just took him a while. I mean, who hasn't said, at least once in their life, after watching Seven Samurai, "we've got to animate this shit! How about a little robot-boy?!"
And I'd just love to hear Tezuka bring up his Astro-boy comic strip that he was doing back in the 50's, probably around the time that that be-all-end-all precursor to anime came out! He'd probably say that he had the idea to animate it all along, but we ALL know the truth, don't we?
Fucking frauds, I hate 'em!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I think Miyamoto Musashi should be credited with creating anime, or Columbus. Or Columbo.

Why? Because they're great filmmakers.

Top Bottom