Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

I played about an hour of it last night. Firstly, I have to say my biggest let down thus far isn't a lack of leon+claire (assuming?) or even gameplay, its the visuals. I'm still at the RE0 portion for the moment, which does kind of hinder my enjoyment because it is the only RE I have not played and thus have no idea what is going on. However, one thing I'm sure of is that the -graphics- are not on par with RE4, or even the REmake/0 for the matter. This is disturbingly noticeable when it shifts to the ingame models who don't look anywhere near as good as their cutscene counterparts, which, to my knowledge, are fairly accurate to their perspective in-game models (I remember REmake being such, I can't say the same for Zero I guess?)

After playing Galaxy/having seen Prime 3 in action, the Wii certainly has enough power to handle such, so as to why the graphical flair is not on par with games released 3-5 years ago on superior hardware, even if the change is more subtle than the other next-gen consoles, I can only think of it as a lackluster attempt on Capcom's part.

Not saying the game doesn't look fine, it just doesn't seem like the visuals are anywhere near their potential in all this. Rant on graphics aside, I find myself basically meeting my expectations on the rail-shooter side of things, and everything is coming along with a decent pace. As long as it continues this way/nostalgia factor a big part, I'll be thoroughly enjoying it.

Top Bottom