Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garouken

I'm a llama!
Also, I don't think Zodd would follow Griffith unless Griffith was more powerful than him. From we can derive:
Griffith>Zodd>Gatts>Serpico. The end.

korkor

I could be a llama
All_4_Yume said:
If you wanna base the duels on a Serpico style of fight than anyone could almost practically defeat anyone in Berserk. Opportunity is everywhere for an upset (like Farneze droppin' Guts) so I don't know if that's a good way to judge the skills of a fighter. More one thing, some of you folks aren't gving Griffith enough credit when it comes to tactics. Griffith was the king schemes. Griffith just never needed to pull any stunts like Serpico to win a fight but who could kill the King's brother and son and get away with it? Who could smoke the queen and get away with it? Griffith. The Hawkster looked at Foss one time and knew he was gonna be his enemy brother! Griffith is just cool like that so he would probably have Serp pwned before he'd even try some crazy shit on Griffith. Even if it would come down to ghetto tactics Griffith would still win.

maybe that wasnt griff's own skill Yume , maybe that was idea helping him out. (plus gutsu took care of everything that would suggest griff had someting to do with it) :p

and Garouken , read more carefully
we are talking about, BEFORE griff became femto
hence BEFORE griff ever had the power to beat zodd
this gives serpico a rather good chance

Garouken

I'm a llama!
Yeah that's true.

One could always bring fate into everything. Griffith had the egg of the king, so Serpico would be fated not to kill him. I'm such a bastard.

G

Genn21

Garo were talking skill with a sword buddy, use your imagination (theres no button sorry ) and enlist what it would be like without fate on griffs side and just a strait duel between the two hell i know griff would win like balls and the only way serp survived gutts is gutts sliped in the snow hes not perfect, griff would impale him through the eyeball like all the other nutlicks he's taken down that have tryed his ability

serpico has luck and agility griffith has bishi powers and dex like a pixie this fight would be over in sec's

The Blackswordsman said:
I would say Serpico is a better duel tactician and that Griffith has better sword fighting skill in general.(Guts would have improvisation/desperate tactic, melee tactic and skills)

In vol18, during the confontation at the cliff, Serpico attack so fast that Gutz didnt have time to use his crossbow! In the end he scratched Gutz alot and he escaped totally unharmed!

I said that both have equally good swordskill, the only different is the fact that Serpico know how to use the tactic to overcome greater foes, this allow serpico to gain upper hand!

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Agent Smith said:
In vol18, during the confontation at the cliff, Serpico attack so fast that Gutz didnt have time to use his crossbow! In the end he scratched Gutz alot and he escaped totally unharmed!

I said that both have equally good swordskill, the only different is the fact that Serpico know how to use the tactic to overcome greater foes, this allow serpico to gain upper hand!
Isn't it in volume19 ?
Guil

griffith's tactics seem to pertain(sp?) to battles and armies rather than one on one tactics like serpico has demonstrated. We haven't truly seen griffith use alot of tactical skill in a one on one battle so it could be safe to say serpico's dueling tactics are better.

Garouken

I'm a llama!
And I though we were talking about sword skill. Serpico's dueling tactics only seem to consist of putting his opponent in unfamiliar terrain/situations. On a level field, he might stand a chance against Griffith, but it's not likely.

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Okay, look. Serpico might beat Griffith if he snuck up to him and slit his throat when he slept. But in a fair, one-on-one fight with both of them prepared, Griffith would annihilate Serpico. It wouldn't be a duel - it would be slaughter.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Makkuro said:
Okay, look. Serpico might beat Griffith if he snuck up to him and slit his throat when he slept. But in a fair, one-on-one fight with both of them prepared, Griffith would annihilate Serpico. It wouldn't be a duel - it would be slaughter.
REBORN GRIFFITH SURE!
Old griffith? The one that Guts beat so easily? No problem.

At that point, Guts and Griffith's strength were vastly different. More seperated them then Serpico's and Guts' now.

Now, Guts has gotten stronger since then so that places Serpico comparitively higher.

Makkuro

Majin Tenshi said:
REBORN GRIFFITH SURE!
Old griffith? The one that Guts beat so easily? No problem.

At this time, I would like to point out that:

1) In a fair fight, Gatsu would also pulverize Serpico.

2) Griffith doesn't carry any emotional baggage with Serpico, and would thus be able to focus on the fight, rather than his achy, breaky heart.

Majin_Tenshi

Makkuro said:
At this time, I would like to point out that:

1) In a fair fight, Gatsu would also pulverize Serpico.

2) Griffith doesn't carry any emotional baggage with Serpico, and would thus be able to focus on the fight, rather than his achy, breaky heart.
Remember when Guts cut Serpico's shoe? Well, Guts didn't get away untouched either. That was 1 swing a piece. JUST LIKE THE SECOND DUEL. Only the duel had a sLiGhTlY more obvious outcome.

Are you sure that you're takeing Guts' equiptment into account? He has a semi-magical sword. A cannon, and lots of grenades. Oh and a rapid fire crossbow and throwing knives. All Serpico has had untill recently is a normal sword.
Equiptment wise alone, Guts has a big advantage that we have to remember not to count.

Makkuro

Majin Tenshi said:
Are you sure that you're takeing Guts' equiptment into account? He has a semi-magical sword. A cannon, and lots of grenades. Oh and a rapid fire crossbow and throwing knives.

As well as a severed arm and a ruined eye.

Majin_Tenshi

IMO, the severed arm helps him cause of the cannon. And the ruined eye? MEH, Guts isn't primarily a ranged fighter, so lack of depth perception doesn't hurt him that much. The cannonball should fly too fast for it to matter. You don't go for accuracy on a rapid fire weapon usualy. So that leaves him with a slight hinderence on the knives... which he doesn't use too often.

Makkuro

Majin Tenshi said:
IMO, the severed arm helps him cause of the cannon. And the ruined eye? MEH, Guts isn't primarily a ranged fighter, so lack of depth perception doesn't hurt him that much. The cannonball should fly too fast for it to matter. You don't go for accuracy on a rapid fire weapon usualy. So that leaves him with a slight hinderence on the knives... which he doesn't use too often.

The cannon isn't really much use against a single, fast opponent. The only way to fire it is with his teeth or by dropping the sword, and trying either would get him killed. Griffith certainly wouldn't have let him even get near it. The same goes for the crossbow. Besides, try walking around with one eye covered. It's quite a noticable difference, right? Now, imagine fighting an intense sword-fight like that.

Majin_Tenshi

Makkuro said:
The cannon isn't really much use against a single, fast opponent. The only way to fire it is with his teeth or by dropping the sword, and trying either would get him killed. Griffith certainly wouldn't have let him even get near it. The same goes for the crossbow. Besides, try walking around with one eye covered. It's quite a noticable difference, right? Now, imagine fighting an intense sword-fight like that.
I've developed a peculier habit of closeing my left eye in bright sunlight. (From walking out into a bright parking lot at work with the sun allways to my left.) I don't find it that hindering.

G

Genn21

I deffinatly know the cannon wouldnt hit griffith hes to sly and obeserves a opponent incrediably well , serpico maybe not either , as for the cross bow he might actully get a few off in griffiths direction problem would be before they got there griff would move , im sure gutts could land a few arrows in serpico hes smart cunning and dexterious but im afraid thats all when those arrows hit he loses all 3 qualitys and just becomes limp ( he barly dodged the d.g and becamse 1 footed ) , griff definalty has inteligence over serpico , that would lend a quicker and a more tactical advantage over serp in battle , ( id say dexterity advantage also but.. im not to sure on that )

wtf who voted that 5% tie thats uber fruity :p

Just remeber their 1st encounter. If Serpico had not avoid fast enough, he would lose both his legs, if Gutz had dodge a bit slower, he might be dead!

I dont think the old griffin had the power to place Gutz in such a life threatening situation!

Genn21 said:
I deffinatly know the cannon wouldnt hit griffith hes to sly and obeserves a opponent incrediably well , serpico maybe not either , as for the cross bow he might actully get a few off in griffiths direction problem would be before they got there griff would move , im sure gutts could land a few arrows in serpico hes smart cunning and dexterious but im afraid thats all when those arrows hit he loses all 3 qualitys and just becomes limp ( he barly dodged the d.g and becamse 1 footed ) , griff definalty has inteligence over serpico , that would lend a quicker and a more tactical advantage over serp in battle , ( id say dexterity advantage also but.. im not to sure on that )

wtf who voted that 5% tie thats uber fruity :p

Serpico dident let Gatts use the crossbow in the second fight
so we know that Gatts cant hit Serpico with it.

Serpico would win...
Gatts dident even go all out on griffith on the hill
but he did go all out on Serpico dosent that say all?

G

Genn21

what makes you so sure he went all out , he barly took serps leg if i say if he had a given chance and known serpico was going ot strike w/o time gatts would cleaned him out like a fish serpicos ONLY advantage in that fight was timeing and trickery , two things which griffith could have pulled off 100x better hes a master of war , serp's only lucky compare the two , gutts could nail serp all the way till sunday with his bowgun if he was also given the chance your only statement which gives serp edge is his attack from behind nothing to promising when gutts turns around nad fires 20 + arrows per sec , but miurra would not allow serp to die so seriously gatts nor griffith couldnt or wouldnt kill him till he runs past his experation date, ( that fight was only to show serps good )

clean up aile 12 !!!

Genn21 [Jhen'towaun] said:
what makes you so sure he went all out , he barly took serps leg if i say if he had a given chance and known serpico was going ot strike w/o time gatts would cleaned him out like a fish serpicos ONLY advantage in that fight was timeing and trickery , two things which griffith could have pulled off 100x better hes a master of war , serp's only lucky compare the two , gutts could nail serp all the way till sunday with his bowgun if he was also given the chance your only statement which gives serp edge is his attack from behind nothing to promising when gutts turns around nad fires 20 + arrows per sec , but miurra would not allow serp to die so seriously gatts nor griffith couldnt or wouldnt kill him till he runs past his experation date, ( that fight was only to show serps good )

clean up aile 12 !!!

you maybe right about the "Gatts all out on Serp thingy" but Gatts did know that Serp was going to attack when he turns around, so Serp dident get any advantage there
and i dunno what you mean with the " fires 20 + arrows per sec" thingy.

Griffin expenience death closer than Serpico when challenging Gutz, this is 1 obvious point that Griffin is slightly behind Serp!

No matter what, I just feel that Serpico is kind of better, I mean he can be really tough. In vol24, he warned Gutz that he will take revenge if anything happen to Farnese, i doubt Gutz will take his words lightly!

G

Genn21

Agent Smith said:
Griffin expenience death closer than Serpico when challenging Gutz, this is 1 obvious point that Griffin is slightly behind Serp!

No matter what, I just feel that Serpico is kind of better, I mean he can be really tough. In vol24, he warned Gutz that he will take revenge if anything happen to Farnese, i doubt Gutz will take his words lightly!

oh not a warning that might be much more lethal than him barly losing his leg , you give this man so much more credit than he actully deserves for a scene of skill planned skill at that , as for gutts nailing him with the bowgun how could he not ??? what it the world could serp do that so many apostles havnt thought of before ... magic forcefeild , super dexterity ? get real man if gutts actully wanted this man dead thered be a story about it and a short one at that

... now think if serp was griffith would he still be alive or would gutts go a little more out on him ^^;; ive sceen guts enraged and he's a little more than cranky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom