SkullKast: Episode 101 - Dawn of the Empire

I'm a little ignorant on how this works. I listen to quite a few podcasts -- but I've never yielded them from an RSS feed. I use the app CastBox -- am I able to listen to this podcast on there? I'm eager to download all of the episodes if that is the case.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a little ignorant on how this works. I listen to quite a few podcasts -- but I've never yielded them from an RSS feed. I use the app CastBox -- am I able to listen to this podcast on there? I'm eager to download all of the episodes if that is the case.
Yep. https://www.reddit.com/r/Castbox/comments/9g15y4/how_can_i_subscribe_via_rss_feed/

So just copy and paste the RSS feed link (it's here: http://skullknight.net/podcast/rss.xml ) into the search bar on your app, then subscribe. :daiba:

Episode 101: Dawn of the Empire (Ep 358)
(1h 54m)
Griffith lays out the foundation for his "second empire," and then vanishes. What happens next could be a m-e-g-a-t-o-n. He sure seems do be doing great things for humanity now that he's obtained his kingdom, so what does that spell for where Miura is taking us, and what does that say for the thesis of Berserk? Also, a short history of how we arrived at the Moonlight Boy = Griffith theory from more than a decade ago.

============================
Use a podcast app? Try this:

Quick question: where can I get that copy of Berserk for 3 dollars and something?!

I heard on the podcast you went to some site and was able to get it for little or nothing and was curious?

:ubik:
Excellent. Thank you very much. Downloading episode one now.
Listened to the first two episodes. This is awesome. Hearing predictions about the movie trilogy was interesting.

@Aazealh -- do you (or have you) read the French localization of Berserk? Do you prefer the French variant over the English one? Obviously the original language is insurmountable, but I'm curious about this in particular.

Griffith

My posts are better.
Oof, that first one in particular is rough to listen to, because of the recording quality and the volume levels. :farnese:
This is like the first thing you say on that podcast!:ganishka:

"Oh the volume levels... Please forgive me for the crudity of this model."

You're too hard on yourself (especially since it's mostly me and Aaz' fault =), but it's because of that dedication the podcast is always listenable to me. I've heard "professional" podcasts, like produced by fucking ESPN/Disney, with phone lines so bad it's literally unlistenable, and you've almost always found a way to make it work, or you're willing to scrap it if it doesn't. No small feat on your part considering, as in the aforementioned major corporate examples, printers and audio recording are the two things that remain incredibly difficult and frustrating to work with seemingly no how much the technology advances (notice how drive-thru sound tech often still sounds like it's from the 70s?). The problems just advance with them and audio recording might be the worst. So kudos to our esteemed one-man podcast host, producer and sound engineer on a fantastic job through over 100 episodes!

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Hearing predictions about the movie trilogy was interesting.
Wait till you hear the reviews.

@Aazealh -- do you (or have you) read the French localization of Berserk? Do you prefer the French variant over the English one? Obviously the original language is insurmountable, but I'm curious about this in particular.
I skimmed through some of them years ago. I remember not being pleased. Not that DH's work is very good either, mind you.

Was that Grail that made the analogy between Nazi fascism and Griffith's proposal to fix the problems plaguing Falconia?

It made me wonder if the Kushans would eventually be targeted like the Jews were...

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Was that Grail that made the analogy between Nazi fascism and Griffith's proposal to fix the problems plaguing Falconia?

It made me wonder if the Kushans would eventually be targeted like the Jews were...
If you read episode 358 (I recommend using our translation), you'll find that there isn't going to be a purge, no. And especially not that of the Kushans transplants, who are now well integrated in Falconian society.

Top Bottom