Should I redo Skully's armor?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well, I have discovered new styles, and as I do, I discover better ways of coloring. Unlike my other lame ass recolors, this one I plan to spend some time on. The femto one ought to be deleted, because the max time i have ever spent on that thing is 30 min. Well anyways, I just finished Slanns hair in this, and what do you think? I am unsure to use Red or Black/Green, because they both look cool. Instead of choosing, I will give the choice to you guys and let you vote. Whatever has more votes, will be chosen.

220_87_Recolored_copygreen.jpg

220_87_Recolored_copy.jpg

GOD DAMNIT IT DOESNT COME OUT CLEAN! Sorry for the noise like picture, when i find another website i am changing from it. Photobucket seems to fuck up pics when theres too much on it >:(.

I think they both look really awesome i like the kind of erieness(word?) the green gives off but the red is cool too and more like "realistic" to the scence considering shes made of like intestines and such. If i had to pick though id go with green
Kool stuff

The Dragon Reborn said:
cant see anything....

Open your eyes... ;)

PS: on the BERSERK's TCG, Volume 2, her hair is clearly dark red (it looks like... meat, in a way), and her skin is purple. And her eyes are totally red! Maybe that can help.

EDIT: and here is a "picture" of her (Card n°41/64):

slan.jpg

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I like the card actualy... in that scene, her hair was likely made out of intestines. The light-brown meatish color suits them perfectly.... I don't like the purple flesh so much though.

burnout39

HA! I can see you!..What...you can see me? AHH!
Bah..looks like i'm the only onw eho dosn't like the green :/

But, I would go with more of a burgundy blood red instead of the fuscia you have...then ask wich is better ;D

dwarfkicker said:
As for the card, Asmer, do you have any more pics of the volume 2 set?

No, sorry, I just found this one on the WEB one day, I couldn't even tell exactly where!? :-\

However, you have the Official KONAMI TCG's website, where you can find some of them (low quality):

http://www.konami.co.jp/th/card/berserk/

And you should check the Original Illustrations gallery, too, it shows how Miura himself imagines the colors, and it usually looks great! ;D

i get this errorwhen i try to view it:
The page you are attempting to access has been removed because it violated Angelfire's Terms of Service.

redria said:
i get this errorwhen i try to view it:
The page you are attempting to access has been removed because it violated Angelfire's Terms of Service.

Yea anglefire doesnt let u link pics but if u copy and paste the url its all good

Anywho i think it all looks pretty good. I would have liked green hair better :( but its still awesome ;) and the two pics def have different feels to em. Skully looks fine i think. Kool stuff

Majin_Tenshi

Berserk bright and colorful? Hot pink hair for slan? A bright green skullnight? Well, in my opinion the bright colors don't suit berserk. But how you color things is up to you.

I do love slan's eye though.
Her nipples seem odd... how they're shaded while the rest of her is "flat" in that panel... If you countour-shade the whole thing, that'll be fixed.

The partialy colored page gives a feeling something like "The Wizard of Oz" ...

DarkBlademaster

True, I know what you mean. I think the color i gave was too light... so i decided to change it... again.

http://img4.imagetown.net/52038190.gif

Majin_Tenshi

vast improvement
the hair looks great. The shadeing on the body isn't as well done (I'm aware the hair is simpler and easier). The face in the first panel is almost completely unconvincing. It took me a minute to figure out if you'd given the face a color gradient or if you were trying to shade/shadow it.

I like slan's colors a lot more, but I still think that the fact that shes composed of corpse pieces in this scene should dominate the color selection.

Right now, Skullknight looks like hes made of plastic. If you're going for metal looking armor, you'll have to darken it quite a bit. Shiny metal, if you look closely, is actualy darker then it appears, its the reflection and specular light that makes it seem light.

I still hold that skully should be bone white/ivory...

(better then I can do, I've never even tried, but I can find places to improve for ya)

i think you should change skull knights armor color as well. might just be me, but the red seems more suitable, seeing as she's made of troll corpse

DarkBlademaster

Well sorry for the long wait guys. Heres skully's armor redone, along with his horse (and slann's skin a little bit). Compared to the old armor, I say it came out pritty good, even though it still could be improved. Now its on to Guts! (The poll has been reset, feel free to vote).

http://img5.imagetown.net/31456168.gif

Edit: SHIT! I dont know if its the new BBS version or its just my short term memory, but I cant seem to figure out how to reset the poll. I swear I could do it before...

Top Bottom