The Anime VS The Manga aka The Story of BERSERK

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
All_4_Yume said:
And then they have to find a convient way to explain the Gaiseric mythology and make a new whole scene to introduce Puck.

Right. Forgot about him. D'oh, I guess.

Uh huh, what about a little thing called climax? I'm not going to mention what Guts is gonna do with no Godhand to fight.

Well, a climax isn't the only way to end a story, you know. Anyway, that was assuming the story would end then and there.

Well in actuality the Golden Era (Taka no Dan arc) is really about the flashback of Guts life up until now. If they wouldn't have butchered the Blackswordsman arc anime viewers would know Guts is crazy, pissed off, doesn't give a fuck, and then the Golden Era shows why Guts is out of his mind. That's why it starts off with Guts being found under his momma's hanging corpse. It's also isn't outta whack chronologically like the anime by starting off with young Guts killing homie with the big axe. In a nutshell:

Blackswordsman basic theme-This mofo is crazy!!!

Golden Era basic theme-Ahhh...that's why this mofo is crazy!

Sure, it's the background to the rest of the manga. That doesn't change the fact that what basically happens, is the story of Griffith. Gatsu's more or less just along for the ride.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
I was of the opinion that the actions of griffith (and his story) are the background... that the true story in the Taka No Dan arc was the interaction between Guts, Griffith, and Caska

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
yesterday i read vol 23, heh...

i gotta say that this volume (and vol 22 which i read a few days ago) changed my view of the manga _entirely_.
Berserk is on Taka No Dan level again!
When i was done reading 23 yesterday i virtually wasn't able to do anything than think about griffith and guts for half an hour or so. It was just like after i was done watching the 25 anime episode... a very similar experience indeed. wow, i liked those two volumes _a whole lot_ better than the couple of volumes before (especially 18-21).

Well I knew that things would change again, and that Griffith would be reborn and most of the other stuff from the board, but reading the thing is another story. "My dream, i won't betray that's all." heh.
Griffith's neo hawks are so cool. I enjoy seeing them major badass men like Grunveld, Locus, Locks and Irvine in action.

and yeah forget what i said about farnese not being able to chill with them veterans like judeau and caska. Her character is well-grounded enough for that purpose.

yet still my point that Taka No Dan is by far the best part of the epos is unchanged. And since 22 it's Taka No Dan for the manga again, if you ask me! Yeah!

-TS

Top Bottom