The Shadows of Darkness

Skullknightfire

~Flesh to Blood to Bone~
The shadows between this realm and the next are only here as the fire within our own lives burns and grows. Who else has been in a near death experience and took something away from that place?

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
As a kid I fell off of a bluff, running from people that I thought were Cannibals, During my fall I thought I saw the Reaper, but since I was able to walk away from the high fall, with nothing more than a limp, and a bruised head, I thought that he was giving me a second chance.

The cannibals never saw me, and were really just people that belonged to the church that was on the top of the bluff, and I panicked when I saw them.:p

EDIT:Forgot to add that the Reaper I had thought I saw was truly a cone shaped stump in the shade.

Headless Death said:
As a kid I fell off of a bluff, running from people that I thought were Cannibals, During my fall I thought I saw the Reaper, but since I was able to walk away from the high fall, with nothing more than a limp, and a bruised head, I thought that he was giving me a second chance.

The cannibals never saw me, and were really just people that belonged to the church that was on the top of the bluff, and I panicked when I saw them.:p
Jesus, what a drama queen. ::)

Once I fell down the stairs leading into our basement which are like really steep and it was like i watched myself fall from  outside of my body and then when i smacked the floor i was back in my body. not near death but it was hella cool.

I know C has had one for real though.

This thread seems appropriate for any dribble, don't mind me contributing.

I have a unrelated hypothetical question for members here; say you meet up with the person who seems perfect for you as a great friend, but you find you care about them more than anyone and it seems she feels the same way about you. You eventually start a relationship before eventually having a change of heart and breaking up with you.
Now its one of the worst times in your life to deal with, you find it's impossible to get close to anyone since then because you are put off the whole idea but 18 months later when all is a memory the person starts talking to you again.

You get friendly with her again however via MSN, and after a month of talking to her, she only very recently admits to falling for you once again after so much has changed. You're still very fond of her yet you don't want to feel loss like previously ever again should things not work out. What then?

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Sparnage said:
You get friendly with her again however via MSN, and after a month of talking to her, she only very recently admits to falling for you once again after so much has changed. You're still very fond of her yet you don't want to feel loss like previously ever again should things not work out. What then?
Maybe...

I mean you have to take into consideration why you had a falling out previously, if it was because you just couldn't find common ground ie. no similarities or if you just got into lots of arguments about nothing.

I would need to know more information about the kind of situation it is.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
This topic just made me think of another of my favorite poems.
DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT by Dylan Thomas. :)

Sparnage, your hypothetical situation is difficult, but I would go by instinct. I would say this would be a battle of "wonder of what could be" Vs. "How bad is this going to be." However if the only fear is "What if we break up again?", and you have common ground to walk on, I would suggest trying it again, as long as the break-up was not malicious the first time. If the break-up was malicious, avoid it. :-\

i am not the greatest of anything,

but i do have an interesting story if you wish to partake :):

the setting: oct 26, 2002 11:00 am saturday morning

ok, well on old brick church pike,
a street only a few minutes away from my house,
i was driving towards my uncles house,
then i crashed,
i dont remember how or why
i was in a coma for 2 weeks
i dont drink, smoke, do drugs,
the police said maybe some gravel got under my tires, hit a deep ditch,
they said my truck rolled 9 times,
thats a bunch,

i was wearing my seatbelt
so i didnt get thrown out of my truck,
or i would be dead,
but when the truck was rolling over the ceiling came down and cracked my skull
i had a skull fracture,
one which took 200 staples and 497 stitches
anyways,
my truck landed straight up on its tires
i was just leaning over in the middle on the console
i was bleeding to death out of my brain,
i was unconscious of course
it was 11:00 am on saturday on a deserted back road
no traffic,
they said i had between 5-10 minutes and i would have bled to death
now heres comes the good part
this is why i dont believe in "coincidence",
and why I believe God slapped the hell out of me,
about a min after i crashed a lady drove by,
she got out and saw me and was like this isnt good,
out of all the people in the world, 6.4 BILLION to be more precise,
can you imagine what she was?
No?
no, not a nurse, a head trauma nurse,
It gets better,
she lives about 3 minutes away, but
If she goes home to get  her stuff and comes back, I will die,
her husband was home,
She called him as he was leaving for work,
Can you imagine what he was?
he just so happened to be,
: an E M T
so he came down and bandaged my head up,
kept me from bleeding to death,
if they hadnt been there just that instant i would have died,
because the ambulance took and hour to get there
and the life line helicopters were busy,
but it gets better
vanderbilt gave me a $128,000 bill
i didint have an extra 128,000
i prayed for about 6 months, during this 6 months my girlfiend at the time,(but I don’t wish to discuss that part), she helped me learn to walk again,
I didn’t have any insurance, stupid me,
But right at about 6 months,
then they called and said i dont owe anything
i didnt ask how or why, I said thank you,
and it gets better
amanda and ron
the head trauma nurse and her husband
happen to be in my sunday school class
thats freaky!
That means everything fell down in place perfect for me to be alive today,
The only real physical problems I have is my scars,
But they don’t bother me,
I had a very interesting dream in which I am actually writing a book about,
But when God gives you the back hand you find out who Jesus is real quick!

crash1.JPG

crash2.JPG

crash3.JPG

you can see where it caved in my head

i have one of me in a coma with alot of tubes coming out of me :-X, but i doubt you wanna see that,

ever since then i have turned alot of things around in my life,

and one small thing is, i found out who kentaro miura was and his very fascinating wonderful story of Berserk,

which is why i am here,

well thats what happened to me,

have a nice evening,God bless you, and drive safe damnitt!!  :)

- c

-C, you are awsome, thats something that Gutts wouldn't live through.

-Sparnage, go for it, seriously just bringing up this topic makes me feel really bad of what i didn't do.

why thank you all,

but all i did, was happen to stay alive, with a little help  ;D,

but thank you for being nice, usually people are yelling at me  :(,

merry Christmas!!!!!

Ill be at work alot from now until then, so i figured i would say it now in case i couldnt later,

- c  :)

ps. and something amazing happened today, it has to do with my wreck, the head nurse who stopped, and her husband, i knew them from church, the nurse at the  hospital was a man from where i works daughter, and today, a man came up to me and said do i know you from some where? he asked me if i knew (^%** , and i did, it was my aunts father, the guy was a man i knew when i was 16-17, he painted one of my trucks, he just so happen to recognize me because he was on the fire engine that came to pick me up!!!!!!!   :eek:, after 2 years i met him, less than an hour ago!! God works in mysterious ways, i guess i can be Mysterious C, or you may still refer to me as Uber-Handsome C 8)

have a nice evening, and once again, wear a seatbelt!!, if you dont ill post some pictures of why you need to  ;)

I have nothing as heroing. I almost chocked to death on a quarter I fell of a chouch at 2 and broke my shoulder when I could have hit and shattered my head and finnally my fathers car had a bomb put in it and it exploded the day before I was supposed to see him. The FBI did shit so the guy who did it is still making bombs to this day. My father continued what he was doing (human rights) and they didn't bomb again. Which probably be credited to either luck or the fact that he would become a marter and strengthen his case.

Her name is Renae, and things already seem like a fucking complicated mess between us already, I'm getting out of this ASAP. What a fucking moron I was to think it might actually work.

C said:
have a nice evening, and once again, wear a seatbelt!!, if you dont ill post some pictures of why you need to ;)

I actually want to see these pics, can you post them?

i dont think it would be good to post on here,

if you really want to see, which i dont know why you would,

it was kinda a point you need to wear a seat-belt thing,

i might send some to you over im, holla at me

- c

ps. just wear a seat belt, you dont want your friends to tell people how great you "were"  :-X

C said:
i dont think it would be good to post on here,

if you really want to see, which i dont know why you would,

it was kinda a point you need to wear a seat-belt thing,

i might send some to you over im, holla at me

- c

ps. just wear a seat belt, you dont want your friends to tell people how great you "were"  :-X

Well if you get the time to send them then please do, I wouldn't mind.

Top Bottom