The Sword

Ironhorse

Death comes to us all.  How and when is my choice
I've been surfing around on swords-online.com lately and they have a lot of replicas of swords used in movies/shows. They also take custom requests if you have the money. I wonder how much it would cost to get a decorative sword (not functional) like Guts's made.
Some of my friends have collections of swords, but they would probably crap their pants if they saw one that big sitting in my room ;).

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
how much would it cost? ummm...I'm gonna go with...ALOT!!! :p

I guess it would mainly depend on what metals and materials you want to use. So I wouldnt be surprised if it would cost thousands.

Bye the way, how are swords made these days?? Are they manufactured in metal shops by machines or are there still blacksmiths around nowadays?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Only a master like Godo can do such a beautiful thing !
Anyway, I have a sword ( not from your site ) and the blade is really sharpingly cool, I believe it's a special blade ( it's right, the celtics used some different technique in the making of a blade, can't explain )
You could be astonished by the length and the weighth of the Dragon Slayer if you would happen to have it : some of 'sorry it's too big to come into the plane or the ship, moreover, it could make it sink, and if you wanna look like a potato, weild it just a sec.'
i'm dumb ! :-[

D

Drachenfels

i'm dumb ! :-[

So true.... ;)

EDIT: I don't think they would make such a "sword". Maybe you should order it from a artist that works with metal.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
So true.... ;)

14320b70.jpg

;D

D

Drachenfels

Seems like I can't really view that page:
http://angelicdreams.com/Imagine/anime/Cons/images/gallery/otakon00/ota055. jpg

Can anyone upload the link to a homepage and give a link?

BOB

poruno sutâ
i wonder if he just was in the women's toilet or if he's about to go in there?????????

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
i wonder if he just was in the women's toilet or if he's about to go in there?????????
i guess he won t use toilets at all because of his big "sword"...
....whenever he wants...whereever he wants....

:p

Minion

Heh...
I posted this a minute ago in the other thread...

http://www.geocities.com/jbeelz/berserk_dragonslayer.html

I found this on a hotline server that I download from =P

Not sure where the guy who uploaded it got it from but that guy did a pretty good job recreating the sword.

If you look at the stack of plastic shells behind him it looks like they're in the shape of the sword so I'm assuming he was there (at the whatever festival in summer of 1998?) selling them.

It's unlikely you'll be able to get one made by a professional blacksmith without them making it in two pieces and welding it together (which would look like shit and odds are in a couple years it would come apart) the main reason for this is because it's what? 5-6 feet big? I doubt you'll find a forge that large just sitting in some guys garage who sells swords online.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Look at the lil midget holding it :D

Man, some people will do anything for anime, but fair play to him, that is a damn good replica :eek:

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I don't think it would cost that much to have the Dragonslayer replicated.
1. Simple design
2. it's not like it has gold detailing to up the material costs
3.I don't think you could immitate the Dragonslayer without it being functional(assuming you could swing it)

bakaneko

Current favorite character : Tohru Honda
you could try making the sword out of titanium.. I believe that is the most durable and light weight metal around... but wielding it one-handed..in your dreams.. :p

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Durable yes, light weight HELL NO. I don't think. 8)

Hmmm, it would cost a shitload. My Godfather had a samurai sword (forged the proper way) imported and sharpened the blade himself, and that alone cost him £1500 or so, not including the importing fees.

So, if its £1500 for a simple No-Dachi, imagine how much the DragonSlayer would cost... :eek:

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Katanas(no-daichis, ect) are made with an extremly time consuming process, so since it is "forged the proper way" of course it costs a lot.

The Dragonslayer would have rather simple construction.
Titanium is everywhere so it can't be too expensive. But, the strenght it is known for, is found in ALLOYS, not plain titanium. I think that plain iron would be appropriot.

You could probably send swords-online some pictures and have them give you an estimate.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Majin Tenshi said:
Katanas(no-daichis, ect) are made with an extremly time consuming process, so since it is "forged the proper way" of course it costs a lot.

The Dragonslayer would have rather simple construction.
Titanium is everywhere so it can't be too expensive.  But, the strenght it is known for, is found in ALLOYS, not plain titanium.  I think that plain iron would be appropriot.  

You could probably send swords-online some pictures and have them give you an estimate.

You gotta be kidding right? Titanium is expensive as hell.

I say make the sword out of plastics (no not lego plastics)

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
DarkDragoon said:
You could always just ask this guy how much it would cost:
http://home.att.net/~Steven.Licata/

http://www.scescape.net/~woods/elements/titanium.html

The price of titanium metal powder (99.95%) is about $100/lb.

I've seen clouds buster sword hand forged before... it was about 48-1/2" total length and weighed about 14.0 pounds. Also had a full tang design and his very sharp.. well from what the description says... sold for about 400 bucks... I asked them if they could make the Dragon Slayer for me... they already said yes, but didn't even know what it was... still haven't sent the specs, but I'm thinkin they might back off once i show the pics.. haha.. i want the sword made accurate so that only strong people could lift it.. heheh..

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
kupo 9 said:
I've seen clouds buster sword hand forged before...  it was about 48-1/2" total length and weighed about 14.0 pounds.  Also had a full tang design and his very sharp.. well from what the description says... sold for about 400 bucks...  I asked them if they could make the Dragon Slayer for me... they already said yes, but didn't even know what it was... still haven't sent the specs, but I'm thinkin they might back off once i show the pics.. haha.. i want the sword made accurate so that only strong people could lift it.. heheh..

made accurately it would weigh at least 500 pounds

Top Bottom