To stab a politician.

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Alright, just because the UK is a shit hole and has naught better to do than suck up to Dubya, don't assume Sweden is too. Sweden rules!

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Kuroi-san said:
Alright, just because the UK is a shit hole and has naught better to do than suck up to Dubya, don't assume Sweden is too. Sweden rules!

I wouldn't be able to concentrate in Sweden with all those leggy Swedish girls around. :D

The orgy of xenophobic self-pity is proudly celebrated the world over. Boo fucking hoo to all the jingoistic tribesmen out there and the eternal suffering they’re people have experienced at the hands of whoever.

-Griffith

Well, my point wasn't to show which nation is more deserving to wallow in their own self-pity but to simply point out to some Americans that their own suffering over 9/11 is overblown.

Anyhow, I generally agree with your "who gives a fuck" sentiment. :p

Well, it IS natural to mourn more over an incident that happens to you or your country more so than if it happens to someone else. You don't go up to a kid who's crying over the death of a dog, and tell them to shut up because somewhere somebody else lost a parent. A lot of Americans mourn September 11th, but I haven't heard anybody claiming that America is the only country who's ever suffered, or that this is the worst thing that's ever happened. What's unique about 9/11 to Americans should be fairly obvious: it's local, and it's recent.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
lye said:
actully was just kinding

Yes, your post was just dripping with wit and sarcasm. Hard to miss that. ::)

Anyhow, my post was also in response to your previous post regarding how Americans were mourning 9/11.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
This topic brings a certain quote from "Aristocats" to mind. "Everybody wants to be a cat." Now everybody wants to have the spotlight and think their country should be mourned so lets mourn each others losses and do unto others as you want done unto you. Now sometimes when you something sad happens you want to cry and thats okay it's okay to cry sometimes, we all have emotions we need to deal with. On a rainy day sometimes I read the cat in the hat and on a snowy day I read the cat in the hat comes back these are both good pieces of literature. To me a good piece of literature has interesting and dynamic characters. The cat in the hat is interesting as he is a talking cat he is dynamic because he simmers down and cleans up his mess at the end of the books. Good pieces of literature also have good and interesting plots. These stories have great plots about a cat who wants to help kids have fun and makes a mess that they have to clean up before mother sees or else there will be spankings

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Sir Crumpet said:
This topic brings a certain quote from "Aristocats" to mind. "Everybody wants to be a cat." Now everybody wants to have the spotlight and think their country should be mourned so lets mourn each others losses and do unto others as you want done unto you. Now sometimes when you something sad happens you want to cry and thats okay it's okay to cry sometimes, we all have emotions we need to deal with. On a rainy day sometimes I read the cat in the hat and on a snowy day I read the cat in the hat comes back these are both good pieces of literature. To me a good piece of literature has interesting and dynamic characters. The cat in the hat is interesting as he is a talking cat he is dynamic because he simmers down and cleans up his mess at the end of the books. Good pieces of literature also have good and interesting plots. These stories have great plots about a cat who wants to help kids have fun and makes a mess that they have to clean up before mother sees or else there will be spankings

How old are you 10?

Top Bottom