What is your favorite band/artist?

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
ranemaka13 said:
Jesus Eddie, I love the Shins too, I think they're the greatest, but you don't have to mention them in every post, you know.
hah I've kinda been into them a little too much, I prolly mention them without knowing it. Jesus, I listened to them in lunch, then again in AP American (ahahahahaha we're all getting 1s), then again on the bus, and now when I got home, and...yeah wow, I think I should listen to the CDs in slots 1, 2 & 3...I can't even remeber what they were...

Eddie said:
hah I've kinda been into them a little too much, I prolly mention them without knowing it. Jesus, I listened to them in lunch, then again in AP American (ahahahahaha we're all getting 1s), then again on the bus, and now when I got home, and...yeah wow, I think I should listen to the CDs in slots 1, 2 & 3...I can't even remeber what they were...
I've gotten quite use to that routine.

ranemaka13 said:
I love that show!  ;D
LOL, i never really watched the show "Six Feet Under" but i have seen The Death Metal band Six Feet Under (not live sad to say). and i must say they are pretty dammed hard.

GreatDoobieMan

I CANT FEEL MY FACE!
i like modest mouse but ive been a fan sence "Building Nothing Out of Something" like 5 or 6 years ago if no one knew it but they have been out since the mid 90's i also love The Pixies in fact im stoked cause i get to see both of them live next month

Ten Favorite Bands/Artist
1.  David Bowie
2.  Manic Street Preachers
3.  Nine Inch Nails
4.  Cat Stevens
5.  Beatles, The
6.  Doors, The
7.  Cure, The
8.  Guess Who, The
9.  Three Dog Night
10. Bob Dylan

Dream Theater
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Black Light Syndrome/Bozzio Levin Stevens

Basically just progressive stuff. I mostly listen to Dream Theater.

I'll throw in some Metallica and Tool...every now and then.

All bands on this list are only included because of early albums:
Disturbed (Are You Breathing)
One Evanecence song (track 11, so sue me)
Mozart (Day of Anger is awesome)
Susumu Hirawasa (Forces and all it's remixes)
Beatles (Hello Darkness my Old Friend)
Iced Earth (My Own Savior and Slave to the Dark)
Harry Gregson (Snake Eater and his other beutiful and sad game tracks from the MGS series)

BiQ_

" ... "
Mostly Finnish bands which are probably quite unknown for the general public of this forum:
CMX, (no relation to DC comics' manga division thingy)
Y.U.P.,
Absoluuttinen nollapiste, (translates as "absolute zero", proge-ish music)
and so on...
Aside from those, well... Rammstein and Metallica, I guess. Faith no More, too.

Suckas better reckonize! Y'all know Pixies be my favorite. Other bands that have captured my soul (via my ears) are Guided By Voices, Nirvana, Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet, Talking Heads, Mark Mulcahy, and also other things.

The Shins are pretty good, I have both albums but I certainly don't cream my jeans over them, a few too many songs are similar, some are just meh. Some are great though.

I happen to have The Sounds of Silence on vinyl, used to listen to that back in the day.

I noticed somebody mentioned My Bloody Valentine. Now I know lots of people hail them as hypergods, but I got an album, and FUCK. It was terrible! Didn't even sound like they were all trying to play the same song. The drumming was just pathetic. I let two of my friends hear it, and they wholeheartedly agreed that the pain inflicted upon listening was akin to having your ass-fat scooped out with a spork.

The End.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Mormegil said:
Dream Theater
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Black Light Syndrome/Bozzio Levin Stevens

Basically just progressive stuff. I mostly listen to Dream Theater.

I'll throw in some Metallica and Tool...every now and then.
Nice, except that last sentence, I'll have to ask you what albums of Metallica's you'll throw in every now and then. Seems like you like Virtuoso Guitarists. Have you ever listened to Yngwie? or are you one of those Yngwie haters?

The bands/artists that most people associate with me are Tears for Fears, David Bowie, Prince, Steely Dan, The Moody Blues, or Shudder to Think (for those who know them). I mean I guess I set myself up for it by singing eitheir life on mars, shout, nights in white satin, peg, deacon blues, or lets go crazy in class.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
KMFDM
PIG (ray watts is god)
Nine Inch Nails
Kidney Thieves
Ministry

Notice a pattern?
That's right!
I LOVE INDUSTRIAL!

fine, here's three other artists that are not industrial..
System of a Down
Soul Coughing
2pac

Top Bottom