What's your favorite video games?

redria said:
I have Duke Nukem: Shrapnel City and Duke Nukem 2
both cool games.

ok i wanted to ask if anybody ever heard of an old Fighting game called Time Killers?

it was fuckin sick :eek: i mean a real hardcore gore fest lol. and dammed fun.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Oltobaz said:
It wasn't that bad...what about Ted's appearance, 150 years before the first Suikoden?

Ted's appearance was a nice touch, but that doesn't make up for the flaws.

I'll admit the main character should have had a voice of his own, but he isn't all that bland,
he's a serious, focused character, ultimately a tragic character, he's not so different from the
main char in the first Suiko, actually...

McDohl pulled off the silent (or nearly silent) bit off better, due to early choices of mischief, and then the scenes with Gremio, Teo, and Ted. 2's hero was about the same as 4's, but was helped a lot more by the supporting cast. 3 had the best characterization of all of the protagonists, and the group interplay was great. For the most part, 4's cast wasn't written as well.

There's a high encounter rate, no doubt, then again these encounters never last for too long, and
there's this "let go" option available after a while. Honestly, I'm not even sure the encounter rate is that much higher than in the other Suikos, I knowit really didn't bother me...

It just seemed kinda silly once you get the rune that allows you to beat all enemies weaker than you instantly. I like the rune, mind you.

Admittedly, it's not the best looking RPG out there, but it's worth playing if you're into the series.

I never said it wasn't, I just said it was dissapointing compared to previous games. And I can't rank it as a favorite when Shadowhearts: Covenant blew it out of the water.

The sea battles could have been interesting, but there's this option which lets you almost skip them by allowing your crew to fight them out for you...
Compared to Suiko 3, the main story is really too short, but enjoyable, really...

I like the plot, but it was missing the usual atmosphere. It never really built to a crescendo.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Woland said:
Ted's appearance was a nice touch, but that doesn't make up for the flaws.
Yeah but I have to say, having Ted made that game alot cooler, just because
McDohl pulled off the silent (or nearly silent) bit off better, due to early choices of mischief, and then the scenes with Gremio, Teo, and Ted.  2's hero was about the same as 4's, but was helped a lot more by the supporting cast.  3 had the best characterization of all of the protagonists, and the group interplay was great.  For the most part, 4's cast wasn't written as well.
Thats true and I want to touch along the things that annoyed me about suiko4

1. No Yuber, at first I said "ah it makes sense yuber's not there, must be in the scarlet moon empire", but that really shouldn't be the case, after the gate rune wars weren't Yuber and Windy looking for the soul eater? and I'd assume Yuber would have alot more flexibility around that.
2. WHY IS JEANE IN THE GAME? What true rune does she have? You can't just plop a character into a game because she's risque (unless it's a fighting game).
3. Why do they choose to move away from Harmonia so much? Suikogaiden really got me intrested in Harmonia, why feel the need to put the setting in a place harmonia can't get to?
4. too easy to get to lvl 99, just keep training, far far too easy.
5. far too short
6. couldn't they throw in another country or something? I mean just you vs them is boring, I liked having scattered enemies, I would've loved to see the scarlet moon empire get involved and have some McDohl ancestor or something.
7. why only 4 characters, 6 characters seperated suikoden form alot of series.

I hope suiko 5 touches upon harmonia in some way.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
1. That's true. I was surprised not to see him.

2. Wait, she probably actually has a True Rune, we just don't know which one yet.
Plus, she's a renowned Rune master, that makes it even more plausible.

3. We saw a lot of Harmonians in Suiko 3.They tend to focus on different parts of the world in
each episode.

4. The game isn't too difficult anyway. The other Suikos weren't very challenging either, actually.

5. That's true. Longer than the fisrt one, though, which was amazingly short.

6. Yeah, I'd have loved to see the Scarlet Moon Empire, I'd have loved to see another country...I remember when I finished the fisrt Suiko, I was like "why didn't they show the Jowston federation, supposed to be a bitter enemy of the empire". I understand the feeling.

7. That's right, and what happened to the back row system?

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Oltobaz said:
2. Wait, she probably actually has a True Rune, we just don't know which one yet.
Plus, she's a renowned Rune master, that makes it even more plausible.

No, I think it was officially stated Jeane doesn't have a true rune. She dropped a hint in S3 when you talked to her while controlling the dog. Seems she herself isn't quite natural.

ShinHell9

Oltobaz said:
3. We saw a lot of Harmonians in Suiko 3.They tend to focus on different parts of the world in
each episode.
well it all started in suikoden 2 I think, Harmonians were some mysetrious yet powerful country, I could remeber that much. Both Suikogaidens lead back to something about harmonia, whatever it may be, in 3 we got to actually see harmonians. But in 4 I don't even now if harmonia exists, I don't remeber hearing it mentioned.

as for Jeane it's possible she had a true rune, but if that were the case why wouldn't she have used that against highland when defending greenhill (I can't remeber if that was the name haha)? (suikogaiden 1 shows it)

ShinHell9

oh! another problem I had with suikoden 4 is...

They had chinochrin, but no chinochrin music, YOU NEED THE CHINOCHRIN MUSIC TO PLAY CHINOCHRIN!

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Final Fantasy 6(Six in anthology)
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Chrono Trigger
Xenogears
Secret of Mana
Seiken Densetsu 3
Legend of Mana
Guilty Gear X2
Unreal II
Phantom Dust
Pokemon Red/Blue and to a lesser extent Gold/Silver

No real order.

Wah wah wah said:
Final Fantasy 6(Six in anthology)
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Chrono Trigger
Xenogears
Secret of Mana
Seiken Densetsu 3
Legend of Mana
Guilty Gear X2
Unreal II
Phantom Dust
Pokemon Red/Blue and to a lesser extent Gold/Silver

No real order.
thats a damn good list (especially the squaresoft games ;D). i have to admit that i have never played any Pokemon though. I'm probably like one of the only people who still hasn't. ill get around to it someday. are you supposed to play them in any order or something?

Well anyway i have great news. well its kind of old news but i never got around to posting about it. now if any of you have ever seen a great fucking movie called "The Warriors" (from the 80's) then i have good news for you. Rockstar will be releasing the game
The Warriors 10/17/05
well thats the date that i found so far. and if Rockstar made it, I'm thinking its going to be completely insane. i just hope the game sticks to the story line. Oh and while I'm talking about Rockstar,
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition will be released 6/14 on the PSP

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
DarthVenom said:
thats a damn good list (especially the squaresoft games ;D). i have to admit that i have never played any Pokemon though. I'm probably like one of the only people who still hasn't. ill get around to it someday. are you supposed to play them in any order or something?
Thanks, and the order you play the pokemon games in doesn't really matter; though due to their larger amount of extra features, I would say that Gold and Silver have a slightly steeper learning curve as opposed to the nearly non-existant one in Red and Blue.

"Griffith No More!" said:
yeah Sonic is one of the Greats. its just sad how Sega went into the toilet because of they're sad mistakes. SegaCD & 32X and a few other stupid decisions. when i was young i could never have imagined playing Sonic on a Nintendo system. but oh well they had a hell of a run. and are a pretty good software company now. hopefully somewhere down the line they make another system. and not only make 3 games for it, then stop all production of all games for it >:(

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite video game is Nintendogs.

40/40 by Famitsu 5th game to ever get the perfect score in history +80,000 units sold the first day OMG PWN4G3 PSP L0ZERZ!! 95000 NDS / 33000 PSP SOLD LAST WEEK!

B0007XQ4A0.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

PS: How cute. ;D

PS2: Berserk, MGS series, Tekken
XBOX: Halo 1/2, Ninja Gaiden, Doom 3 (lol i like it)
Gamecube: Resident Evil.....yea thats it for GC... :p
DC: Berserk, Soul Calibur, Air Force Delta

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DarthVenom said:
i still don't have it and its driving me crazy. I'm about to just break down and get the Japanese version (the only version)

I advise you to do just that.

Aazealh said:
I advise you to do just that.
yeah i know i should (and probably will)  but i don't know if i should wait until the E3 ??? or what. because if there is any hope of it being released in English ill just wait.

*EDIT*

ok now if any of you guys love Final Fantasy 7. then i got something for you. if you don't like it ::) too bad lol. well i think this is going to be Final Fantasy 7-2 all i know is that its a spinoff of FF7 and its going to be coming out for PSP

DOUBLE POST
story
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/crisiscorefinalfantasyvii/news.html

heres a screenshot
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/crisiscorefinalfantasyvii/screens.html?page=1

Top Bottom