Who has a Guts Black Swordsman action figure?

conan

Until next time...
Who has the AOW 8" Guts Black Swordsman figure and which version do you have?

How does everyone display theirs?

Does anyone have multiples?

Just wondering as I have over 10 of this one figure and it is by far my favorite action figure I own (and I own over 3,500 figures!).

I have three displayed-

1) the original version with the ball jointed neck and four throwing daggers on his chest. However, I replaced his right hand w/ a Guts Hawk Soldier hand and made a custom base for him using sculpty. He now stands with his knee up and foot atop a rock. I plan to replace the rock with a "demon/ apostle" head (custom) as soon as I get time to make one.

2) Calm face w/ custom blood splatter paint application- Guts is holding the DS in his right hand w/ his gun arm open. He also stands on a custom base.

3) My favorite is the mad faced version w/ red eye and blood splatter. He's holding the DS in both hands and is standing on a custom "rocky dirt" base w/ a demon's skull and helmet on the ground. The DS is covered in blood and two of his daggers are missing from his chest dagger belt...

Just thought I'd share...

pics when I get the time...

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Well Here are some miscellaneous pictures I took of my collection last month. Since then I've also obtained a Casca ceremonial statue prototype, and a guts plush. :)
But yes, I have a couple, My bloody guts is still in the branded box though.

Nice pictures Headless! I see that you've kept the Black Swordsman PVC Exclusive figure in its box for safe keeping =)

Hey, but one thing I noticed, on your Casca figure, I believe the helmet is supposed to rest in her left arm hehehe ;D

Anyways, for me, I just own the original Black Swordsman action figure w/o the diorama. Right now it's sitting in an upside down fish tank on top of my DVD rack, hehehe.

fishtank.jpg

conan

Until next time...
great collections guys!

I love the way you have Guts and femto fighting...

they really do need to make a new griffith figure in his new armor and a berserker armor guts figure too (I'm sure we'll see a berserker armor soon!)

I'll try to post pics of my collection early next week. I have one whole shelf w/ my Berserk figs...

Zoddo PVC apostle form, Skull knight, mini skully, Guts "Battle Damaged" PVC proto, Guts BS w/ red eye, Zoddo human form, Femto, Guts Magun mini, guts birth feast mini, Griffith and Caska, Griffith mini, and Guts Hawk Soldier (red cape). I have both the tree and castle dios for my Guts figures, but they take up too much room IMO so they aren't on display...

pics soon!

Keep posting your collections!!

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
DirectDK said:
Nice pictures Headless! I see that you've kept the Black Swordsman PVC Exclusive figure in its box for safe keeping =)
It's still extremly tempting to open him. Soon I will need to buy a normal version. :)
DirectDK said:
Hey, but one thing I noticed, on your Casca figure, I believe the helmet is supposed to rest in her left arm hehehe ;D
That sure explains the hell of a time I had trying to keep it on her head. ;D

Here is my big Guts, he is surrounded by others, but this is him!!!! 8)

gutss.JPG

Nice and clean, the C way. ;D

- C

Hello fellow SK followers...I visit this site about once a day, though i don't say much, i like everybodys insights. Below is a pic i took( i love photography) of the only pvc statue i have of berserk, which is the Guts Black Swordsman battle damaged pvc statue. I also have the mercenary Guts action figure. I'd like to get that one berserk statue, of Guts riding on his horse during his hawk days. Though probably too expensive and sooo rare to find. I also used the pic for my avatar. :-[ :-\ ???

Guts_Berserk.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
attreau said:
Hello fellow SK followers...

Hi attreau, nice picture. :) It isn't being displayed however because Guts' name is automatically corrected to the right spelling on this board, you need to change your link in order for it to work.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
great pictures everyone!
the only guts figure I own is the bloody black swordsman that I
got from the branded box. but after seeing some of your pictures I want to get one to take out of the package and display it.

conan

Until next time...
The branded box Guts is my favorite...includes ALL of the accessories as well as the "bloody" paint app.

I only wish he had the "mad" facial expression as it seems he'd be mad more than calm...

but I like the calm too...

Here is a pic of my Berserk stuff on display
343%3A884723232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3254%3E4%3B7%3E4%3A%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3232977937956nu0mrj

Zoddo Apostle PVC fig, Zoddo Human fig, Skullknight fig, Femto fig, Guts Magun mini-fig, "Mad" Guts BS w/ bloody paint job, Guts Birth Feast mini-fig (almost off picture)

343%3A884723232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2345%3D5%3A8%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323886%3A28296ot1lsi

Close up of Guts w/ the custom base I made.
The sword's pommel has been glued on so I have to replace the hands/arm to change swords. The sword is the one included with the PVC statue. I liked it better than the regular one.

343%3A884723232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2345%3D5%3A8%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323886%3A2%3B5%3C3ot1lsi

Close-up shot of the Zoddo Apostle PVC figure w/o wings (custom "bloody" paint job too! :D)

343%3A884723232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2345%3D5%3A8%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323886%3A2849%3Bot1lsi

my original Guts BS w/ custom "rock" base. I'm gonna switch out the rock for an apostle head when I get time to work on it...

343%3A884723232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2345%3D5%3A8%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323886%3A259%3B5ot1lsi

PVC statue w/ custom base and custom "bloody" paint job

Hope you like...

conan

Until next time...
the statues are too expensive for me, so I stay with the action figures.

Though that PVC Zoddo apostle cost a pretty penny ($120.oo). that's about 75% of the way to a statue right there.

I kindof figured there would be a lot of Guts action figure owners on this site. I just wondered if you all actually "played" with them or if you all "displayed" them. I actually play with mine, if by "playing" you consider reposing, painting, customizing, and dueling with my McFarlane Toys' Conan figures and the numerous other action figures I have lying around. I had Master Chief from Halo 2 square off against Guts the other day, which was pretty unfair since MC's bullets bounced off the Dragonslayer and then Guts blasted him with his arm cannon. Course, it was the Dragonslayer that cleaned MC's clock... :D

thanks for sharing your collections folks!

Keep 'em coming!!

conan

Until next time...
they are actually really easy to make...

receipt for "perfect blood" paint is simple:
about two ounces of water, tablespoon of red enamel paint, tablespoon of red acyric paint, shake all three up in a bottle or cup, and apply as needed...

a cool way to apply red "blood" paint is to take a small seringe (sp?) that you give shots with, take off the needle (or don't buy one at all!) and fill it up with your red paint solution. shoot all of the paint out of it and suck up air right after. there will still be some red paint left inside and then point the seringe at the figure and spray the air at it. tiny droplets of the paint will spray the figure and look as if he has been in a battle or fight. This is a cool way to apply the paint.

I more often than not use a broad paint brush and a slightly more watery solution and just coat my figure in blood. I then use a dry paper towel to soak up any spots that look "too bloody" (whatever that means in the world of Berserk right!?!? :D)

Works great...

I'm going to work on my apostle base today and will try to have pics up this weekend...

JCH

conan

Until next time...
OK...here are the pics of the apostle head base I completed. 

I used the basic black round base included with every Guts BS figure, and, since the Guts' figure that I am using had a knee joint break a while back, I had to use a monster head that would properly balance the figure on his one good leg and one "glued" leg.

I used the head from a Malbolgia figure from McFarlane Toys' Spawn Series 17 (I think?).  The head and arm were cut off of the figure and then glued down to the base.  Red blood was then added.

Pretty easy IMO.

343%3A%3B58323232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3254%3E4%3B7%3E4%3A%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D323297847%3A%3C38nu0mrj

343%3A%3B58323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2345%3D5%3A8%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E232388756%3A2%3B2ot1lsi

343%3A%3B58323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2345%3D5%3A8%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E232388756%3B676ot1lsi

343%3A%3B58323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2345%3D5%3A8%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E232388756%3A69%3Aot1lsi

343%3A%3B58323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2345%3D5%3A8%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E232388756%3B964ot1lsi

343%3A%3B58323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2345%3D5%3A8%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E232388756%3B868ot1lsi

As you can see above and below, there is a usable joint in the arm on the dead apostle, so it can be moved and posed to make it look like it is still alive or "jerking" after it's been decapitated... :D
343%3A%3B58323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2345%3D5%3A8%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E232388756%3B%3A66ot1lsi

Nice bloody repaint... just a tip though ... i find that clear red is more realistic for making blood look..
The one i use is Tamiya Clear Red... it's a blend of red and a touch of black in clear form so it looks realistic :)
x_27_clear_red.jpg

Hey DK i noticed in one of your pics you have a Samurai X(kenshin) figure, and i was wondering is that the one made from Yamato and if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost you and where did you buy it from?? thnxs

VashTheStampede said:
Hey DK i noticed in one of your pics you have a Samurai X(kenshin) figure, and i was wondering is that the one made from Yamato and if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost you and where did you buy it from?? thnxs

Hey hey, hmmm... I don't remember if they were by Yamato, but I think you're right. I got them several years ago... probably at least 3-4 years ago, and to my knowledge they've been out-of-print since then. Even when I got them (which was soon after they were released), they were running pretty low on stock everywhere.

I bought them from a local anime store, but I've seen them on ebay every so often. They can get pretty expensive now-a-days, getting up to 100+ for all 4 figures. It's a possiblity that some anime stores still have a few of them in stock, but the only sure-fire way is to keep checking ebay.

On the other hand, the story-image Kenshin figures are pretty damn awesome. I have those figure sets too. They are cheaper than the OAV ones you are asking about and easier to find.

VashTheStampede said:
If you don't mind could you maybe post some pics of the other sets you have>? thnxs.

Nope, I don't mind, but I'm too lazy right now =P. But here's a YJ auction for all 4 of them: http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n15767896

kaoru12789-img600x294-1111905309kenshin047a.jpg

kaoru12789-img600x150-1111905330kenshin047j-u.jpg

Haha, the starting bid is 23,000 yen ($230) and the buy-it-now price is 68,000 yen ($680). Don't worry... I'm POSITIVE you can get them for cheaper!!!

VashTheStampede said:
well here is one ebay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...22&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores but im pretty sure those aren't as high grade as the ones your talking about. Do you know what kind of quality those are listed in the ebay auction(fragile, poorly made, etc.)?

Nah, those are the Story Image Figures I was telling you about. There are 3 sets so far (the one you linked is set 3), and all of them are reallllllllly nice. They are very well made for being action figures and for the size of what they are. The poses are really dynamic too. I personally like the story image sets better than those OAV ones I have. It's a shame though, because I like the OAVs more than the TV series.

Top Bottom