Who will repair the DS?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well it occured to me that with all the fighting that Gut's is doing...It is only a matter of time that the DS breaks... I remember (not sure which voume) but when Godo repairs it. I remember all the cracks and shite on it. With their current situation, I think it would be VERY VERY bad to say the least if it broke on him anytime soon. Also is he going to go ALL the way back to Rickert to get it fixed? Or since it has magical properties that it will make it tougher to destroy? What do you guys think?

Bill

Daydreaming....
Its magically properties might make it tougher but perhaps Flora can buff it up some? Or when they reach the elves? If all else fails he can ask Skully for tips ;)

That reminds me, if the DS now has the special property to harm the Godhands because of all the Apostles Guts has killed, is Skullknight's sword the same? How else could he hope to kill Void back during the eclipse?

G

Genn21

Where does this idea start that blacksmiths are a endangerd species in the world ? Shit im pretty sure the elves could do it. These little guys proboly have done something with there life's beside fly around and look cute. They had to have to kind of defence to survive all this time. Defence in this world means weaponary and that translates into blacksmith's.

Bill

Daydreaming....
Not necessarily, they may just have a bunch of magically barriers or golems, etc... Their elves and in general fantasy terms - elves mettle with magic more than with swords.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Well from the things that are shown or rumored through the babbel fish trans... It doesnt sound like Flora is going to be able to buff nothing up. Also if they do survive this ordeal, with Griffith's army which now seems or will be hot on their tale, are they going to have a chance to? ???

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Its not that blacksmiths are an endangered species,its that there aren't many that are good enough.

MAYBE Miura will introduce us to dwarves. ;D

Bill

Daydreaming....
Majin Tenshi said:
Its not that blacksmiths are an endangered species,its that there aren't many that are good enough.

MAYBE Miura will introduce us to dwarves. ;D

laugh. Of course this whole thread is based on the idea that the DS can even be damaged now.. So perhaps there will be no need? Or maybe Guts new armor will strengthen the DS.

Bill

Daydreaming....
It took a long time before the DS got so damaged that he needed to get it repaired, I'd say its not there yet.

G

Genn21

Majin Tenshi said:
I don't see how its much different from the last time it got took to Godo.

That's because miura has not drawn it as being banged up yet. Wait till after he fight's grumbled for shitty dragonslayer scene :D.

I really dont think the dragonslayer will get banged up to the point where gut's wont use it. Everyone remember what gut's said about his old sword when he was fighting samson and his brother. My sword is blunt so it tears and doesent cut. He'll use it till it breaks then he will use the peices. ( hell a brocken sword can do a number just look at gut's arm well ... limb ^^ )

Gut's will repair his sword when he gets around to it. He's got people to kill and places to go. When he settles for a chpt or 2 , the'll get the D.S fixed up ( it really doesent look that bad anyway ).

SaiyajinNoOuji

Genn21 said:
Gut's will repair his sword when he gets around to it. He's got people to kill and places to go. When he settles for a chpt or 2 , the'll get the D.S fixed up ( it really doesent look that bad anyway ).

Repair his own sword?? ::) I highly doubt it...

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well it occured to me that with all the fighting that Gut's is doing...It is only a matter of time that the DS breaks...

Given the size of the Goddamn huge sword (i m not including the magical properties), i seriously doubt it will break that easily and i think it might even last until the very last chapter. Maybe this might still be the same weapon that kill Griffith (if that was the ending...)

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well it occured to me that with all the fighting that Gut's is doing...It is only a matter of time that the DS breaks... I remember (not sure which voume) but when Godo repairs it. I remember all the cracks and shite on it. With their current situation, I think it would be VERY VERY bad to say the least if it broke on him anytime soon. Also is he going to go ALL the way back to Rickert to get it fixed? Or since it has magical properties that it will make it tougher to destroy? What do you guys think?

Even the toughest things need some TLC:). However I have to admit thinking that since it has magical properties and essences about it, it won't be broken.

LG

It took 2 years of fighting 20 odd hours a day to make the DS and the cannon arm get so many nicks, cracks, and rust spots that they looked like they were ready to break. When Godo reforged the DS, it looked good as new, and might have infused all the blood of the evil spirits/apostles, or it was just the sheer amount of evil that's been ended by the DS that make it the way it is now, but at any rate it's magical now.

Same goes with the cannon arm, Rickert went to work on it and it was fine again. It hasn't been two years and Guts has friends at least for now to help with the fighting, so it'll be awhile before anything is ready to break, unless some event comes up where the DS takes a massive beating, like maybe with Grunbeld ;D

G

Genn21

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Repair his own sword?? ::) I highly doubt it...

they'll? get the D.S fixed up ( it really doesent look that bad anyway ).
( read the whole thing man )

Where did you get this idea that Gut's is going to repair his sword alone ?

Beside it took good number of battles before it even showed some scratches. The things a giant hunt of metal about 8ft. Its not going to fall to peices like a chunk of talc.

If Gut's really has the need to fix it. Miura will give him some time out proboly make it a homely , lovy dovy chpt anyways. This will be where he revisits some friend's talks about life learns new things and get's his sword fixed as a sidequest of going there. There's no need its going to fall apart in the heat of battle unless miura has a plan for it to affect the story significantly.

Basicly if you understand this. The D.S wont break just for the purpose of breaking and causeing gut's to use like his cannon or the hilt. If its brocken it will be for a exclusive purpose miura has planned out. Like a advancement in the story or something im only guessing , but i think that would be a good option for miura if he did chose to destroy Gut's blade,

Majin_Tenshi

It just occurred to me that fighting Zodd on the hill of swords was probably terrible on the DS.

Really, as tough as Zodd was... The DS is basically designed to smash through everything it touches. Its not really meant to need anything more then shear inertia to block with.

Actually during that time when Gutz fight Morgze in the tower of Abion, do u think DS will really break if at that moment Gutz didnt aim his dagger at his left eye?

Majin_Tenshi

Yea, the DS is takeing a beating. Assumeing that Miura showed us all the apostles Guts fought, the DS is takeing more of a beating from sturdier foes.

Bill

Daydreaming....
And lets not forget Grunbeld, I think that repairing the DS may become a more immediate problem than believed before.

Bill said:
And lets not forget Grunbeld, I think that repairing the DS may become a more immediate problem than believed before.

I m afraid that the impact of the giant Mallet would really weaken and bend the sword

Bill

Daydreaming....
The DS doesn't seem like the bending sort. But perhaps Mozgus's flaming breath strengthened the sword a bit? Not exactly a reforging but mended some of its stress points.

BigFire

King King King Gainer
Bill said:

If Godo can reforge Dragonslayer, I'm sure Rickert is up to the task as well (he has plenty of practice).

Majin_Tenshi

BigFire said:
If Godo can reforge Dragonslayer, I'm sure Rickert is up to the task as well (he has plenty of practice).
and Corkus had plenty of practice swinging a sword, but he was never any match for Guts.

Majin Tenshi said:
and Corkus had plenty of practice swinging a sword, but he was never any match for Guts.

Dont really look down ricket like that, at least he help him to make a newer, better crossbow and those little 'bomb'.

Top Bottom