With the introduction of the Fire wheel DS...

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
For Isidro to learn how to command salamanders, he would have to learn more about magic. To do that, he'd have to become Schierke's (2nd) apprentice. Based on some of his earlier commentary to Farnese on the beach, I doubt his pride would allow him to do it. Then there's the small matter of whether or not Schierke would accept him as an apprentice. For that matter, Serpico might want more control over the undines. Then Berserk would become The Apprentice: Schierke Edition.

:schierke: Isidro
:isidro: Y-yes, ma'am?
:schierke: You're fired! <incinerates him with his dagger>

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Trashcan said:
For Isidro to learn how to command salamanders, he would have to learn more about magic. To do that, he'd have to become Schierke's (2nd) apprentice.

Except Schierke doesn't have that kind of control anyway (she acts through elemental spirits and not directly upon the elements). She might be able to do it in the future but that's currently not an option, so there's no way she'd teach that to Isidro.

Trashcan said:
For that matter, Serpico might want more control over the undines.

Over the sylphs you mean?

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Trashcan said:
For Isidro to learn how to command salamanders, he would have to learn more about magic. To do that, he'd have to become Schierke's (2nd) apprentice. Based on some of his earlier commentary to Farnese on the beach, I doubt his pride would allow him to do it. Then there's the small matter of whether or not Schierke would accept him as an apprentice. For that matter, Serpico might want more control over the undines. Then Berserk would become The Apprentice: Schierke Edition.

:schierke: Isidro
:isidro: Y-yes, ma'am?
:schierke: You're fired! <incinerates him with his dagger>

Hmm . . . This after Isidro starts the second Great Chicago fire.
Doesn't Serpico exercise a conscious degree of control over the Sylph elementals when he uses them to boost his jumps and glide though?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Forest Wraith said:
Doesn't Serpico exercise a conscious degree of control over the Sylph elementals when he uses them to boost his jumps and glide though?

Nope, that's thanks to his cloak. Like Isidro, he has to believe in the elementals in order for his equipment to be efficient (as shown in Enoch), but he doesn't seem to control them himself directly. If I had to guess, I would say his control most likely limits itself to deciding whether he uses the elementals' power or not, and once done they just naturally enhance his moves and protect him (within the limit of the cloak's power of course). It could be likened to invoking their power through his equipment, like he did in volume 25 when the Kelpie was drowning him.

Top Bottom