Your Honor, the defendant Idea

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
the Judge, counting the money that Slan has given him underhand:
Since there are no evidence about any dealing between Mister Idea and his associates : mister Griffith, mistress Slan and mrs. Ubrik and Conrad and any of the individuals that have recently wreak havoc in the midlands ( more for juvenile exuberance than true evil I could had)

That one of the eyewitness was a proven madman that went so far like inflict on his own neck a ghastly wound in the shape of a 8 in an attempt to prove his point. Also suspect are a eye wound and an arm missing that he claims was caused by the defendants , but that are really presumably old war wounds (if not self-inflicted also those)

That the second eyewitness ( a woman living with the former individual) when questioned separatly from his husband (? her position was not explained) did refuse to utter a single word

Fot those reasons I declare the defendants not guilty because they have not committed the deeds

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
eintrigga said:
in this post, i am speaking as the creator of the topic, not a participant of the discussion.

For fairness' sakes, it is inadvisable to "role-play" any characters of berserk to prove a point. First of all, it is be a character interpretation -- therefore subjective and discountable. Second of all, the spirit (soul?) of a dead Apostle is absorbed into the Sea of Idea, henceforth making "resurrection" quite difficult. Besides, i've always considered that it would a funny sight if everytime the court calls on apostles for witness and the specific apostle is absent (everyone turns around and stares at guts).

so my suggestion is sticking to the hard stuff. Being objective is difficult, but it is a superior approach to convincing others.
I second that motion.

Miyu

roberto999 said:
the Judge, counting the money that Slan has given him underhand:
Since there are no evidence about any dealing between Mister Idea and his associates : mister Griffith, mistress Slan and mrs. Ubrik and Conrad and any of the individuals that have recently wreak havoc in the midlands ( more for juvenile exuberance than true evil I could had)

Counsel finds this statement to be utterly false. Defense counsel eintrigga has already submitted a transcript of a conversation between the entity Idea and one of the accused associates, Griffith (aka Femto).
http://www.arcticnightfall.com/ranemaka13/main.php?section=translations&trans=chapter83
This previously submitted piece of evidence clearly shows Idea recruting Griffith as a Godhand.

That one of the eyewitness was a proven madman that went so far like inflict on his own neck a ghastly wound in the shape of a 8 in an attempt to prove his point. Also suspect are a eye wound and an arm missing that he claims was caused by the defendants , but that are really presumably old war wounds (if not self-inflicted also those)

That the second eyewitness ( a woman living with the former individual) when questioned separatly from his husband (? her position was not explained) did refuse to utter a single word

Objection on the grounds of hearsay. These witnesses have not yet been deposed and questioned in this Court so these statements have no bearing. Counsel does not believe that the Court should hear statements that are based on rumor, rather than fact. These witnesses have been directly victimized by the Defendants', but do not claim to be falsifying their story. There are a few other witnesses who can support their claim: Serpico, Farnese, Luca, etc.

Mordos Kahn

I'm a llama!
Your Honor I would like to make an statement based on the argument that when the aforementioned "Apostles" became as such, that they where not only "Customers" to GH & Idea, but also became "Outside Service Contractors" for Idea & Co. Now being that evidence from the ethereal, and astral world is hard to procure and being that the only witness' to said "existences" have been those that are at the very least "Customers" to Idea & Co., (Apostles) I would like to call forth a witness more in touch with her/his humanity than those already mentioned. I call forth the old witch (forgive me for not using a name but I can't remember it) from the wood, instuctor in the arts of Magic.

Thank-you for coming down on such short notice ma'am, we'll try and not keep you long.

Witch: No trouble at all, I like to be of help when I can.

The reason I have called you to the stand today is because there are colleuges amongst us who are saying that Apostles, those wich have become empowered with supernatural abilities by sacrificing something or someone to the God Hand, are still able to be held responsible for the God Hands actions even after the God Hand has regressed to their plane of existence and left these "Apostles" to do as they will.

At what point do Apostles no longer have an obligation to the God Hand after they have recieved their Sacrifice?

Witch: Well anyone who has dealt with the God Hand will forever more be linked to them through the power that they use wich is nothing but an extension of the God Hand Themself.

How is that possible? The God Hand is no longer on our plane of existence and has no direct link to these Apostles so how are they still to be considered linked to them?

Witch: Well the God Hand reside in a remote corner of hell from wich they spend their time reinforcing their Apostles Willpower. Will power is the driving force behind all peoples motives wether they be man or demon.

So what you are saying is that though the God Hand have no direct contact with there Apostles, they are still linked to them for they are the ones who give the Apostles their will to commit whatever attrocities they see fit.

Witch: Yes and No. Yes the God Hand is always in contact with the Apostles, reinforcing their will, but they do not TELL Apostles what paths to walk.

But couldn't it be safely assumed that since the vast majority of Apostles had only minor criminal records at the most before taking on the powers granted by the God Hand, that the God Hands influence of Will on the new Apostles have had serious side effects such as, oh say a taste for human flesh.

Witch: yes, I believe so.

Your honor, in light of this testimony I move that the court consider all Apostles employee's of Idea & Co due to the ever present "reinforcement of will" connection that the God Hand has with all living apostles.

<end>

##I've been coming to these boards for several months now and have been thoroughly entertained and intrigued by the many ideas and theories stated. Hope I'm worthy enough to not sound like I'm sticking my foot in my mouth, but this is my very first post##

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
to make this discussion more organized, this what i have in mind:

Supreme Court of Midland will begin

1. its jury selection will start next week (22-28). those of whom interested please send a private message or write on board.

2. the counsels of each partisans (the accusers the People of Midland and the defendants Idea and co.) should form their group and discuss their strategies. use this board topic to sign up.

3. a judge should be elected. a vote ought to be taken at the voting section of the bbs.

agreeable?

Miyu

eintrigga said:

1. its jury selection will start next week (22-28). those of whom interested please send a private message or write on board.

2. the counsels of each partisans (the accusers the People of Midland and the defendants Idea and co.) should form their group and discuss their strategies. use this board topic to sign up.

3. a judge should be elected. a vote ought to be taken at the voting section of the bbs.

agreeable?

That all sounds good to me. I'd like to state my position as part of the prosecution. Go People of Midland! ;D Yay team!

G

Genn21

eintrigga said:

agreeable?

All go for the side of defendant. Theres no reason godhand should be pumled by peons of midland without hard lies & truths to smash there assult on the god they created.

Its good were finally getting a real specific way of hosting this trial to. just not a endless speculation of a kangaroo court with everyone jumping in and pushing guilty or rightious buttons.

Kaminari

This pic scrolls no lower, because God hates you
Second of all, the spirit (soul?) of a dead Apostle is absorbed into the Sea of Idea, henceforth making "resurrection" quite difficult. Besides, i've always considered that it would a funny sight if everytime the court calls on apostles for witness and the specific apostle is absent (everyone turns around and stares at guts).

LOL! Ingenius! This whole thread is great *applauds, whistles, carries on like a rowdy band of medieval groupies & then rushes off to sign up for jury duty...but hesitates, considering whether to tie up those nasty loose ends called a past, that may come back to haunt her later* hmm...

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
just to draw a conclusion to this long neglected topic.

the decision:
the jury has found the company known as the Godhands... guilty.

the sentence:
the judge has found the defendants deleterious to Midland society as a whole. He has no idea why or how the company came about, but he has decided to isolate the company from society for an year. (the people of Midland cheers, and Guts chokes on a potato chip)

the aftermath:
Idea and co. was never heard of again. However, 1 year after, a company that employs cute goddesses capable of granting wishes has become quite popular around midland.

Miyu

This isn't the first time I've said it and it won't be the last, but that was an awesome thread! Thanks eintrigga! ;D

Top Bottom