Zodd bust sculpture

Godred

Once sent from the Golden Hall.
I've been working on this for for some time now. But only for short periods at a time, few and far in between. As of late I've become overwhelmed with projects that have a dollar bill sign at the end of them, but Zodd kept getting in the way. So I figured I'll stop working on him for a while. Just until I really do have time for it. I don't wanna feel rushed to the end and it not really be done. but before I put him away I figured you guys might like to see him. :zodd:

zoddo.jpg

zoddunfin.jpg

CnC

Ad Oculos
I like it. The paint job is nice, imo.

Perhaps one of our more sculpturally oriented posters can comment (Jon, Derek, Maiku) :serpico:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Very nice, I love the ragged look the cape has. If I might add a few crits though...

It'sa bit hard to see because of the lighting in the final picture, bit the metal looks like it could use some highlights. There are brighter tones of metal, and since paint is never as vibrant as the real thing, it pays to force the lighting a bit. You might also want to highlight the hair, and it tends to be one of the more reflective surfaces on the human (or apostle, in this case) body. The skin may or may not need to be brought up another level as well, but I can't tell because the picture seems so dark. The WIP pictures seem to be the perfect contrast, but the final pic seems to be dulled out, perhaps due to the auto-color ballance on your camera.

Godred

Once sent from the Golden Hall.
Vaxillus said:
Very nice, I love the ragged look the cape has. If I might add a few crits though...

It'sa bit hard to see because of the lighting in the final picture, bit the metal looks like it could use some highlights. There are brighter tones of metal, and since paint is never as vibrant as the real thing, it pays to force the lighting a bit. You might also want to highlight the hair, and it tends to be one of the more reflective surfaces on the human (or apostle, in this case) body. The skin may or may not need to be brought up another level as well, but I can't tell because the picture seems so dark. The WIP pictures seem to be the perfect contrast, but the final pic seems to be dulled out, perhaps due to the auto-color ballance on your camera.

Oh yee. I knowz I gots to fix those things. The paintings just not done yet. And you're telling me about the camera. Holy crap taking a picture of that thing sucked. I used a different camera after I painted it and could NOT get a good picture. Man it sucked. I have a million blurry pictures of this effin bust. haha. Thanks a lot BTW :D

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Ah, I see, I missed the fact that it was a WIP. What might help with the photography is simply using natural light, artificial kills colors unless you know how to propperly light stuff. I've found just putting a white sheet of paper behind the object can help immensely, though I have no idea why. Hope these coments are proving useful!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
I've found just putting a white sheet of paper behind the object can help immensely, though I have no idea why.

That's because it reflects the light.

Top Bottom