The Eclipse - My homage to Berserk

Long time visitor, first time member. Big fan, read all manga blah blah the usual stuff haha.
But i would like to share with the rest of the berserk community on here my musical homage to Berserk.

https://soundcloud.com/nathan-leslie3/the-eclipse-original-piece

After hearing Sign and Sign2 from the playstation game and some of the music stuff on here I was motivated in writing my own piece. as i am a pianist and composer.
This piece is written and performed by me. And recorded at my music teacher's studio. art is by show-mutuki.deviantart.com/gallery/ and is one of my favorite fan art to be
inspired by the series.

Please enjoy guys and any constructive comments are welcomed

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Very cool. It's nice to see another composer in the Berserk community. I enjoyed the piece. It has a nice contrasting form, which I wasn't expecting. I'm only just proficient in piano, but it sounds like it would be fun to play. The recording quality sounds pretty good too, and it's great that you can play your pieces! I'm just a lowly violist, so I rely on crappy MIDI playback on my notation software to get an idea of what my music should sound like (One of these days I'll finally bite the bullet and buy a sample library...)

Interestingly enough, your head motif (023T0) is identical to a motif that I came up with when I was in high school some 12 years ago. Of course, I developed mine completely differently than you, but I find it intriguing when two people come up with the same musical idea independently from one another. Something about that natural minor/modal quality is really satisfying to listen to.

How long have you been composing? Where are you at in your music studies?

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Welcome to the forum, Sinful! I'm sorry that I don't have much criticism since I'm not really musically inclined, but I can say that I like the atmosphere of the song. :guts: Rather haunting!

Wow wasn't expecting so much feedback so quickly haha.
But to answer the questions I have only seriously been playing for about 3 years with proper tuition. And for the music studies part I'm in my second last year of high school (year 11 in Australia) as I'm 17. I'm not a graded musician, I tried grades but my sight reading is way to poor, like this piece is played from memory and I wrote it in Jan/Feb of this year and has evolved since. But this is the version I'm most fond of. And it was recorded with my current music teacher. It's a live recording using logic or something for all the polishing stuff I dont understand all that part haha XD
that's enough rambling on from me haha
Thanks so much for enjoying it guys :)

Top Bottom