How do you think the Hawks began?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Ever thought about how Griffith had came to have a 2,000+ army? How would it started? Who would of joined first? How old was Griffith when he began?

If you think about it, Griffith was still a young man when the Hawks came into the manga, but we already know that it had been going a few years before, because we've seen many flash backs with Caska. I think Griffith would of been about 10-12 years old and it began with him and a group of friends. Lord only knows how they got their money, I would expect from stealing or holding up rich folk.

Safe to say, the group would of grown because of Griffith's charisma and also that once he had raided other bands of theives [Corkus] they would have no better option other to join them.

I'd say that Corkus would of been one of the first to join, because he has a great respect for Griffith and one of the older, and sometimes, wiser member of the group when compared to the likes of Rickert and Judeau.

I'd guess their war chest grew along with their reputation, while more and more people contracted them.

I don't know, it's so hard to guess on how things began, because we've never really been told anything. And now the Hawks are dead and gone, it's unlikely we will EVER see anything more on the origins of Griffiths success.

So, what do you think?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I'm guessing that he did certain, unsavory things to get money. Then he hired the first members of the army. After a few prizes, they'd have a name for themselves and be able to get and keep soldiers via prestige.

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
It's stated clearly that they were thieves before they were mercenaries. As for before the Band defeated Corkus' gang, well, who knows?

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
I think somewhere I read where Griffith originally was actually more of a highway robber. There's a scene in the manga where he is talking to Princess Charlotte and he says that at one time he was " Too poor to buy a slice of bread."

With that red behelit I think that helped him to have the insight to know his enemies as well as those who would serve him well. He probably started out with a few followers and then just gained more by impressing them...Corkus we know was the leader of a group of bandits. But I imagine that Griffith, being charismatic and a good talker as well as a great fighter and confident, attracted many to his ranks simply by those virtues alone. People who joined him must have seen greater things in store for them in the future. Corkus was no romantic, he was cynical, saw things for what they were, was blunt, but was also loyal.

Griffith appealed to many men of different ages and occupations. It isn't often you find a former travelling performer ( Judeau) and a tailor ( Gaston) and a bandit ( Corkus) all together fighting for a dream, even if it's one person's dream.

I believe the Hawks began with Griffith. Then Corkus, and then others followed. Almost as if they were predestined to. Look how Griffith seemed to just 'be there' when he was watching Guts fight, and how he 'appeared' in the nick of time when Caska was being raped.

His price was steep though...and in the end the loyal Hawks paid dearly with their lives.

LG

i dont really know how it started but i rember that there only a few hundred when Gutz join, 3 yrs later it increased to a few thousand

SexyCharlotte

And the unfortunately back down to some hundreds after Griffith got imprisoned.

Whatever powers he had, persuasion doesn't seem to be something of a problem for Griffith.

LG

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Agent Smith said:
Oh ya, i think u r rite in this sense. He spend a night with him just for this reason!
Good work there, Sherlock. Don't expect the Key to Midland though.

G

Genn21

:D , !!!! hey looks its senpai isnt he cute ( someone rub his head ) glad you back senpai people thought you might have died or mutated into some troll creature , well the hawks started out with girffith very poor no money zilch cash
all he had were his good looks and his dream ( and his destiny but the affects them all ^^ ) griff slept around a bit it never hurt his dignity before , he got a few coins and bought a sword, griffs swordsmanship is pretty damn good i will not say the best tho !! a few people were impressed by him maybe lost to him in a duel simillarly to guts and joined griff for his dream griff trained these people to fight and protect them selves and thus they became a self serving band of 3 -4 mercinaries

well when you have a small band of warriors and you want to improve it what do you do ... a few small killing jobs griff proboly murderd some one here , stole something there the man is moraless in values of human life, once he had enough money he went out with his band and collected people maybe 3-4 that had actual starting skill and could be used for a small tactical seige party , ( he collected corkus in one of those seiges )

this i beleive was the beginning of the hawk's , and as they travled from town to town they picked up new members ( mainly poor mercinaries or people with fighitng skill) like judeu from the circus who had potential and was impressed by griffiths cause and proboly speeches , joined his army , ( one wanting to escape the circus life wouldnt be a bad reason either ^^ )

he got his real cash flow boinking the baron tho :eek:

SexyCharlotte

Well it would make interesting fanfic...

Especially how Griffith came to know Corkus, Pippin, Judeau, Gaston, and Rickert....the main Hawk characters.

LG

G

Genn21

Well ricket ... just think of isrido and gutts im sure rickert followed griffiths band just like caska did one day when he saved her from the clutches of a pedophile fling ( im not saying ricket was in the same situation just a simular one ) and he joined griffith and followed him around im sure griffith would not say no to anyone who would fight for him that he saw potential in . :eek: , its kinda sick to think grififth a hero to kids as well as the others of midland sometimes what a great character i marvel at miurra's creations sometimes

SexyCharlotte

Genn21 said:
Well ricket ... just think of isrido and gutts im sure rickert followed griffiths band just like caska did one day when he saved her from the clutches of a pedophile fling ( im not saying ricket was in the same situation just a simular one ) and he joined griffith and followed him around im sure griffith would not say no to anyone who would fight for him that he saw potential in . :eek: , its kinda sick to think grififth a hero to kids as well as the others of midland sometimes what a great character i marvel at miurra's creations sometimes

I think we all marvel at Miura's creations.

LG

Top Bottom