Dragonslayer.. Hasn't it gone for a bit long without repairs now?

Trann

I'm a llama!
Remember when Gatts returned to Goto (when he found out that casca escaped) he said that the sword was in a bad shape and didn't have much left without repairs..
Seems to me that he's gone an awfull long (longer than his first "trip away from home") without maintance..
Tbh i was expecting it to break in the fight vs Grunfdel (sp)..

nir085

Horse and Armor
Didn't SK say that the sword becomes stronger with every life Gutts takes?
And as strong as Gutts opponents have been since the last time his sword was repaired, there hasn't been much steel to clash with Gutts' sword. Mostly flesh.
I guess the flesh of apostles should be enough to dent Gutts sword, but I don't think its really necessary to show Gutts sword being repaired over and over again. An example of this would be after the Capture of Doldrey, where Gutts' sword was broken by Boscogne, but Gutts still had a sword to kill the people in the "Tombstone of Flames" chapter.
I think they only needed to show Gutts' sword being repaired to introduce Godo into the picture.

Trann

I'm a llama!
yes but when he was in the band of the hawks he had no problem getting a smith to fix his sword.. Now he's been on the road for quite some time and i doubt he'd give that sword to some newb blacksmith ^^

Trann said:
Remember when Guts returned to Goto (when he found out that casca escaped) he said that the sword was in a bad shape and didn't have much left without repairs..
Seems to me that he's gone an awfull long (longer than his first "trip away from home") without maintance..
Tbh i was expecting it to break in the fight vs Grunfdel (sp)..

By the time Guts had the Dragonslayer repaired for the first time he had been gone for 2 years, that was around the time he saved Caska from lord Mozgus and i dont believe that much time has passed since then.
I was also expecting it to get more then a few nicks in it from Grundbelds hammer, but it survived alot before then as well.

nir085 said:
Didn't SK say that the sword becomes stronger with every life Guts takes?

If you mean in volume 26 when Guts meets Slann, i believe he meant the Dragonslayer sword grows stronger from killing so many in the spiritual world it has amplified it to hurt beings like slann.
The sword still gets damaged over a period of time though, not stronger physically.

nir085

Horse and Armor
ah, thanks for clearing that up

Guil-BANNED! said:
Are you implying : for Rickert to join the party ? ::)
Guil
He really should at some point. It is so ironic how they have idiots like Isidro and Puck but not Rickert. Bt I guess this way it is apparent that life is moving on, but still, Rickert deserves to be a part of the party at some point, even if he cannot really fill the typical manga kid role. Even if Rickert does not have any cool weapons of his own, why can't he function as a walking machine for Gutts' sword? After all, Farneze functions as walking armor, Puck as a walking first aid kit, and Caska as a walking pain in the ass.

You know, we never did hear or see anything pertaining to Erika or Rickert after Godo's mine was destroyed. Is it possible that we may see the two in Elfheim where Erika, Caska, and Farneze will reside and Rickert take up Farneze's equipment? Or is the kid role permanently taken up by the bratty Isidro?

How they will find the place is beyond me though. Perhaps they happened to meet some good fairytale-like creature pre-elfheim volume who knows the directions. Maybe they ran into Skull Knight, hehe.

nir085 said:
Maybe they ran into Skull Knight, hehe.

Maybe he just went to take them with him because he knows something...SK is so imprevisible.. it's not because we just see SK in chap 236 that they're not with him...

It's still just speculation :p (we have to mention it now because of some events.. ;D)

I guess SK was here to guide them to Elfdom... I am quite sure he too knows the way because Puck say he was related to Elves...

Regarding DS, i guess Guts will be able to use it longer now compare to the past, Godo had made a very good repair of the sword, not only it was fully repaired, the durability and the sharpess was even better than the past... The DS would definetly last longer than 2 yrs and Guts hasnt reached that point yet

The Dragonslayer may have some more life in it, but what i have wondered for some time is that when it finally needs to be repaired will it loose all of its hard earned spiritual power built up?
He is now able to hurt demon kings, it would be such a waste if he has to start from scratch every time it needs to be repaired.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Smith said:
I guess SK was here to guide them to Elfdom... I am quite sure he too knows the way because Puck say he was related to Elves...
Why does Puck say that, in your opinion ?
The Berserk Armor has been made by dwarves, and you know Flora was a witch, so she may have lived in Elfhelm once or at least traveled there accompanied by SKully.

Guil

Guil-BANNED! said:
Why does Puck say that, in your opinion ?
The Berserk Armor has been made by dwarves, and you know Flora was a witch, so she may have lived in Elfhelm once or at least traveled there accompanied by SKully.

Guil

Wait... i think i remember something, Puck mentioned that he had saw SK before... a very good evidence that he had been to Elfhelm

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
Smith said:
Wait... i think i remember something, Puck mentioned that he had saw SK before... a very good evidence that he had been to Elfhelm

i don't recall this line but I if it's true then I think it's more likely that puck saw Skully outside of elfhelm while on his travels. Afterall, wouldn't Flora have mentioned to Guts that she and Skully had made the journey to Elfhelm b4?

waqas said:
Afterall, wouldn't Flora have mentioned to Guts that she and Skully had made the journey to Elfhelm b4?

That i not sure... i dont recall Flora had said anything like that before...

Top Bottom