Locus Apostle Form

We all know that his steed armor and himself merge together to form his now present metallic centur... but anyone ever wonder that if his steed is part of his body how come he can actually go off without his horse?

And btw is SK horse anything similar to his...?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well, in his humanoid form, I dont see that as a problem, but as a apostile, its kinda obvious that he would'nt be able to leave his horse unless he reverted back... then again another question to ask... can he turn into that crazy metal thing with out a horse????

There are two options.
This is a random horse and can be any horse and in this case we are not sure when he comes back to human that the horse survives.
The other option is that this is a unique horse that comes with Locus along the ages and it is always been the same horse. Kill that horse and Locus is in deep shit.

I speculate that the first option is the one valid.

Schwabe

*cough*
Well lets think of logics, science, and general truths. Now how would it be possible that locus could form into an apostle only with his horse at hand and turn into a human form without a horse.

hmm....lets rather look at another idea...how in fact does a man who weighs 110 pounds suddenly morph into a 33.18 ton monster. Wheres the conservation of mass?

Wheres the point? Oh, its up someones ass...My bad, should've known that.

Seriously though, with these ideas I can't see any likely scenario where it would actually reveal more of the story, and ANY hypothesis could be easily shattered at the unknowing whim of miuria.

xechnao said:
This is a random horse and can be any horse and in this case we are not sure when he comes back to human that the horse survives.

Ganiskan said he merge into his horse i am rather quite sure this is the unique one which he had been using since the very day he is an apostle...

Unless u are saying he require any horse to form his apostle form, i am quite sure if he use an ordinary horse when he revert back to his human form the horse would be dead (which horse can turn into metal and back again alive)

Uriel said:
[/center] Why would it be?

Both their steed were no ordinary horse, and SK horse might also belong to part of SK as well, that is of course just speculation but that is also possible becz SK horse possess supernatural power

P.S This is really weird, especially when i realise he can actually got down from his steed (vol22)

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
It appears from the drawing of Locus Apostle form that he seems more graceful as a part of his steed...he really reminds me of liquid metal of some kind.

Bloody Needle

I'm a llama!
Have we seen Locus on more than one color of horse? I don't recall.

I tend to think it's a specific horse, oddly enough, because as a cavalier he likely has only one (or only a few) charger(s) that he's used to fighting with. It takes a lot of training to be in sympatico with a mount, and somehow fusing with one seems to be an unnatural extrapolation of that. Also, going even further out on the limb I'm already on, I'm guessing that Locus is a centaur specifically because of (1) he seems to have a "thing" - a warrior code, an ethos, or maybe just arrogance - about being a mounted knight and (2) something about his wish tied into his identity as a knight and cavalier.

One thing that I don't get or agree about in BERSERK in some scenes is the insensibility animals/horses have shown that normally wouldn't have.
Apostles even transformed in the forest around chapters 223-224 and the horse of Zodd was nothing but agitated.
Even before, when Griffith's army saves Mule and his fellows, Zodd was marching and charging on horseback amongst those demon-warriors that later terrified Mule in the forest. His horse was not influenced or terrified by the demons.
I am not talking about Locus's one or Griffith's because we can have the excuse of Griffith's uber charming powers and Locus's horse connection as stated here. But what about the horse Zodd rides?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Smith, that statement isn't correct... Why do you think dog's and other animals run right before an Earthquake happens? They can sense it.... I just think the horse is there for story convience... although... if it's the same horse he has been riding, then thats a different story.. It could be just like SK's.. I am pretty sure the armor that SK's steed wear's has some play into it. I'm pretty sure that horse of his is pretty damn old. :D

Schwabe

*cough*
For a first xencho raises a valid point, even if it is easily answered. I'm not an expert on horses, in fact I know quite damn little about them, but war horses are trained to ride into battles, and they are likely not intelligent to distinguish something that men understand yet scares them from something that men dont understand and still scares them.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Schwabe said:
For a first xencho raises a valid point, even if it is easily answered. I'm not an expert on horses, in fact I know quite damn little about them, but war horses are trained to ride into battles, and they are likely not intelligent to distinguish something that men understand yet scares them from something that men dont understand and still scares them.

Huh??

Neo Hawks Lancers

When the Lancers transform from human form to apostle form, they all get big and centuar-like .... but where'd the horses go? Are they somehow consumed during the transformation, or are the horses like... apostle horses? They sacrificed their barnmates to gain the demonic power.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I didn't find it in a quick forum search

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Neo Hawks Lancers

My guess would be that the riders fuse with their horses when they transform. Now as for knowing if the horses are part of the apostles (like Irvine's bow), or if they're just normal and are absorbed whether they want it or not, I couldn't tell you.

I also don't think that they're consumed, it seems improbable to me. Imagine Locus having to carry all of his horse's armor and equipment back to the camp after each transformation? Then having to find a new horse? Would be quite a hassle.

DefaultJ!! said:
Sorry if this has already been discussed, I didn't find it in a quick forum search

I merged your thread with an older one that had almost the same topic.

There were also discussions about this in a few threads (like in the episode 233 one) but it wasn't the main subject.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
It could be just like SK's.. I am pretty sure the armor that SK's steed wear's has some play into it. I'm pretty sure that horse of his is pretty damn old. :D

Its pretty obvious SK steed is no horse... I mean you see him fly?!!!!

So, technically, if any of Guts' band chop a leg / the legs off a transformed Lancer, they'd be in trouble? Either totally immobilised or forced to revert back to human form (leaving an open window for attack)?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Its pretty obvious SK steed is no horse... I mean you see him fly?!!!!

If it's a steed, it can only be a horse, Smith. Anyway, "flying" sure is supernatural, but so is Skull Knight himself. It's obviously not a normal horse, but it's still as close to a horse as it can be.

tuxedo_nat said:
So, technically, if any of Guts' band chop a leg / the legs off a transformed Lancer, they'd be in trouble?  Either totally immobilised or forced to revert back to human form (leaving an open window for attack)?

Well, they'd be as much in trouble as Zodd or Grunberd if Guts chopped one of their legs... I don't think it would necessarily force them to revert to their human forms, but they would most probably be handicapped. Seems natural to me.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
One thing that I don't get or agree about in BERSERK in some scenes is the insensibility animals/horses have shown that normally wouldn't have.
Apostles even transformed in the forest around chapters 223-224 and the horse of Zodd was nothing but agitated.
Even before, when Griffith's army saves Mule and his fellows, Zodd was marching and charging on horseback amongst those demon-warriors that later terrified Mule in the forest. His horse was not influenced or terrified by the demons.
I am not talking about Locus's one or Griffith's because we can have the excuse of Griffith's uber charming powers and Locus's horse connection as stated here. But what about the horse Zodd rides?
Well, we know apostles can influence other beings with their powers... Upgrading your horse with an apostle-spawn powered engine seems the most practical application, to me. Look at its eyes.

As for Locus, I've always thought the horse just died =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
Have we ever seen Locus OFF his horse? ;)
A good point. I thought I was stumped until I found the ONLY instance: the Neo-Hawks bowing to Griff at the sunset in volume 22. That's it though.

Aazealh said:
My guess would be that the riders fuse with their horses when they transform. Now as for knowing if the horses are part of the apostles (like Irvine's bow), or if they're just normal and are absorbed whether they want it or not, I couldn't tell you.

I also don't think that they're consumed, it seems improbable to me. Imagine Locus having to carry all of his horse's armor and equipment back to the camp after each transformation? Then having to find a new horse? Would be quite a hassle.

Ah, so its just anyone's guess at this point. I wonder if we'll ever find out, or if it'll just be left a mystery. In 'The Hawks' translation of 233, Ganishka says after watching Locus' transformation, "a monster that take armor and horse... equipment for a 'demon knight,' is it." Seems like the Kushan Emperor thinks the transformation consumes the horse :p

Aazealh said:
I merged your thread with an older one that had almost the same topic.

heh, I was wondering where my post went when I first logged on.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DefaultJ!! said:
In 'The Hawks' translation of 233, Ganishka says after watching Locus' transformation, "a monster that take armor and horse... equipment for a 'demon knight,' is it." Seems like the Kushan Emperor thinks the transformation consumes the horse :p

Never rely on thehawks.org's translations, even when they take it from here (going 2 or 3 times through the synonymizer doesn't help). Here's Mizar's revised translation:

Mizar said:
Ganishka: A transformation by merging armor and horse. A "Demon Knight" outfit, huh.

Doesn't imply anything at all (except what I said about the horse and the rider fusing together ;)), as you can see. Nothing is said about the horse being consumed or not during the transformation.

Top Bottom