Interpersonal Relationships of the GH

Tenro

...You tit.
Has anybody ever wondered what the GH do when they're not being summoned or giving orders to the Apostles? (note: I've only read the American release) Is there any indication that they interact with one another at all, or just speak to each other? Yeah, they're brethren and all, but I'm not so sure thet even like each other.

This thought came to me when I wondered if Femto discussed his 'chat' with the Idea with the other GH, to see if they had had similar experiences, but then I wondered, "would the others even care?" And thus I came to this line of thinking.

Also: Hi.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Tenro said:
Has anybody ever wondered what the GH do when they're not being summoned or giving orders to the Apostles?
The short answer you're looking for is: we don't know, nor will we ever know.

However, I doubt the God Hand spend their time drinking and partying. Though that'd be awesome, they are _as_ gods, so their lives can't compare to our experience on any real scale. What we do know about their interim time (between eclipses and what not) is that they affect the events of the world on a very broad basis. There's more to it than this, and I could give you examples, but you haven't read that far by your own admission. So, I won't spoil ya :badbone:

Also, God Hand don't direct apostles. Apostles can "do as they will."

Tenro

...You tit.
Well, okay, but I was also wondering how they interact. For example, do we ever see them talk to each other?

By the way, Walter, I appreciate the sentiment, and I'm staying mostly clean, a few bits here and there won't kill me. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tenro said:
For example, do we ever see them talk to each other?

Not outside of when they're summoned, no. Like Walter said, we don't know about it, and from the few informations given to us in the manga, they don't seem to overly care about what the others are doing. Like apostles, they "do as they will". Keep in mind that the God Hand is mostly still a mystery to us.

*Spoilers*

Slann said to Skull Knight when questioned about if she was the only one summoned, that she just came to see Guts because she'd been watching him struggle so much and told him that the other GH member's pretty much drifted around formlessly in their favorite areas (or something along those lines, you get the point).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
HawaiianStallion said:
*Spoilers*

Slann said to Skull Knight when questioned about if she was the only one summoned, that she just came to see Guts because she'd been watching him struggle so much and told him that the other GH member's pretty much drifted around formlessly in their favorite areas (or something along those lines, you get the point).
That's really not going to help the guy... he's only read up to volume 8. It's sort of what I was hinting at in my "there's more to it but you havent read that far" part.

Tenro

...You tit.
Well, spoilers or no, it still made about no sense to me. Thanks for the effort, though.
So, the basic answer is "we don't know, but there are things I haven't read yet that make some hints about it."
I appreciate the fact that you're trying to help somebody so much less hardcore than you guys. I don't mean to be so lame, really... :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tenro said:
Well, spoilers or no, it still made about no sense to me.

There are detailed posts about it all over the board anyway, so if you really want to know, feel free to run a search about it. And if you can't find it, PM me and I'll point you the right places.

Tenro said:
So, the basic answer is "we don't know, but there are things I haven't read yet that make some hints about it."

Yes, Walter's post sums it up well enough, not much more can be said about it, spoilers or not.

Tenro said:
I appreciate the fact that you're trying to help somebody so much less hardcore than you guys.

Hey, that's why we're here. :guts:

Top Bottom