Skullknight destined to die?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Doing some thinking about Berserk and what not and it dawned on me. If fate is a spiral, and things that are happening to Gut's happened roughly the same way as Skullknight, then who was the greater force helping Skullknight out like how SK is helping Gut's out?

I'm sure there must have been someone! For all we know, the God hand and the eclipses could have been happening for a much longer period then mentioned in Berserk. Just a thought, but I think we may see our skeletal friend be axed out one of these days.

Just a thought! :guts:

p.s. Didn't see anything like this in any of the searches I did so bleh.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I don't think our buddy SK is all here to begin with. You could read that SK's already "dead". But whats "dead" in berserk anyway :guts:?

But yea, I was wondering who SK's equivalent would have been back when.

Tenro

...You tit.
This idea of a previous Skullknight popped up in this thread: http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=1209.0 and as I said there, we can't assume the there was someone. SK may have arrived just to where he is by random chance, or by some larger shceme we are unaware of.

And as for the subject of SK's demise, in the classical hero myths, which Berserk may in some cases be seen to resemble, the mentor is usually killed, leaving the Hero on his own. While this has already happened with Gambino, SK fits the role of mentor, and is the sort of character that would normally be killed off before the end. Of course, Miura-san never was one to follow convention...

N

Ng51386

If there had to be a character that SK resembled, it would be more along the lines of Griffith actually, but he turned out to end like Guts has, and be a struggler.

(Dont have any exact manga scans on hand, I'm not on my main computer at the moment, sorry).

First clue was when in the underground tower, there were sacrfices, and also we can reasonably assume that SK was that armored king who liked to wear skull armor. It's not a pure fact, but we can reasonably assume that Skull Knight was that one armored king. So we can fathom that Skull Knight wanted his own country, just like Griffith, and somehow he was turned into the Skull Knight - And as far as we know he has no brand, which leads me to my next speculation.

Skull Knight was "chosen/destined" to be one of the God Hand members or an apostle, but for some reason Skull Knight did not want to be, or decided to change his mind. Skull Knight seems rather powerful, to be able to compete against Zodd and seem like it was almost nothing, but still having a hard time, but far easier than Guts had. The thing which leads me to think this is that when SK had come into the eclipse, he directly went for Void for some odd reason, but after he saw that he was unable to, he went directly to save the remaining survivors from the eclipse.

The girl figure in all of this, the equiliant to Casca seems to be that girl the young witch has as a teacher. I'm not sure what her name was, but there was a strong connection between the two, but what was the Berserker armor to Skull Knight, it seems to of done something to Skull Knight it seems, but I have no clue what.

But I doubt Skull Knight is going to die, he's killed so many apostles as it is, and he's survived for so long. Unless it's near the end of the manga, which could be another 20 years, then there he may die.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Ng51386 said:
And as far as we know he has no brand, which leads me to my next speculation.

Skull Knight was "chosen/destined" to be one of the God Hand members or an apostle, but for some reason Skull Knight did not want to be, or decided to change his mind. Skull Knight seems rather powerful, to be able to compete against Zodd and seem like it was almost nothing, but still having a hard time, but far easier than Guts had. The thing which leads me to think this is that when SK had come into the eclipse, he directly went for Void for some odd reason, but after he saw that he was unable to, he went directly to save the remaining survivors from the eclipse.

Theres really nothing to prove this, mind you. The circumstances of what happened 1000 years ago are still unknown.

Ng51386 said:
The girl figure in all of this, the equiliant to Casca seems to be that girl the young witch has as a teacher. I'm not sure what her name was, but there was a strong connection between the two,

Their relationship has been compared to Guts and Sheirke, not Caska.

Ng51386 said:
but what was the Berserker armor to Skull Knight, it seems to of done something to Skull Knight it seems, but I have no clue what.

Well its established that he wore it, and that its previous user bled to death in battle.

N

Ng51386

It seemed that SK and Flora had a "thing" going together that was more than friendship, that's the only thing that doesnt match. Casca is the only woman Guts has in mind, cant be sure about anything yet I guess.

I know what happened 1000+ years is currently abstract, but it's very reasonable to assume that SK and that armored king are one in the same, obviously cant say for sure, but reasonable to say it is.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Ng51386 said:
It seemed that SK and Flora had a "thing" going together that was more than friendship,

Guts and Shierke have a "connection" too. Theres really nothing to point to a romance between SK and Flora, simply a deep friendship/alliance.

Noid

fuusshhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhHHHH
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
If fate is a spiral, and things that are happening to Gut's happened roughly the same way as Skullknight, then who was the greater force helping Skullknight out like how SK is helping Gut's out?

Also SK mets Guts before the Eclipse, so I think he knows what would happen.
And he is always in the right moment in the right place...

Feanor

Nur dem Schwert kannst du vertrauen!
I think the Skullknight will die if he has successfully brought down Void and the other God Hand members are destroyed. Then his spirit can rest.
I think he will not be killed. He will go on his free will.

kimedog

mmmmmm BEER!
Skullknight could have been sacrificed (which is most likely the case). If the God Hand created a new member every two hundred years, then the first God Hand member (Void) would have been created along the same time the SK was sacrificed. With only 1 member being created, and most likely weakened demons, he could have survived on his own power. Or since he was either the King (Gaiseric that everyone speaks of) or someone high up in that said army, the army could have come and rescued him.

A better question would be: How does the Skullknight exist in that world?

It's every 256 years, and nothing proves that Void was the 'first' God Hand, or the only God Hand at that time. And how could and army do anything against a single demon, let alone the numbers that would've been present at an occultation? And there's no evidence to suggest that SK was sacrificed at all, either.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
It's every 256 years

216 actually. :void:

kimedog said:
If the God Hand created a new member every two hundred years, then the first God Hand member (Void) would have been created along the same time the SK was sacrificed.

Nope. You have to start counting from zero, so it's 0 (Femto), -216 (GH04), - 432 (GH03), -648 (GH02), -864 (First God Hand member).

kimedog said:
With only 1 member being created, and most likely weakened demons

Why weakened? Assuming there were apostles, why would they have been weakened?

kimedog said:

He's an astral being.

kimedog

mmmmmm BEER!
Aazealh said:
Why weakened? Assuming there were apostles, why would they have been weakened?

I mean like scrubs, the apostles (or demos or w/e) in the eclipse weren't extremely strong. Guts only got pinned because he took his focus off fighting when he saw Femto raping Casca.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
kimedog said:
I mean like scrubs, the apostles (or demos or w/e) in the eclipse weren't extremely strong. Guts only got pinned because he took his focus off fighting when he saw Femto raping Casca.

They're called apostles. And "weakened" is different from "weak". Anyway, while there were some weak apostles shown during the Eclipse (like the awesome chicken apostle), not all of them were weak, far from it. It's just that a lot of them were present, and they're not all remarkable (nor necessarily good at fighting). Guts was actually stopped before Femto even appeared, Volkov bit his arm while he was trying to free Casca from the apostles. After he cut his arm off he was pinned down almost instantly (notice that the apostles didn't try to kill him, they were only doing what Femto wanted), I doubt he would have gone very far with a broken sword in any case. And it didn't look like he was going to win anyway, even if Casca hadn't been there. He was fighting back ardently but that wasn't enough, it's not like he could hold his ground or anything.

Yea, that was what I was thinking, but then how do you kill something that is already dead? Would destroying his armor be enough?

Zelz said:
Yea, that was what I was thinking, but then how do you kill something that is already dead? Would destroying his armor be enough?

Why not? Guts manages to kill countless things that are already well and truely dead everytime they sense his brand.
Besides we aren't completely sure that he has died yet.

Sparnage said:
Why not? Guts manages to kill countless things that are already well and truely dead everytime they sense his brand.
Besides we aren't completely sure that he has died yet.

If he hasnt died or if he is alive? who is the Skull knight underneath all that armour?

Well, it suggests that his armor is hollow..... (eats berehits, sticks his sword down there and pulls it out with melted beherits on it.) Also in a few illustartions I have seen, his eyes glow. He has many another supernatural features as well like a flying horse.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zelz said:
Also in a few illustartions I have seen, his eyes glow.

They glow in every single illustration. His armor is hollow, I don't think there's much of a doubt about it. And nothing in the manga implies he should be considered "dead" (meaningless term in the context) like Sparnage said, that makes it doubly pointless to assume he is since it wouldn't change anything to this thread's topic anyway.

Speaking of topic, it'd be nice if we could try to focus on it a bit more.

Yes, but what I mean is I think he is more of a spiritual entity than any thing else, maybe not on par with God Hand or the Elemental gods but a type of spirit nonetheless.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zelz said:
Yes, but what I mean is I think he is more of a spiritual entity than any thing else, maybe not on par with God Hand or the Elemental gods but a type of spirit nonetheless.

He's a part of the astral realm like I said before, but he's not a spirit per se (like the wheel in the recent episodes). If he was, he wouldn't have a physical body (and yes, his "armor" counts as one until we're told otherwise). Besides he was human in the past, becoming an elemental spirit such as the Lady of the Depths for example isn't possible for him IMHO. Lastly, it's the 4 elemental kings, not gods. Anyway, SK is still very mysterious to this day, we don't know that many things about him and it's no use assuming too much.

kimedog said:
Skullknight could have been sacrificed (which is most likely the case). If the God Hand created a new member every two hundred years, then the first God Hand member (Void) would have been created along the same time the SK was sacrificed. With only 1 member being created, and most likely weakened demons, he could have survived on his own power. Or since he was either the King (Gaiseric that everyone speaks of) or someone high up in that said army, the army could have come and rescued him.

4/5 angels took down the king, not 1 as I recall. Now for how he can survive the eclipse 1000 years ago, my speculation would be, since schierke I think said, magic was a more common thing back in the day before the teachings of the Holy See took over, there had to have been Many strong magic users like flora, MANY. Like a town full of FLora's and even stronger magic users possibly. I think they may have been able to rescue a SK and perhaps put up some kind of fight against the 4 angels, but not stop the ceremony completely. (lets just say the team of magicans probly did a lot more than what sk was capable of doing was doing while he rescued Guts.

Now, I think SK is like Auron from FFX, he died along his journey, but his strong will kept him alive, I think SK is like that too, considering he came from a time where sorcery was more common, he probly recieved help from flora and those similar to her.

pretty much my point is, 1000 years ago, more magic users. lots of things are possible.

Top Bottom