AOW - Skull Knight [Backlighting]

I don't personally own an 'SK on a horse' statue as yet, but this looks darn tempting. Plus, the video really shows us the statue with good angles and ... *wipes drool*

Also, nevermind on the senma soldier size....the halberd is what brings him to 8 inches. He's just as small as Daiba, senma soldier 1, Serpico, etc

I think I'll stick with my normal SK on horse II. With the current exchange rate (not counting "platinum members" discounts and such) that statue would cost us $1150 dollars without shipping. It's just not worth that kind of money, even knowing how good the sculpt is and the paint job will be. I've given AoW too much of my money on too little. The tiny scale apostle set for WAY too much should have been the last straw for me. They're making it harder and harder to buy from them.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Being able to join the AOW club is getting harder and harder it seems. I haven't always been around, the Guts 1/6 was my first statue (and maybe my last, excluding ebay) have their prices ever been reasonable?

It is a fantastic looking statue, but considering you could get two 1:1 scale busts for that makes it a hard bargain. Vote with your wallet.

HITReza said:
you joking ...

Platinum customers were offered a special discount. They offered a small percentage off. It's a nice way of them saying, thanks for spending at least 200,000 yen last year on our products. It wasn't a random discount they offered him. He earned it!

Aphasia

Armored I hope you know nobody really likes you... :slan:

Nah grats that's pretty cool. I know I would've snatched it up.

I think I shouldn't have talked about this discount...I didn't want to make you jealous or else...
Yeah i spent a lot of money on AOW statue and all i say is i had more than 2 000 yen off...

Honestly it is a beautiful statue, and I wish I could get one. I just don't have the money that I used to to drop on Art of Wars statues. The last 2 statues I have bought from them have been really expensive ( 20th anniversary guts repaint, 1/6 guts with senma). I miss when they had the 300- 400 dollar statues coming out regularly, I might have been able to scrounge for one of those. Its just getting too expensive. I will say I do miss my collection though. I moved and had to leave my collection at home 1000 miles away. I did bring the jewel of the collection though, 20th repaint. Congrats to any one who can get this skull knight it looks beautiful.

Has anyone ever had any problems with AOW in the US? Like when it comes to shipping does the product arrive ok? I really loved the 2007 Skull Knight on Horse, but was never able to get one. I actually preordered this new one but havent paid yet... this will be my first AOW statue.. ever, probably the last, but I think I this one is just too cool.. any thoughts comments concerns? Any personal experiences? Also... is this a really bad deal?? Any info would be greatly appreciated.. thanks :-)

I've had items shipped from AOW directly in the past 6-7 months and so far so good. I personally haven't had something that was damaged in transit from them, and so far nothing's happened when I've also bought AOW products off other people (off Ebay, etc.). The cushioning for each product is spot on. I don't own any versions of an SK On Horse statue though, but I assume they'll pack it well.

To fellmark, in my opinion, safe shipping is one of AoW's strongest points. I have NEVER received a broken statue or a statue with bad or defective paint application. Having said that, some people did receive broken Ex SK on horse II statues back in 07. There are lots of small pieces on it. Mine was fine, though.

As for how good a deal it is, I believe it's a very bad deal. You could buy 5 - 10 great 1/6 scale statues from other companies or even 3 -5 1/4 scale, highly detailed statues from other companies for the price you're paying here (for this relatively small, 1/10 scale statue). There's no good justification for the price on this slightly modified re-release of the 2007 version. Small edition size, great paint app and great packaging are all strong points, but they do not justify a price any higher than $500 (which I think is pushing it already). I'm happy to say I didn't jump on top of this one or the recent Femto. Feels good

Around 1200~1300$ for an 1/10 statue no matter how u look at it is a NO-NO. I dont know what u guys thinking but the chance you guys can resell it on ebay for 1400~1500$+ to re-cover all your costs is VERY low.(100$+ ebay fee bros!! :mozgus:)

So basically u are buyin a huge cant-throw-away BIG, BIG TV box inside of ur house eatin spaces forever plus an "WOWW awesome" :???: statue on display.

andrewdsz said:
Around 1200~1300$ for an 1/10 statue no matter how u look at it is a NO-NO. I dont know what u guys thinking but the chance you guys can resell it on ebay for 1400~1500$+ to re-cover all your costs is VERY low.(100$+ ebay fee bros!! :mozgus:)

So basically u are buyin a huge cant-throw-away BIG, BIG TV box inside of ur house eatin spaces forever plus an "WOWW awesome" :???: statue on display.

How big of a box are we talking here? Does anyone have pics per chance?? Thanks.

So Art of War sent me an email, offering me the special discount on this statue and a 3 payment plan option, with allowing me to push the first payment back a bit. I have to say that I was really tempted, but gave it some reality based thought, and even with the discount I couldn't justify spending that much money on a statue, especially when it isn't a 1/6. I think that ART of WAR is having a hard time selling these, they are used to their stuff selling out right away, and this one isn't. I think they need to realize that while their statues are great, they need to get their prices cut in half. I have a sideshow darth maul statue coming that is bigger than this one, lights up for 1/3 the price. For me there is no real question which one I should get.

Aphasia

andrewdsz said:

I doubt most people here are buying AOW statues for their resell value.
frankencowx said:
How big of a box are we talking here? Does anyone have pics per chance?? Thanks.

I posted a few pictures of my 1/6 Guts that I received. Your box size will vary depending on the size of the statue, but it's not really a downside. Throw that sucker up in the attic. You'll usually find photos of an unboxing in various AOW threads. I'd look there too.

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=11864.75

You've kinda gotta look at AOW products like purchasing a lithograph print. It's expensive, usually in limited edition and low run but quite different in terms of quality when it comes to anything else on the market. I wish they would cut their prices in half though, they'd probably sell twice as many statues. :guts:

Fellmark said:
So Art of War sent me an email, offering me the special discount on this statue and a 3 payment plan option, with allowing me to push the first payment back a bit. I have to say that I was really tempted, but gave it some reality based thought, and even with the discount I couldn't justify spending that much money on a statue, especially when it isn't a 1/6. I think that ART of WAR is having a hard time selling these, they are used to their stuff selling out right away, and this one isn't. I think they need to realize that while their statues are great, they need to get their prices cut in half. I have a sideshow darth maul statue coming that is bigger than this one, lights up for 1/3 the price. For me there is no real question which one I should get.

Maybe it is 1/10 but it is on a mount, what about your Darth maul ? And the paint job is not comparative ....

Top Bottom