Ask Aaz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Slan_wings said:
Since griffith has followers any chance of seeing slan's followers joing griffith's ranks,since the heretics at albion did say she prophesied griffith's return?
You mean the heretics who either died in the siege by the HICKS in Albion, or when the tower fell? :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Slan_wings said:
I ment them as an example since there must be other enclaves of slan's followers all over midland and kushan empires.
I don't see why there must be, but there's no evidence either way.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Slan_wings said:
Since griffith has followers any chance of seeing slan's followers joing griffith's ranks,since the heretics at albion did say she prophesied griffith's return?

I'm not sure you can really call those guys her followers. They're crazy cultists who mostly just indulge in their depraved appetites (in that regard, every rapist could be loosely considered one of her "followers"). It happens to be right up her alley and so she "sponsors" them, but I wouldn't extrapolate too much simply from Albion's case when it comes to them following "prophecies" (besides, remember that a lot of people had had prophetic dreams about the Falcon of Light), not to mention more specific and drastic orders. Don't forget they thought Casca was a witch as well; they weren't very refined.

Similarly, who do we define as being Griffith's followers here? The apostles call him their master. His human troops call him their leader. The believers of the Holy See now him as their savior, the Falcon of Light. And soon the people of Midland will call him their king. So with that in mind, I don't think the 2 different kinds of relations people can have with Slan or Griffith here overlap in a meaningful way. Furthermore, Griffith doesn't need more people in his ranks (especially not untrained bums). He already has an invincible army and has just won his final battle against Ganishka. He's going to rule over his own country now, and his power might radiate through the whole sphere of influence of the Holy See as well. And of course the whole world has changed. It is the advent of a new order.

So really, these enclaves can continue their secret activities just like before, that won't affect him. He doesn't need them, and they'll be his subjects just like everyone else anyway. From what we've seen in episode 306, we could rather speculate that Slan will now take a more active part in these things. Possibly resulting in a much more widespread, not-so-secret-anymore cult (not to mention a rise in "smaller" stuff like cheating spouses and rapes). At this point it's difficult to precisely assess how much it will affect everything.

Slan_wings said:
I ment them as an example since there must be other enclaves of slan's followers all over midland and kushan empires.

We've only seen two such enclaves, and only one was shown to be directly influenced by Slan. That they "must be all over Midland" and its neighboring countries is completely unsubstantiated.

D

Duststorm

I got a question. Didn't Puck refer Serpico by a nickname while they were in Vritannis or am I remembering things wrong?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Duststorm said:
I got a question. Didn't Puck refer Serpico by a nickname while they were in Vritannis or am I remembering things wrong?

He calls him ピコリン ("Picorin"), and he does so as early as in volume 23.

D

Duststorm

Thanks.

What exactly does Picorin mean? Is it pun,a reference to one of Serpico's traits?

Congratulations for SK.net! It is a great site and probably the best dedicated to Berserk.

My question is the following, and sorry if the answer is too obvious or if it has not being mentioned in the manga at all so far...

What is the general :idea:'s or god hand's goal or what do they want to accomplish?

thx

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SrCraneo said:
My question is the following, and sorry if the answer is too obvious or if it has not being mentioned in the manga at all so far...

What is the general :idea:'s or god hand's goal or what do they want to accomplish?

It has not really been mentioned in the manga so far (Slan's speech at the end of the Occultation ceremony could maybe count I guess). There is a good chance that we will learn more about it while Guts and the others are in Elfhelm though. I'll hazard a guess and say that they want evil to rule the world. Easy one, I know.

Which of the assistants drew which part in v33 of the manga?
Why doesnt dark horse credit any of the assistants creditted in the japanese version?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Slan_wings said:
Which of the assistants drew which part in v33 of the manga?

Do you seriously expect me to tell you who drew what in each panel? They have their specialty (check out my previous posts on the matter) but even then, there's no telling precisely which one drew what unless you were with them in the studio when they did it. So unfortunately I can't answer your question.

Slan_wings said:
Why doesnt dark horse credit any of the assistants creditted in the japanese version?

How would I know? Ask Chris Warner. I imagine it's just not in the contract.

You know reading those questions I really get to wonder if you guys have any common sense at all. One more like this and I'm locking the thread. It's just a waste of my time.

Hello Aaz...well, first time poster here, but I'd like to think I have some common sense (and wont get the thread locked! :isidro:). Anyway, I was actually wondering if you could elaborate on how the merging will affect Guts as a traveler of the interstice. Specifically, if every element of the world is now a part of it, wouldn't any use of the DS further empower it, perhaps at a much faster rate (just wondering how Guts could possibly pose a challenge to Griffith without succumbing to his armor if we are really as far along in the story as Miura said in the interview)? This is also a stupid question, but are we to take it for granted that all people are now aware of all supernatural beings (i.e., the Holy See members would have no choice but to recognize Puck)? It seems to me this would mean the rise of new polytheistic religions and the end of the Holy See, perhaps with the rise of some sort of outright Griffith/Falcon of Light cult.

Thanks

Aazealh said:
It has not really been mentioned in the manga so far (Slan's speech at the end of the Occultation ceremony could maybe count I guess). There is a good chance that we will learn more about it while Guts and the others are in Elfhelm though. I'll hazard a guess and say that they want evil to rule the world. Easy one, I know.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TelegramSam said:
Hello Aaz...well, first time poster here

Hey there, welcome to SK.net. :SK:

TelegramSam said:
I was actually wondering if you could elaborate on how the merging will affect Guts as a traveler of the interstice. Specifically, if every element of the world is now a part of it, wouldn't any use of the DS further empower it, perhaps at a much faster rate (just wondering how Guts could possibly pose a challenge to Griffith without succumbing to his armor if we are really as far along in the story as Miura said in the interview)?

I take it that by "elaborate" you actually mean "speculate". There's no telling how he'll be affected at this point. If the worlds have merged to a big extent, then there's no real Interstice anymore. If it's only the Interstice merged with the corporeal world while the deeper layers of the astral world are still inaccessible, then I guess things aren't as bad as they could be. As for the Dragon Slayer and Griffith, it's really not that simple. You see, if everything in the corporeal world is now also in the astral world, then maybe normal weapons could harm Griffith. Maybe he'd be less untouchable. Or maybe not.

And it's actually not sure at all that killing evil creatures for a few more years would "empower" the DS further than it is right now either. In fact I wouldn't use the word "empowered" here but rather something more like "imbued". Besides, I don't think hitting former corporeal-only and now who-knows-what things would help much. I mean Guts has mostly spent his time fighting against evil supernatural creatures since he became the Black Swordsman, so it wouldn't make much of a difference (and that's assuming it would work, which isn't guaranteed at all). All in all, I don't think that's where Guts' hope of defeating Griffith lies.

I also don't think how far we are in the story means much in that regard. If it were just a matter of Guts doing more of what he's spent the past few years doing, a simple time skip could do the job. In any case, from what Miura said we've got about 15 more volumes to come, and that's assuming it doesn't grow bigger than he expected (which has happened before).

TelegramSam said:
This is also a stupid question, but are we to take it for granted that all people are now aware of all supernatural beings (i.e., the Holy See members would have no choice but to recognize Puck)? It seems to me this would mean the rise of new polytheistic religions and the end of the Holy See, perhaps with the rise of some sort of outright Griffith/Falcon of Light cult.

Well as demonstrated by Farnese' experience with Puck, the whole "can't see elves" thing was never very solid in the first place. Take Mozgus, the most hardcore believer we've seen yet. Sure, ignoring something harmless and non-obtrusive wasn't a problem. When the spectres came out in full force though, he saw them just fine. Similarly, while the elves could play with random chumps in Vritannis without the victims understanding what was happening, I imagine that if they had kept at it insistently, eventually the poor guys would have gotten a clue. So yeah, I'm pretty sure everybody will be aware of supernatural beings.

Concerning polytheistic religions... Schierke mentioned them when she and the others encountered the Kundalini (saying it could be considered a god in those). So we can assume that such religions already do exist in other parts of the world. Let's not forget that our exposition to Berserk's world is very limited. As for the Holy See declining and being replaced by a cult of the Falcon of Light... It already IS a cult of the Falcon of Light. The Pontiff announced that Griffith was their savior in episode 285. And we know from Schierke's talk with the priest in Enoch that the Holy See's scriptures reference some actual supernatural beings, though not in a straightforward way (the ones concerned are the 4 elemental kings). Meaning the religion itself might be able to adjust. Now the problem I'd see is more with the people who didn't really believe in the supernatural/spiritual at all and were only in it out of convenience. Those might freak out.

Nice thread :serpico:

I think most of us believe that the story will eventually come to a point where Guts and Griffith will face off in a final clash. Of course a lot of things will happen before that, but eventually the main villain and the hero will fight it out in a final battle. Do you Aaz think this is the most "realistic" ending? Or do you think it is possible that the story may suddenly be turned upside down, and turn a whole new direction. For instance Guts and Griffith teaming up again, to take on the other God Hands? I guess this is kind of a silly question. Another phrasing would be: Do you think Miura is capable of turning the story in a completely new direction which none are able to foresee? If that's the case, which direction could that be?

last question: Are you an American living in France, or are you French with extraordinary English skills? Just wondering because it's very unusual for French guys to be so good in English :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi oys, welcome to the forum!

oys said:
I think most of us believe that the story will eventually come to a point where Guts and Griffith will face off in a final clash. Of course a lot of things will happen before that, but eventually the main villain and the hero will fight it out in a final battle. Do you Aaz think this is the most "realistic" ending?

Well I'm quite convinced that Guts and Griffith/Femto will eventually duke it out in a grand battle and that said battle will happen near the end of the series, if that's what you're asking. Of course it still leaves us with many possibilities in regard to what could actually happen.

oys said:
Or do you think it is possible that the story may suddenly be turned upside down, and turn a whole new direction. For instance Guts and Griffith teaming up again, to take on the other God Hand? I guess this is kind of a silly question. Another phrasing would be: Do you think Miura is capable of turning the story in a completely new direction which none are able to foresee? If that's the case, which direction could that be?

Is Miura capable of turning the story in a direction no one had foreseen? Yes, definitely. I think he's proven it time and time again. But will he do it? That's the real question. And not one to which I can provide a definitive answer.

Anyway, I don't see Guts & Griffith teaming up obviously, though theorically it could happen if the context was right (e.g. Guts' son manages to take control of Griffith and aids his father in battle for a short while). But no, not very likely. And just plain impossible if you mean Griffith himself.

oys said:
last question: Are you an American living in France, or are you French with extraordinary English skills? Just wondering because it's very unusual for French guys to be so good in English :badbone:

I'm Franco-French. :SK:

Hey, Aaz.

I read on a Berserk Wiki that if a potential Apostle/God Hand member rejects the sacrificial ceremony, their life will be taken in exchange? I know the Count was dragged to the netherworld when he failed to offer his daughter - but I thought that was because he was already dying?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Doc said:
Hey, Aaz.

I read on a Berserk Wiki that if a potential Apostle/God Hand member rejects the sacrificial ceremony, their life will be taken in exchange? I know the Count was dragged to the netherworld when he failed to offer his daughter - but I thought that was because he was already dying?

Yes, he was taken by the Vortex of Souls because he was basically dead (and being an apostle, that destined him to end up there). We do not know what would happen to a human simply refusing to sacrifice. That wiki's claims are unfounded and should not be taken seriously. For the record, I don't recommend people to consult such websites as they generally contain a lot of misinformation.

Two questions
1. With Ganishka out of the way, do you see Miura introducing a new villain?? In what context (i.e from the spiritual world, or maybe from within his kingdom)
2. Will love be what prevails in the end, with guts/cascas child being inside griffith and all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom