Batman Begins

I think the first two Batman movies were the best. These days movies are recreated over and over with different actors playing the same role. I hate that. They may not be realistic but, I stick with the original, the first two.
  Same as the cartoons. They were recreated a couple of times. Just as X-Men and Spiderman were.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, it's like when they perform Shakespeare's plays with different people instead of the original actors! UGH! >:(

=)

Anyway, this obviously wasn't supposed to be a continuation of any of the previous Batman movies, it was a total departure and a new direction; basically, your complaint is completely irrational and invalid. 8)

Though, as for Begins compared to the former Batman movies, I too might be on the side of the original movie as the best overall, self-contained, theatrical Batman experience (for reasons I'll go further into when this stance is undoubtedly challenged). The rest of them... naaaah. :)

Griffith

Walter said:
I challenge. Justify Batdance.

To put it simply and paraphrase what you said about Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen earlier in the thread; both are Batman movies, but Nolan has a much more on-the-nose approach to it, while Burton is generally more theatrical. I think the latter, arguably, better serves the Batman mythology as a whole, considering how vast it is and where it originates, comic books, as represented in a single film.

Oh, and Bat Dance has crisper sound. =)

I feel this movie is better than its predecessor because it touch more on how the hell did that guy become batman... And as exaggerating it seem, it does look realistic... He is strong because he is rich enough to buy high tech stuff...

I didn't know he was under the training for Samurai Swordskill

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
I didn't know he was under the training for Samurai Swordskill
You didn't know Batman knew kung-fu? 8) Seriously though, it's been touched on several times in the series, starting with Year One, I think (which this movie was loosely based on). It was even an over-exagerrated point in the Animated series, where nearly all of Batman's serious mano-e-manos were him facing off like Shinobi.

"Tiger! Eagle! This is not a dance!" I loved Liam Neeson in this movie.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
He is strong because he is rich enough to buy high tech stuff...

Yeah, now that makes sense, Batman's only real strength is his money, he'd be a total loser if he didn't have all these spiffy gadgets!

BatGadget.jpg

Griffith

According to IMDb:

Holmes Dropped from 'Batman' Sequel

Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have signed to star in a second Batman movie, but love interest Katie Holmes has been dropped. Movie bosses are thrilled with the response to Batman Begins - it took $46.9 million in its first weekend at the US box office - and have snapped up the film's stars for a sequel. Bale as Batman was the first to put pen to paper, followed by Caine as butler Alfred and Freeman as Bruce Wayne's business associate Lucius Fox. But Holmes won't reprise her role as district attorney Rachel Dawes - reportedly because Warner Bros is angry her engagement to Tom Cruise has stolen media attention away from the movie. A source tells Pagesix.Com, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman." Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress. Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the Joker rather than Katie and Tom."

Good riddance, and nicely handled too, if I do say so myself. ;D

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
I don't think that Katie Holmes did a poor job in the movie, but she was the worst out of all the principal players in the movie. She was just out classed. It really wasn't her fault. ;)

Does Batman really need a love interest?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Kakkoii_Guts said:
Does Batman really need a love interest?
Well, he can't push them away otherwise.  He's actualy tried to give things a chance a couple of times.  Oh, and don't forget catwoman.  

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Psymont 2.0 said:
the next joker huh? well... hmmm... they should make him cgi and have mark hamell do the voice!! :p jk
What about the guy who played the green goblin in spiderman? I can see that!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
How about that really famous person from that really populer movie?
Listen Nancy boy, who ever the actor that played the green goblin in spiderman. Its not like I didnt give you the name of the movie and the char.

If I said, who played Korban dallas from the fifth element, you wouldnt know?

So eat the penis. :-*

EDIT:This is for you Bob, just to show that I can go that extra mile for you!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000353/

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Listen Nancy boy, who ever the actor that played the green goblin in spiderman. Its not like I didnt give you the name of the movie and the char.

If I said, who played Korban dallas from the fifth element, you wouldnt know?

So eat the penis.   :-*

EDIT:This is for you Bob, just to show that I can go that extra mile for you!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000353/

Gezzz I was only making a suggestion. =[

That one populer movie's famous guy looks just like the joker in everyway. I specially remember that one part where it was like "wow" and he shot that one thing and did something to that generic bad guy. oh Well I guess Willem Dafoe is ok. :-\

I think it's a bit frustrating that they would just drop Katie Holmes character like that...granted her acting wasn't all that great...nevertheless, it looked like they developed a lead into a nice lil' romance for whatever direction the next movie will take. I guess it's kind irritating that, "Oh man, I have a thing for this girl..." Next movie...new love interest "...screw the other one...I want this one." Heh..still a great movie!

*spoiler??*

But then again, I suppose you could reason that she said something along the lines of "I'll wait for the man who left to come back"...Her character goes off and does something else in the next movie.

"Griffith No More!" said:
Yeah, it's like when they perform Shakespeare's plays with different people instead of the original actors! UGH! >:(

=)

Anyway, this obviously wasn't supposed to be a continuation of any of the previous Batman movies, it was a total departure and a new direction; basically, your complaint is completely irrational and invalid. 8)

Though, as for Begins compared to the former Batman movies, I too might be on the side of the original movie as the best overall, self-contained, theatrical Batman experience (for reasons I'll go further into when this stance is undoubtedly challenged). The rest of them... naaaah. :)

I never said it was a continuation. All I said is I'm sick of people taking a movie and recreating it over and over. :-\

Griffith

Hikari_Sunbeam said:
I never said it was a continuation. All I said is I'm sick of people taking a movie and recreating it over and over.  :-\

Yes, and I addressed it as such. :)

Batman and Batman Returns had no connection with Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. They were two different series of movies. Now Batman Begins is the first of a trilogy or more where each movie actually ties into the previous one. It's also the way Batman should be as a character and as a story (the way it's told anyway).

I can see the new Batman movies being DC's equivalent to Marvel's Spiderman.

Top Bottom